NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
BCA0FBEE 04D3 4CA6 8EB4 BD062E2615BD
Seen past posts of people researching here about which machine to buy, Honda vs Polaris, (I own both). Just saw 2 Separate posts on a Polaris forum of engine failures on like new machines, and lack of dealer support. Owner says he was riding on side of road, no water holes or mud riding, normal rpms. Interesting info for those looking to buy.
78619F91 B997 453F 9273 A550FE6BCE23

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Those 550 and 850 engines are crap. In some cases, it's a gear that is press fit instead of being keyed, which slips and gets it out of time, and KABOOM. They had overheating issues, etc., etc., etc. Typical Polarass stuff.
Hey I’m offended by that statement. Our 550 made it at least a few minutes before check engine light and a dealer visit then a good year before the head was completely gone through. Then another solid 18 months till the whole engine was went through. I’ll bet we got at least 3-400 on each belt and only replaced the front brakes, bearings, and a few joints a couple times in the 3 years we rode it, we’d even repair things immediately and drive it easily because we loved it so much! Was a perfectly good machine, a genuine treat actually. Didn’t even catch fire once, so take that all you naysayers!

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Hey I’m offended by that statement. Our 550 made it at least a few minutes before check engine light and a dealer visit then a good year before the head was completely gone through. Then another solid 18 months till the whole engine was went through. I’ll bet we got at least 3-400 on each belt and only replaced the front brakes, bearings, and a few joints a couple times in the 3 years we rode it, we’d even repair things immediately and drive it easily because we loved it so much! Was a perfectly good machine, a genuine treat actually. Didn’t even catch fire once, so take that all you naysayers!
The glass is always half full for the PNW Legend ;)

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
lmao. i havent seen any of the 500+ polaris products that dont over heat unless driven over 20 mph constantly. or radiator relocator done to them. ill keep my 14 700 pinny. 1 day i may even change the spark plug from the factory one

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 170155 Seen past posts of people researching here about which machine to buy, Honda vs Polaris, (I own both). Just saw 2 Separate posts on a Polaris forum of engine failures on like new machines, and lack of dealer support. Owner says he was riding on side of road, no water holes or mud riding, normal rpms. Interesting info for those looking to buy.
View attachment 170177
Thats why I call them Pooooolaris.

P

PNWGuy

Guy at work was just complaining about his 2017 Polaris ATV with 300 miles on it and three years old. Basically just uses it for snow plowing and short trips around the farm. He said it was back in the shop for an ignition switch and was told the $200 repair might not be covered under warranty because on a Polaris, it's a "normal wear item", lol. It was covered eventually.

Reactions: Mudder
Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I had a popo for 2 yrs. The engine ran good still does . I know where it's at. It is a rear axle eater , belts, after 14 months rebuilt cvt trans. Other assorted little things but it ran good. But my Polaris experience is over. I like their looks but I won't own another one I couldn't depend on it.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Guy from work has a 2018 rzr 1000 turbo-s he bought new in may 2018. In August 2019 he noticed coolant was low. Topped off and after next ride coolant was low again. Took it to Ritchie Powersports under the extended warranty. They had it a week and said it must have burped itself. Next ride samething. Took it back and they had it 2 weeks. Said nothing wrong. Next ride samething so he took it to another guy that was warranty certified. He couldn't find anything wrong with it. Next ride in October it locks the motor up. The oil looks like nasty jelly. Coolant in oil. Warranty waits till end of December and denies fixing engine. Even though he tried 3 times to have the issue that caused the engine failure fixed. $25k machine with 900 miles and he's not a typical rzr head that trashes his machine. Now it $3500 for rebuilt or $7800 for a new engine.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Guy from work has a 2018 rzr 1000 turbo-s he bought new in may 2018. In August 2019 he noticed coolant was low. Topped off and after next ride coolant was low again. Took it to Ritchie Powersports under the extended warranty. They had it a week and said it must have burped itself. Next ride samething. Took it back and they had it 2 weeks. Said nothing wrong. Next ride samething so he took it to another guy that was warranty certified. He couldn't find anything wrong with it. Next ride in October it locks the motor up. The oil looks like nasty jelly. Coolant in oil. Warranty waits till end of December and denies fixing engine. Even though he tried 3 times to have the issue that caused the engine failure fixed. $25k machine with 900 miles and he's not a typical rzr head that trashes his machine. Now it $3500 for rebuilt or $7800 for a new engine.
So nobody checked the oil during all of this? Or ran a block test? Sounds like some "mechanics" need some warranty replacement.
Poop seems.to go out of their way to deny stuff. If I could afford that machine, I think I'd be looking an attorney.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So nobody checked the oil during all of this? Or ran a block test? Sounds like some "mechanics" need some warranty replacement.
Poop seems.to go out of their way to deny stuff. If I could afford that machine, I think I'd be looking an attorney.
Dealer claimed they pressure tested it said it was good to go. It was only loosing a few ounces of coolant each time. He claims he never seen signs of water in the oil.

Reactions: Mudder and DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Dealer claimed they pressure tested it said it was good to go. It was only loosing a few ounces of coolant each time. He claims he never seen signs of water in the oil.
I was thinking of a block test. You have a tube filled with blue liquid. You suck air out of the cooling system, and if any combustion gasses are present, the liquid turns green, though that would do no good if the gasket (or whatever) didn't fail into a water jacket (but if that were the case, you probably wouldn't loose coolant).

It'll be interesting to hear what they find.

Reactions: TripleB
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Yeah my buddy just traded his 2018 1000xp highlifter (27k) for a 2019 turbo S (29k). After owning highlifter for 8 months he probably spent around 2k in belts and 1 primary clutch that blew up. Now with the turbo, after first ride a while back, he took it into dealer cause turbo got super red hot and started to melt plastic air box. Dealer said to stay above 20 mph and never ever get it wet! We live in South Florida, most of our trails have some kinda water, he wont learn!!

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
He likes the rzr cause they r fast and look bada**, says my P1K5 is too boxy and he cant do doughnuts in it. I agree the rzr looks nice, and told him it's going to look even nicer when I have to tow him back to the truck :) :)

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
He likes the rzr cause they r fast and look bada**, says my P1K5 is too boxy and he cant do doughnuts in it. I agree the rzr looks nice, and told him it's going to look even nicer when I have to tow him back to the truck :) :)
iv never understood the need to do donuts in a sxs. thats 4 wheeler stuff. so when it goes on its side 1 person can right it. if i see a sxs go on its side from donuts ill hook my winch up. but i dam sure aint running over to it trying to lift these heavy things.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mudder and TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!