Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wonder if that's how the RZR recall started? Come to find out, the extra heat customers felt was their azzes being burned alive ( not making light of the people who were hurt by this). Just making light of it taking over 160 cases before Polaris figured there might be a problem

Reactions: joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wonder if that's how the RZR recall started? Come to find out, the extra heat customers felt was their azzes being burned alive ( not making light of the people who were hurt by this). Just making light of it taking over 160 cases before Polaris figured there might be a problem
And years of building the exact same problems without fixing it. When you look up Polaris recalls it's such a long list. It amazes me how people have to get hurt some worse or safety commission has to get involved. Great company shows they care.

Reactions: joeymt33
Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well that sucks.

I feel bad for the guys who bought them.

But honestly I feel even more bad for me. :p

My dealer is the largest Polaris dealer in the nation and they were already 2 weeks behind in the service department due to all the other Polaris recalls. I am going to call today and hopefully get in. I used to just call them and drop off my stuff and just tell them to work them in when they got a chance and call me when they got done because I knew people would just not show up for their appointments. Now, they will probably be doing recall repairs on all their existing stuff whenever they get a little bit of breathing room.

Dang it.

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
As an aside, I have noticed from reading all the different forums that EVERYTHING is running hot.

I have also seen some comments specifically related to the Yamaha Wolverine, that they are running very lean. Some hypothesis it is in an effort to remain CARB emmissions compliant and with a tuner you can richen up the mixture a little bit and greatly decrease the exhaust temp.

Are all the manufacturers doing this?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm sure across the board. Is hard to richen them up being fi but I agree that help a little give better motor life too but I guess that's not a concern to tree hungers it's important for such a small percentage of the pollution to get great emissions that the compared resources to manufacture a replacement doesn't mattee

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well, I got my appointment at least. I called and talked to one of the guys in the Service department. He said he would look in his book and see when he had an opening but stated they were really, really busy. I said I bet, I heard there was another Polaris recall. He kind of laughed a little exasperated laugh under his breath and said oh, yeah. I told him that I could just bring it in and drop it off and let them work it in if it was easier and he said there was no working it in right now so they must be really covered up bad. I feel sorry for them, they are probably getting worked to death on all these recalls.

It was kind of funny, he asked for my name and then said, which machine are you bringing in and I told him a Pioneer 1000 and he honestly sounded relieved.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well, I got my appointment at least. I called and talked to one of the guys in the Service department. He said he would look in his book and see when he had an opening but stated they were really, really busy. I said I bet, I heard there was another Polaris recall. He kind of laughed a little exasperated laugh under his breath and said oh, yeah. I told him that I could just bring it in and drop it off and let them work it in if it was easier and he said there was no working it in right now so they must be really covered up bad. I feel sorry for them, they are probably getting worked to death on all these recalls.

It was kind of funny, he asked for my name and then said, which machine are you bringing in and I told him a Pioneer 1000 and he honestly sounded relieved.
Just another reason for shops to sell Polaris...they get paid to fix what Polaris doesn't

Reactions: uprider
N

Nightcrawler

Apr 23, 2016
Portland, OR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As an aside, I have noticed from reading all the different forums that EVERYTHING is running hot.

I have also seen some comments specifically related to the Yamaha Wolverine, that they are running very lean. Some hypothesis it is in an effort to remain CARB emmissions compliant and with a tuner you can richen up the mixture a little bit and greatly decrease the exhaust temp.

Are all the manufacturers doing this?
With out a doubt yes! FI four strokes run hot though, and in a SXS you are sitting on top of the motor so it is the nature of the beast.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
advertisement
HotRodLincoln

HotRodLincoln

Apr 5, 2016
n.h.
Will Honda ever officially acknowledge their own heat issue? Whats funny is the angst directed towards Polaris by Honda lovers who themselves are in the midst of a serious heat issue. ya and the rubber mat Honda factory Band-Aid is ridiculous and you know it. Looks like some "American" fix it yourselfer will fix it right aftermarket style with a fan/insulation kit. Someone make a kit with a bypassable themo switch controlling a nice high cfm fan that's durable and water resistant along with some high heat resistance reflective shielding please. thank you. PS; this message is likely to get censored ie deleted at any moment. lol

Reactions: AZhunter
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Will Honda ever officially acknowledge their own heat issue? Whats funny is the angst directed towards Polaris by Honda lovers who themselves are in the midst of a serious heat issue. ya and the rubber mat Honda factory Band-Aid is ridiculous and you know it. Looks like some "American" fix it yourselfer will fix it right aftermarket style with a fan/insulation kit. Someone make a kit with a bypassable themo switch controlling a nice high cfm fan that's durable and water resistant along with some high heat resistance reflective shielding please. thank you. PS; this message is likely to get censored ie deleted at any moment. lol
At least Honda is acknowledging it and doing something about it. It's not a forced recall like someone else. But I guess that company is use to forced recalls. Even if people are getting thier asses burned they continue to build the same stuff till someone has to step in. but I guess in that world it's acceptable. Maybe a kit needs to be built for the fan unit? I could look into that...maybe something like this

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
PS; this message is likely to get censored ie deleted at any moment. lol

Presumably, in light of past rejoinders which bewilderingly spawn belligerent responses. Optimistically praying forthcoming retorts will be progressive and respectful from one AND ALL!

Reactions: KevinSC
HotRodLincoln

HotRodLincoln

Apr 5, 2016
n.h.
Presumably, in light of past rejoinders which bewilderingly spawn belligerent responses. Optimistically praying forthcoming retorts will be progressive and respectful from one AND ALL!
Well said. lol. Please go easy on me I'm really just a big teddy that wants to ride over wrench. No offense ever intended to anyone...the machine on the other hand, well, I question things. Right now I'm wondering why a multi line dealer 30 mins from me only has one teryx4, but at least 5 p1000-5 dlx's and I'm sure some std p1ks too.....?

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
It will be interesting to see the 2017 P1000 improvements. The Hondas don't catch on fire but driving slow in hot weather it does get hot under the seat and for the right rear seat foot well. You can count on Honda making some improvements but it may take awhile. The Ranger 570 gets a small heat shield that is very easy to install. The RZR's take a much longer time and some have 5 recalls. My buddy is still waiting on the dealer to get all the parts for his RZR 900, its been over 2 months. It is a big problem for the service department to have to tell the owners to not drive it until it is fixed. He got tired of waiting and bought a Pioneer 500 to go on our 50 inch trail rides and just loves the paddle shifting, no belt drive, and it didn't cost nearly as much as the 50 inch RZR.

H

HondaTech

I dont know how many rangers I've seen with a melted wire harness on top of the engine from all the heat being reflected off the seat back ton the engine. These things are fire hazard death traps waiting for there next victim.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I dont know how many rangers I've seen with a melted wire harness on top of the engine from all the heat being reflected off the seat back ton the engine. These things are fire hazard death traps waiting for there next victim.
Mean no disrespect here but that's acceptable amongst that clan. It's just normal. Ive talked with many groups of riders in our journeys and they talk about going to the shop and working on thier rigs like Honda and Yamaha people talk about haircuts. You just become seasoned to the recall list. I think it makes some people feel more important to receive a notice in the mail every 6 months. I just don't get it. The day I found out Honda was building a sxs I sold our problems and have never looked back in the sxs world

Last edited:
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
There seems to be a bit of confusion.
Honda has a comfort issue that they have developed a partial fix for.
This recall is a safety issue (fire hazard) that the government is forcing Polaris to fix.
Just sayin - this is not like the other "Hot Seat" threads on this forum. Warm a$$ / fire hazard - not the same.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
There seems to be a bit of confusion.
Honda has a comfort issue that they have developed a partial fix for.
This recall is a safety issue (fire hazard) that the government is forcing Polaris to fix.
Just sayin - this is not like the other "Hot Seat" threads on this forum. Warm a$$ / fire hazard - not the same.
I don't know about others but I'm sure not concerned about the wellbeing of my family in the Honda In regards to safety as caused by the machine itself. I remember on the 700 there were a couple reports of dry grass on the skid plate smoking a little under the exhaust but no fire reports. Honda immediately stopped production fixed the i"issue" and issued a recall Not government. It's nice when a company cares and doesn't try to cover safety issues up. There might be a little "discomfort" like @ghost says but still a good rig

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!