P1000 Power commander V

RZRBound

RZRBound

Sep 11, 2018
Southern IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We should start a bin library on here. Dyno Jet's site only has one map, and that was peaky as crap...

Poorboy1957

Poorboy1957

Jul 23, 2018
tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here pic of last tune. you can see auto tune removed lot fuel in lower rpms
356E7EE9 910F 416E B014 B88BD1707F11

RZRBound

RZRBound

Sep 11, 2018
Southern IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Interesting... So the stock tune is actually rich in the higher revs? What was your target? 13-13.2? Stock intake and exhaust? How long was this table auto-tuned?

Last edited:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Make sure to calibrate the TPS in the software. If you see your TPS going from 0-1% at idle, It will start making making changes to idle at your 2% settings. I adjusted my 0% and 2% @ 1000 - 1500 rpm the same. Smoothed out the idle a lot.

RZRBound

RZRBound

Sep 11, 2018
Southern IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I noticed and did the exact same snuff... At idle it even occasionally see's 3% so I made sure even 5 tps isnt a huge difference... Do you have an auto-tuned map completed yet? Like to compare mine

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I've got a different cam so my map is a lot different.

RZRBound

RZRBound

Sep 11, 2018
Southern IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did the cam make a big difference? Was just looking to compare the curve actually... not specific numbers

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Did the cam make a big difference? Was just looking to compare the curve actually... not specific numbers
It lost bottom end but picked up mid-upper range. Supposed to get my IGR back this week so the bottom end should be taken care of. Idle is at -22%, 8k i'm +30 at 13.2. 0-55mph I'm 2-3 bike lengths behind at the start and 2-3 ahead at the finish.

RZRBound

RZRBound

Sep 11, 2018
Southern IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It lost bottom end but picked up mid-upper range. Supposed to get my IGR back this week so the bottom end should be taken care of. Idle is at -22%, 8k i'm +30 at 13.2. 0-55mph I'm 2-3 bike lengths behind at the start and 2-3 ahead at the finish.
Wow! So she is opened up now! 30 plus percent more fuel than stock up top.. The -22% at idle is shocking

advertisement
S

Scubacat

Dec 3, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
New guy here. Don't own a Pioneer yet but researching for a possible purchase.

I do have the PC5 on my Aprilia sportbike with the AT. It is important to remember that it's not always about tons of extra power. It's as much about RESPONSIVENESS and SMOOTHNESS of the power you HAVE or WILL GET. In my bike I run ONLY ethanol free 90 Oct. Ethanol gives you LESS power (it has less potential BTUs of energy for a given volume than straight gas BUT is more resistant to detonation). 90 Oct is PLENTY for the Pioneer that has a 10:1 compression ratio and the lack of ethanol makes the gas it has more "power" packed ( as well as less likely to attack various fuel system components that are ethanol sensitive).
The PC5 with AT will be a pleasant addition just for the "fringe" benefits one gets and at least on my bike, makes it nicer to ride as it's smoother power delivery inspires confidence and safety. I would buy again.

Remember, an engine is just an air pump, to see benefits, you have to lessen the restriction points. A free flowing exhaust is worthless if the intake side is the restriction and having a K+N on a wide open intake pipe is worthless if the throttle body and head can't flow what the engine needs. On a non-racing machine, I personally wouldn't bother with anything beyond bolt-ons, your ROI will be so dismal.

Last edited:
dale5740

dale5740

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 4, 2016
mt airy md
Nope no silver. I dragraced for around 17yrs with most of that using nitrous. Proud to say I never roasted one. Went through a few rod bearings but that was a manufacturing problem.
must have been running a busa lol

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Leesville, South Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have a 2018 1000-5 Deluxe STOCK and keeping it that way exhaust wise. I am looking at the PC-V and ATune. Is it worth $1k for what small upgrade it makes. I am not going to tune this thing like I dyno my Corvette.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I have a 2018 1000-5 Deluxe STOCK and keeping it that way exhaust wise. I am looking at the PC-V and ATune. Is it worth $1k for what small upgrade it makes. I am not going to tune this thing like I dyno my Corvette.
Think its about $550 for both. With stock tires you might not notice it as much. With big tires it does help. The main thing we noticed was the off idle and initial pull from a stop was better. 30" tire in 4lock in a bind and it might not even pull the tires. Just bog and sit with out the PCV.

Reactions: JTW and Ragnar406
Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Think its about $550 for both. With stock tires you might not notice it as much. With big tires it does help. The main thing we noticed was the off idle and initial pull from a stop was better. 30" tire in 4lock in a bind and it might not even pull the tires. Just bog and sit with out the PCV.
So bone stock it is not worth it?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
So bone stock it is not worth it?
My friend would jump me a little over a bike length with both on stock tires in the first 30' and would be 1.5 ahead at 50 mph. Pretty noticeable off idle. Really just depends on how you drive it, weight and the terrain.

Reactions: JTW
Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
My friend would jump me a little over a bike length with both on stock tires in the first 30' and would be 1.5 ahead at 50 mph. Pretty noticeable off idle. Really just depends on how you drive it, weight and the terrain.
On trail terrain does it provide the low in torque that I am missing... or I think I am missing I use sport mode and use low gear and it just feels like I need to give it more throttle than I should have to, to go up certain terrain rocks( not wet or slippage issue) just up hill. Maybe I should use manual shift and low gear with 4wd and it would have more Torque?

J

JTW

Yes... then just drink and Red Bull and you can fly over s***! Pretty sure that’s what @Cuoutdoors did.

Reactions: Ragnar406
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
On trail terrain does it provide the low in torque that I am missing... or I think I am missing I use sport mode and use low gear and it just feels like I need to give it more throttle than I should have to, to go up certain terrain rocks( not wet or slippage issue) just up hill. Maybe I should use manual shift and low gear with 4wd and it would have more Torque?
4 Lock will use up more power than 4wd. I generally only use manual mode on the trail. It is 2,000#+ loaded. The PCV will give you more response if it bogs and pull better in the lower rpm ranges.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!