P500 Post your rear rack or box. Pics.

12luck12

12luck12

Feb 10, 2019
Genesee idaho
Ownership

1. 500
20190312 2030551

I started from scratch. But this is what works for my needs.

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Very nice and thanks.
Mig welded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12luck12

12luck12

Feb 10, 2019
Genesee idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: Gassygordo
bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
May I ask- why didn’t you make the sides higher? I’d think it would be more secure to put things ‘into’ it vs. stacking them and strapping or bungie cording them down?

Again- great work on the project.

P

PNWGuy

Mine has evolved with every use.

I bought a SUV cargo roof rack off of Amazon for around $120, turned it sideways and mounted it on the factory rack. Then I took an old aluminum tool box I took off of a semi years ago and had sitting in the shop. Painted it with cheap truck bed coating, added a Kolpin dual gun rack for my shovel and ax, and called it good. Bought a Kolpin gun boot and wedged it between the box and the cage.

CjTI9bwjSx6DMlUQjpc1gg

12luck12

12luck12

Feb 10, 2019
Genesee idaho
Ownership

1. 500
May I ask- why didn’t you make the sides higher? I’d think it would be more secure to put things ‘into’ it vs. stacking them and strapping or bungie cording them down?

Again- great work on the project.

I wanted to keep it low so if we put a deer or elk on it i did not have to lift it very high.

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Good reason, nice deer. I’m hunting deep in the mountains so need to transport a camp and coolers.

12luck12

12luck12

Feb 10, 2019
Genesee idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Good reason, nice deer. I’m hunting deep in the mountains so need to transport a camp and coolers.

Most of the hunting I do is around a farm field. Can drive up to whatever is on the ground. But it does pack a cooler quit well also.

Reactions: Chuckerbird
B

Bruce4795

Dec 12, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Do you find that the rig feels top-heavy at all with a spare tire up there? I am considering where to place mine.
Al
If you purchase the front bumper accessory from Honda it makes an ideal place to mount a spare tire. A piece of angle iron and some long eye bolts do the trick. See my photos in another section.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!