Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t own a Polaris 1000, I have a ranger 570 on the farm and have abused the piss out of it and still on the original belt. My neighbor has a 17 pioneer 1000 and has burnt cluthes twice. He believes the first time was his fault( backing up a hay trailer and the other time he has no idea what he did wrong) I have moved that same trailer 100’s of times backing up, going forward, stuck in the mud and never had a issue with a machine with have the power. Now he’s been insured that he shouldn’t have any problems, but he’s scared the hell of doing any real work with it. Even with the problems the neighbor had I was still going to buy the Honda but then the x4 came out and I bought that. The belt on the yamaha I believe will be there for a long time!
Calhoun, I’m not trying to argue with you about this, apparently we have both had different experiences with polaris vs Honda. There is a fix for the clutches on the Honda and as I said, this is new and not thirty years in the making, to say the polaris is the hands down winner is what I think is laughable and why I think the video is bogus. Every machine that is manufactured has pros and cons, nothing is perfect!

Reactions: JTW
C

Calhoun

Apr 14, 2016
Michigan
So then.. I’m confused, why are you here? If you’ve already bought an X4 and you won’t buy a Pioneer. Then why come back to talk about how great Polaris is?
I’m here because I enjoy reading about all sxs’s. I’m not a loyal fan boy of one brand. When I first joined this site it was to learn everything I could about the new pioneer and make a educated decision on whether the pioneer was the sxs for me. Just like a lot of people the idea of a direct drive beltless sxs sounded amazing. Had me hook line and sinker. I waited for a some feedback on the machine from you guys. Let’s face it the first few years of the 1000 wasn’t great. Also my neighbor had problems with his and I’ve heard of a few more locals that had some issues. So after lots of reading on here and other sites and some seat time in both I decided on the X4. For my uses mostly recreational, it was the perfect fit. Is it better then the pioneer, for my needs yes, for others it not. I really hope this site doesn’t turn into a you have to have a Honda and say nothing but amazing things or will run you off. These sites are great for people just trying to make a decision on a pretty major purchase. Not trying to start a fight with anybody, just giving a different perspective.

Reactions: ZeroG and Plumber32
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I’m here because I enjoy reading about all sxs’s. I’m not a loyal fan boy of one brand. When I first joined this site it was to learn everything I could about the new pioneer and make a educated decision on whether the pioneer was the sxs for me. Just like a lot of people the idea of a direct drive beltless sxs sounded amazing. Had me hook line and sinker. I waited for a some feedback on the machine from you guys. Let’s face it the first few years of the 1000 wasn’t great. Also my neighbor had problems with his and I’ve heard of a few more locals that had some issues. So after lots of reading on here and other sites and some seat time in both I decided on the X4. For my uses mostly recreational, it was the perfect fit. Is it better then the pioneer, for my needs yes, for others it not. I really hope this site doesn’t turn into a you have to have a Honda and say nothing but amazing things or will run you off. These sites are great for people just trying to make a decision on a pretty major purchase. Not trying to start a fight with anybody, just giving a different perspective.
I have belts that I use to hold my paints up, don't care if you have belts or suspenders, just keep the butt crack where it belongs, HA!:p

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So now I'm confused.
Are you a plumber by trade or not? ;-)
Aristocratic plumber, I am. When I used to work on jobs in the field, I would see all these butt cracks all day, until I came up with a plan. I would find some fine sawdust and put in my back pocket, every time I walked by someone with there butt crack showing, I would sprinkle a little saw dust in there butt crack, I would make several trips by. About fifteen minutes later all the butt crackers were scratching there butts like mad and pulling there paints up and keeping them that way. They never caught on!:D

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Aristocratic plumber, I am. When I used to work on jobs in the field, I would see all these butt cracks all day, until I came up with a plan. I would find some fine sawdust and put in my back pocket, every time I walked by someone with there butt crack showing, I would sprinkle a little saw dust in there butt crack, I would make several trips by. About fifteen minutes later all the butt crackers were scratching there butts like mad and pulling there paints up and keeping them that way. They never caught on!:D

Must be that JT never heard of your job sites!

Reactions: JTW
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I looked over the Yamaha line up at the Yamaha shop while waiting for my Honda rims and tires, ( thats another story ). looked at the X4 really nice, rear seats are comfortable and they slide up and leave a small bed, I asked if they had a bed liner for them to keep debris out on the seat tracks, no. No big deal, they were not made to haul dirt and stuff like that. I looked at the YZX, Sport and the X4, if I remember right they all had the same front fenders with the notch in them. I ride tight trails and on the wider ones I seem to have trouble staying on the trails. I pretty hard on stuff, I think I would have rips in the front fenders from brush/trees if I had Yamaha. The Sport intrigued me, manual shift. Talked to a salesman that said he has one and it did pretty good in the gnarls.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!