ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So is the 20 ton that much sturdier than the 12 ton? I just figured they’re the same frame with different bottle jacks. I’ve looked at arbor presses too, but I’m not sure how much pressure I need. And yes, @ToddACimer I’ve already been looking at the pneumatic bottle jacks.
The frame on the 20 is a lot beefier and it's wider as well. Overall it's a lot better frame. I used to have a 12 ton orange press. The 20 ton gray one has a lot larger rod under the jack too

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So is the 20 ton that much sturdier than the 12 ton? I just figured they’re the same frame with different bottle jacks. I’ve looked at arbor presses too, but I’m not sure how much pressure I need. And yes, @ToddACimer I’ve already been looking at the pneumatic bottle jacks.

Pneumatic is nice but if You want a good feel on what is going on to finesse something manuel is better,,,,

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine was a 10 ton. Never needed more than that.

Reactions: Biteme and JTW
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Harbor Freight 20 ton. I never used it with the stock jack. I bought a HF 20 ton air over hydraulic jack. I have it set up for both hand and foot operation. I added 80k press plates to replace the cast plates that come with it. I also added a Swag off-road finger brake kit. I added a Swag release knob as well

XMHF Pneumatic Foot Pedal Valve 2 Way 2 Position Air Pedal Valve Foot Control Switch 1Pcs Amazon.com: XMHF Pneumatic Foot Pedal Valve 2 Way 2 Position Air Pedal Valve Foot Control Switch 1Pcs: Home Improvement

Overall I'm happy with the set up. It's easy to use, easy to control both up and down and it'd a lot more robust than the 12 ton press that it replaced. I added washers to all the hardware and lock tire to all the nuts. I've had it since November but used it quite a bit since I like to use it. This photo is before the foot pedal which really is nice to use. If you need to slow down the pace you can manually jack the HF air Jack just like the original 20 ton jack.

View attachment 199743

very nice!

RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Go with the 20Ton at HF

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
J

JTW

Seems to go around on here 😉 "just by a F****** buy a Badazz press and be done!!
No.. this is the route I’m leaning

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah.. I’ve done it before. I’m just not a fan. I’m half way to a press with the balljoints and bearings I’ve f***ed up doing that.
Im sure you know i was joking....i use a 25 ton hyd. Press for ball jints and wheel bearings

Reactions: Biteme and Mudwing
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!