H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
CumminsPusher The Yamaha YXZ is great or the race track. Fair in the dunes and open desert. 1st gear is too high and its really difficult to start off on a hill. 5 of my friends tried it and won't buy one. The clutch, high gearing, and high price are deal breakers. For my fast pace rides its great but I had to make several improvements. It idles at 6 mph and needs to be above 10 mph on mild hills and 15 mph on steep hills. I drive my Pioneer on the tough slow rides.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I I ran into a guy last weekend up where we ride and he said about the same thing about the high 1st. He was saying he was planning to get it regeared. I haven't had the chance to drive it yet as we were in a hurry. Is it something you could live with Ive rough stuff? How often would you say you have to slip the clutch?

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
CUOFFRD: I like this thread. I appreciate that the Honda isn't for everyone. I think it actually makes me more fond of mine.
Kinda like having Ford-vs-Chevy. I do hope you keep the Pioneer for a year or so and learn to love it. If not... Someone will likely get a good deal on a Honda.

Maybe we will meet on the trail one day.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
walexa07

walexa07

Lifetime Member
Feb 6, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CumminsPusher The Yamaha YXZ is great or the race track. Fair in the dunes and open desert. 1st gear is too high and its really difficult to start off on a hill. 5 of my friends tried it and won't buy one. The clutch, high gearing, and high price are deal breakers. For my fast pace rides its great but I had to make several improvements. It idles at 6 mph and needs to be above 10 mph on mild hills and 15 mph on steep hills. I drive my Pioneer on the tough slow rides.

What can you tell us about the 2017 Honda models? Any changes to the Pioneer 1000? Lower gearing maybe in low range and reverse?

Thanks,

Waylan

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I wish to for low range reverse as well. I wish they would have done that. Probably didn't want us to be tugging with it

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!