Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Someone said that you have 2 in your garage!
They went through a lot of effort to prove how much better the polaris is. But let’s pick it apart.
A Honda owners answer to polaris.

1. More horse power and more delivered to the wheels.....10 hp isn’t that much and power delivered to the wheels by a belt isn’t as dependable as Honda’s dct.

2. Better acceleration.....Let’s run that test after a year of hard use and hope that cvt system can still keep up. The Honda beats ranger by always accelerating at the same rate, no belts here.

3. On demand all wheel drive......you saw it for yourself it performed great...so did the Honda when put in the mode needed for that application. I’ll give this category a draw to be fair.

4. Cab enclosures.... I’ll drive my truck if I want dust kept out and no rain getting in and when we are farming the dust still gets in even though the windows are up, im sure the polaris cab isnt as good as my $47000 pickup. Also figure the cost of that polaris cab, it should perform that way for the price.

5. Leg room.... ok the polaris wins here, except for having a frame length of like 12yds that can’t handle ditches and creek crossings.

The polaris is a great machine in its own right but this test video was bogus in my opinion. You have to do better than that polaris! I call this a case of being scared of the competition. “Heavy is the crown and numbered are the days who wears it”.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 3263
IMG 3265

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well...Pinedale WY won the title "Ranger County". No word on the person who won yet.

EDIT: "Chris T" from WI won the Ranger. I have my doubts as to whether or not this is a real person...

Last edited:
C

Calhoun

Apr 14, 2016
Michigan
They went through a lot of effort to prove how much better the polaris is. But let’s pick it apart.

1. More horse power and more delivered to the wheels.....10 hp isn’t that much and power delivered to the wheels by a belt isn’t as dependable as Honda’s dct.

2. Better acceleration.....Let’s run that test after a year of hard use and hope that cvt system can still keep up. The Honda beats ranger by always accelerating at the same rate, no belts here.

3. On demand all wheel drive......you saw it for yourself it performed great...so did the Honda when put in the mode needed for that application. I’ll give this category a draw to be fair.

4. Cab enclosures.... I’ll drive my truck if I want dust kept out and no rain getting in and when we are farming the dust still gets in even though the windows are up, im sure the polaris cab isnt as good as my $47000 pickup. Also figure the cost of that polaris cab, it should perform that way for the price.

5. Leg room.... ok the polaris wins here, except for having a frame length of like 12yds that can’t handle ditches and creek crossings.

The polaris is a great machine in its own right but this test video was bogus in my opinion. You have to do better than that polaris! I call this a case of being scared of the competition. “Heavy is the crown and numbered are the days who wears it”.

There’s no doubt the pioneer is a good machine, but to say it’s dtc is more dependable then Polaris belt system is laughable. Hopefully we can say this in the future when they get clutches that can handle everything that is thrown at them.
Also a cab might not be a big deal for some, but for people with bad winters its a must, i have seen both cabs, just one of the reasons I won’t buy a pioneer.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There’s no doubt the pioneer is a good machine, but to say it’s dtc is more dependable then Polaris belt system is laughable. Hopefully we can say this in the future when they get clutches that can handle everything that is thrown at them.
Also a cab might not be a big deal for some, but for people with bad winters its a must, i have seen both cabs, just one of the reasons I won’t buy a pioneer.
I’ll take the clutches over the belt any day of the week. I’ve had breakdowns because of belts, my last two side by sides changed my opinion on belt drives. I didn’t say the ranger wasn’t dependable, but I do believe that the Honda even with a few dct issues is a better system. The pioneer 1000 is new, what’s polaris’s Excuse? They’ve been doing this for awhile now, they should have a bulletproof belt system after 30 plus years of using that system. On the cab enclosures, I guess if you live where it’s bad weather during the winter and you need a full cab that’s completely sealed then buy a ranger by all means. I’ll take the Honda and a pair of carhartts and call it good. Not trying to downplay polaris, we have a ranger and sportsman 450 on the farm they are good machines but not as good as our two pioneers.

advertisement
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

The update fixes the cooling issue get the update and they will. Don’t wait till they fail on you then you have clutch material in the motor. It free I’m having mine updated Wednesday.

VINEYARD1909

VINEYARD1909

Jun 20, 2017
Chatsworth Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't think Polaris likes having competition to post a video like this taking the Honda head on.

BS video if your gonna use the Pioneer that sits 5 then use the Ranger that can sit 5 and do all of your test dumb bastards. No matter what videos they make it still doesn't change the most important thing HONDA=RELIABILITY. The competition is gonna hate when the sport models start dropping damn Talon should be here already.

H

HondaTech

I feel the first one irrelevant right away because I know they measured both at the crank and that damm belt draws alot of power down. If done at the wheels they'd be alot closer if the Honda didn't have more.

They forgot to mention the jerking trans Rangers have had forever that they supposedly fixed for 2018. But I've heard mixed reviews about that as well.

Reactions: Russ989
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
WOW! That's crazy. What's causing the fires? I'll put up with a little seat heat.

POOR engineering is the cause. Even Adapto-fit-hillbilly engineers know not to run fuel line 2" from header pipes. However POPO decided it's ok to pump out hundreds of thousands of units with just that flaw.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
POOR engineering is the cause. Even Adapto-fit-hillbilly engineers know not to run fuel line 2" from header pipes. However POPO decided it's ok to pump out hundreds of thousands of units with just that flaw.

Insurance will take care of it and they get to sell another one.

And Honda is the one with the heat problem?

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One thing I have always hated about my sportsman 850xp is the reverse clunk, put it into reverse and it revs to the clouds lol and then a clunk, always has annoyed me, doesn't matter how much I feather the throttle. Still have it and will probably keep it as my hunting rig, until Honda puts a locker in the P500, then I will get one and it will be my new hunting rig. Hint hint hint HONDA!!!!!!!' Also turf mode in it please

C

Calhoun

Apr 14, 2016
Michigan
I’ll take the clutches over the belt any day of the week. I’ve had breakdowns because of belts, my last two side by sides changed my opinion on belt drives. I didn’t say the ranger wasn’t dependable, but I do believe that the Honda even with a few dct issues is a better system. The pioneer 1000 is new, what’s polaris’s Excuse? They’ve been doing this for awhile now, they should have a bulletproof belt system after 30 plus years of using that system. On the cab enclosures, I guess if you live where it’s bad weather during the winter and you need a full cab that’s completely sealed then buy a ranger by all means. I’ll take the Honda and a pair of carhartts and call it good. Not trying to downplay polaris, we have a ranger and sportsman 450 on the farm they are good machines but not as good as our two pioneers.
I don’t own a Polaris 1000, I have a ranger 570 on the farm and have abused the piss out of it and still on the original belt. My neighbor has a 17 pioneer 1000 and has burnt cluthes twice. He believes the first time was his fault( backing up a hay trailer and the other time he has no idea what he did wrong) I have moved that same trailer 100’s of times backing up, going forward, stuck in the mud and never had a issue with a machine with have the power. Now he’s been insured that he shouldn’t have any problems, but he’s scared the hell of doing any real work with it. Even with the problems the neighbor had I was still going to buy the Honda but then the x4 came out and I bought that. The belt on the yamaha I believe will be there for a long time!

I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t own a Polaris 1000, I have a ranger 570 on the farm and have abused the piss out of it and still on the original belt. My neighbor has a 17 pioneer 1000 and has burnt cluthes twice. He believes the first time was his fault( backing up a hay trailer and the other time he has no idea what he did wrong) I have moved that same trailer 100’s of times backing up, going forward, stuck in the mud and never had a issue with a machine with have the power. Now he’s been insured that he shouldn’t have any problems, but he’s scared the hell of doing any real work with it. Even with the problems the neighbor had I was still going to buy the Honda but then the x4 came out and I bought that. The belt on the yamaha I believe will be there for a long time!

I like Yamaha and it will probably last you a very long time, I believe they have the best CVT System on the market. I looked at the X4 after I got my pioneer and I'm glad I got the pioneer, did not care for the rear seats on the X4.

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

So then.. I’m confused, why are you here? If you’ve already bought an X4 and you won’t buy a Pioneer. Then why come back to talk about how great Polaris is?

Reactions: Plumber32
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!