swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Polaris (and Yamaha) has/have been making these videos for years. Just biased propaganda I would never put any faith in regardless of which MFG they came from. There was one comparing the Ranger 570 to the 700. They started talking about how the door entry has 30% more foot room than the Honda. That's what i would call grasping at straws.

I'm hoping to be the guinea pig with a new 1000 Ranger. They were doing a contest called Ranger Country that I entered several times. The prize is a new 1000, and I am sure I will win it. Right after I ride a unicorn out of Lost Dutchman mine.
Hahahaha A poooolaris 1000
Your soul would feel empty in side. And you would sale it:D

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The thing I always heard about AC was that they were awesome with warranty claims.
They are. I sent my clutches off to be machined and it really screwed it up. It leaked oil around the inner seal Arctic Cat replaced everything no questions asked.

Last edited:
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I towed a RZR out of the quick sand.
20171125 123226
20171125 12323565739
20171125 12323765736

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Reactions: ZeroG and Plumber32
aprils_fool

aprils_fool

Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2017
Big Rapids, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The thing I'm lmao about the most is how they use both a regular and a crew model against only a P1k5 in all aspects kinda funny they didnt use the stretch limo crew cab on the fancy rolling road obstacles.
Is my P1k5 the best machine for all scenarios?? No. But neither is anyone elses brand in my opinion. I still believe that my P1k5 is like the jack of all trades master of none. It does everything I need it to and more so far!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

advertisement
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I stripped it down for better performance. Added a Teryx bucket seat back, Fox Shocks, etc. I need the better performance for riding with the 1000cc sport models. I drive my Yamaha YXZ when I ride with my Turbo buddies. Not willing to wait on the Honda Sport models but I'm really going to be disappointed if they don't come out next year.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I stripped it down for better performance. Added a Teryx bucket seat back, Fox Shocks, etc. I need the better performance for riding with the 1000cc sport models. I drive my Yamaha YXZ when I ride with my Turbo buddies. Not willing to wait on the Honda Sport models but I'm really going to be disappointed if they don't come out next year.
Power commander wakes them up. Worth the coin.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Honda could have the lions share of the S x S sales if they would put eighteen inch suspension on the P1-5 platform, trailing arms of course!

Reactions: Plumber32
H

HondaTech

Honda could have the lions share of the S x S sales if they would put eighteen inch suspension on the P1-5 platform, trailing arms of course!

The behind the scenes guys I've talked to really like the YZX platform but say the engine/trans combo is crap. Honda doesn't want to put something out there like Polaris that'll fall apart taking it off the trailer. They are also wary of pricing, they are already creeping near RZR territory with he LE and a sport would probably be there as well. They like the idea of hug suspension flex but again don't want to give you something that needs constant maintenance. Those trophy truck like numbers of suspension travel come at a price. Shocks that need maintenance just like the rest of the machine. Those guys racing Baja take those things apart or install new ones every day.

Guys give Honda crap about not ever putting aftermarket shocks on stuff out of the box but most riders out there couldn't tell the difference anyway. Slap a big FOX sticker on the damm things and they'd swear it rode like a dream. I've ridden in a newer Teryx 4 that rode like total ass with FOX shocks. Then I rode in a LE P1K with them and it was amazing. I think Polaris is on to something with their electronic suspension until something goes wrong and it's not cost effective to fix.

Im glad Honda paired with FOX, hopefully this is a sign of things to come for Big Red. I'm just upset I might not be in the business when it happens.

Last edited:
J

JTW

The thing I'm lmao about the most is how they use both a regular and a crew model against only a P1k5 in all aspects kinda funny they didnt use the stretch limo crew cab on the fancy rolling road obstacles.
Is my P1k5 the best machine for all scenarios?? No. But neither is anyone elses brand in my opinion. I still believe that my P1k5 is like the jack of all trades master of none. It does everything I need it to and more so far!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Amen!!

Reactions: aprils_fool
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The behind the scenes guys I've talked to really like the YZX platform but say the engine/trans combo is crap. Honda doesn't want to put something out there like Polaris that'll fall apart taking it off the trailer. They are also wary of pricing, they are already creeping near RZR territory with he LE and a sport would probably be there as well. They like the idea of hug suspension flex but again don't want to give you something that needs constant maintenance. Those trophy truck like numbers of suspension travel come at a price. Shocks that need maintenance just like the rest of the machine. Those guys racing Baja take those things apart or install new ones every day.

Guys give Honda crap about not ever putting aftermarket shocks on stuff out of the box but most riders out there couldn't tell the difference anyway. Slap a big FOX sticker on the damm things and they'd swear it rode like a dream. I've ridden in a newer Teryx 4 that rode like total was with FOX shocks. Then I rode in a LE P1K with them and it was amazing. I think Polaris is on to something with their electronic suspension until something goes wrong and it's not cost effective to fix.

Im glad Honda paired with FOX, hopefully this is a sign of things to come for Big Red. I'm just upset I might not be in the business when it happens.
They should have included Super ATV A arms in there pairing.

tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
I haven't seen many complaints on the Polaris forums about the new 18 Ranger XP 1000. Of course, they may not be whiners like the P1000 owners either. When I see hundreds of posts on how bad the clutch or heat is I surely won't buy one.

Reactions: Plumber32
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I haven't seen many complaints on the Polaris forums about the new 18 Ranger XP 1000. Of course, they may not be whiners like the P1000 owners either. When I see hundreds of posts on how bad the clutch or heat is I surely won't buy one.
Have you seen the twenty some odd threads I have sprinkled throughout out this site stating the heat and clutch fix are fixed and I'm one happy camper?

Reactions: swsebek
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!