P500 Post your rear rack or box. Pics.

hawgsooie

hawgsooie

Mar 12, 2019
AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here's mine. I'm interested in any suggestions on how to finish. I recently found this toolbox on Craigslist, which I really like. I used the Honda rack clamps from they plastic tub that the p500 came with.

I'm leaning towards the simple universal rack to finish. With all the storage I just need room for random stuff like ice chest or corn bags.

2 questions:
1) where can i buy more of the 1" honda clamps???
2) any suggestions other than a universal rack?

thanks!

5001 5002 5003

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
If you are looking for a reasonably priced rear universal rack/basket, I have this one. Its 41" wide and has held up well. I think I paid just over $100 for mine. A lot cheaper than the "Strongmade". I noticed this site is selling them for $88.47 (after rebate) with free shipping.

Curt 26x41 ATV Cargo Carrier Curt ATV-UTV Accessories C18101

They have a picture of one on a P500.

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger and twodog
bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Here's mine. I'm interested in any suggestions on how to finish. I recently found this toolbox on Craigslist, which I really like. I used the Honda rack clamps from they plastic tub that the p500 came with.

I'm leaning towards the simple universal rack to finish. With all the storage I just need room for random stuff like ice chest or corn bags.

2 questions:

thanks!

Move it to the rear, secure with U bolts and put sides on the space in front by the seats for putting larger things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papermaker

papermaker

Jan 18, 2019
Lewiston, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500

2 questions:

thanks!

View attachment 138209 View attachment 138210 View attachment 138211
I have 4 of the 1" rack clamps that I'm not going to use. I bought them from the dealership at $14 each. I'll sell them to you for $10 each, let me know.

papermaker

papermaker

Jan 18, 2019
Lewiston, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
I have 4 of the 1" rack clamps that I'm not going to use. I bought them from the dealership at $14 each. I'll sell them to you for $10 each, let me know.
Here is the part number if you want to check and see what your dealership will charge you.

Honda

hawgsooie

hawgsooie

Mar 12, 2019
AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are looking for a reasonably priced rear universal rack/basket, I have this one. Its 41" wide and has held up well. I think I paid just over $100 for mine. A lot cheaper than the "Strongmade". I noticed this site is selling them for $88.47 (after rebate) with free shipping.

Curt 26x41 ATV Cargo Carrier Curt ATV-UTV Accessories C18101

They have a picture of one on a P500.

Thanks @SILVER_ALERT, that might be a winner. It's for sure a good low cost option.

@bowhunterbill thanks for the suggestion as well. That's thinking outside the box...pun intended :)

L

larrybud

May 20, 2019
Kansas
Ownership

1. 500
Here’s mine. Just put the break in miles on her and washed it up. Oil Change is next on the agenda.

Both the aluminum box and steel basket are courtesy of Walmart. Ordered the box. Basket was off the shelf. The Box is 15' x 15" x 49". The basket is 48" x 19.5" x 5". Should work well for storing packs and rifles in the box. Whatever in the basket. Less than $200 for the pair.

A888F97F 092C 43D1 9A7C F9963D9CD5C1 A7DEDF61 783F 42A0 89E6 B35BB6185DF7

Last edited:
B

bh1332

Mar 13, 2019
Wyoming
After viewing many of the boxes on this website, I decided on factory Honda bed. I purchased some 1.5” aluminum square tube and did a design in AuroCAD (nerdy engineer here.....). I then had a local weld shop put a few welds on it, slid and bolted it into place, then installed the upper aluminum rear cargo rack I got from Harbor Freight for $60 or so. The 1.5” aluminum slides right in to the slots I’m thr Honda bed designed for a 2x6 or 2x4. The end product is a rack I can put my old ATV box on (up top) along with extra gas cans and other gear, and still have the entire bottom bed to throw a deer or quartered elk on or other hunting gear as I am headed in. I also can remove the upper rack and use the bed as a dump bed around the house, which I have done and it comes in super handy from the utility aspect. Just unlatch all but the back two Honda quick clamps and wa-la.....you have a dump bed. I may modify rear 2x6 connection to aluminum angle slightly to allow it to be removed a little easier when the top aluminum rack is it on. Same setup as dusty dawgs, but more versatile, lighter, and not quite as expensive.

02CDD51D 73D8 4B6F A5B4 3AF916BFFC54

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Looks good, @tbo4570 and welcome to the forum. Captain Obvious here..watch the upper rack weight with the narrow width machine on inclines and turns, could get a little tippy COG. Many have added wheel spacers for an added stance.

T

tbo4570

Jun 13, 2019
Poplarville ms
Ownership

1. 500
Looks good, @tbo4570 and welcome to the forum. Captain Obvious here..watch the upper rack weight with the narrow width machine on inclines and turns, could get a little tippy COG. Many have added wheel spacers for an added stance.
Thanks for the heads up.my son thought it may look cool so I rolled with it just for some light weight items . also going to mount light bars on top rack.wheel spacers to come just started my build.all tips appreciated

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
I may have posted this already. I bought a front basket, well made but useless (for me) since it blocked my view. I still remember packing out an elk in the pitch dark and having to bend my neck to look around it- empty.

Moved it on top. Mounted 30” led bar to the front. Bought 3, 24” bungee cords, cut in half. Threaded cut end through holes in front and tied an overhand knot so they did not pull through. Now I have 6 bungee cords that I can’t loose.

I will not put heavy items up high.

Next I think I’m going to bend 2 “J” brackets on the rear of the basket, to carry my 12 gauge slug gun with 16” barrel for Montana bear defense. I have a couple rubber tie down straps to keep it secure.

8219ec391d151a6b7ae455594e5c2235

Reactions: mrjeff42
bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
Instead of zip tied, maybe some worm clamps (for radiator hoses) and wrap the metal with electrical tape first to prevent scratching (if you care)?

Reactions: mrjeff42
1border4manu

1border4manu

Supporting Member
Jul 4, 2019
Zephyrhills, Florida
Ownership

1. 500
Instead of zip tied, maybe some worm clamps (for radiator hoses) and wrap the metal with electrical tape first to prevent scratching (if you care)?

Do they make black ones? I had the zip ties on hand.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!