P500 Project RAMBO - upgrades and adventures...

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I’m shocked how different - how much BETTER the Pioneer 500 looks, in person, with these new wheels/tires. I’m VERY happy thus far. Had time to install them this morning. Going out for the first ride with the new wheels/tires tomorrow morning.

C963DBCF 3E19 4325 94E3 E381ED28F338

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I’m shocked how different - how much BETTER the Pioneer 500 looks, in person, with these new wheels/tires. I’m VERY happy thus far. Had time to install them this morning. Going out for the first ride with the new wheels/tires tomorrow morning.

View attachment 126572
Let’s see a profile pic Southwest....:cool:

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
How's that? You like my new profile pic?
That’s not a profile pic bro. Step around and give us a side profile pic. Or better yet hand your smart phone to that boy of yours, he’ll know how to get er done.....:D:D

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
So this morning I took Rambo out on the first cruise with the new tires - when I took the photos - and I will say that I was seriously impressed. I ran them at 10psi, perhaps a tad firm, but they felt great. The machine feels like it sits taller. It clearly has more traction on the same hills I usually play on, both in 2wd and in 4wd. The biggest difference I noticed was the ground clearance, I went through the same rocky spots I always do, where I normally drag, and today I did not drag bottom once! I even took a new 4x4 route up the steepest/rockiest hill and it climbed with total confidence. It did not feel adversely affected as far as power goes. The steering felt spot on - negligible difference in steering effort. And, when I drove past a police radar sign it said I was going 25mph and my speedo matched, so that made me happy. I cruised it down the highway for a couple of miles and these tires felt fine on the asphalt. So...I'm in love, what more can I say. You guys were all right - no complaints, and wish I had done it sooner.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
So this morning I took Rambo out on the first cruise with the new tires - when I took the photos - and I will say that I was seriously impressed. I ran them at 10psi, perhaps a tad firm, but they felt great. The machine feels like it sits taller. It clearly has more traction on the same hills I usually play on, both in 2wd and in 4wd. The biggest difference I noticed was the ground clearance, I went through the same rocky spots I always do, where I normally drag, and today I did not drag bottom once! I even took a new 4x4 route up the steepest/rockiest hill and it climbed with total confidence. It did not feel adversely affected as far as power goes. The steering felt spot on - negligible difference in steering effort. And, when I drove past a police radar sign it said I was going 25mph and my speedo matched, so that made me happy. I cruised it down the highway for a couple of miles and these tires felt fine on the asphalt. So...I'm in love, what more can I say. You guys were all right - no complaints, and wish I had done it sooner.
How do they ride? Did you run 10psi in the old ones?

Reactions: SouthwestORV
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
How do they ride? Did you run 10psi in the old ones?
Great question. I love how they ride. But...I'll be doing lots of experimentation with these tires. When I had them mounted, the tire shop left about 30psi in them - it was off my gauge! So I backed them down to 13psi for several days until I mounted them up. Then I backed them down to 10psi before my ride yesterday. I think they felt stiffer than the originals for three reasons: 1) they're a 6-ply compared to the soft factory 4-plys, 2) I ran my factory tires between 6-9psi depending on the terrain, and 3) my old/original tires were "broken-in" and these are still brand new. I enjoyed my ride yesterday, and I loved how the tires felt and handled. I love a soft/compliant ride, so I predict that with time I'll end up running these at lower psi, but for right now I am happy with how they feel and I'm going to leave them at 10psi for another ride or two. I should put a lot of miles on them this weekend. Then I'll lower the psi and try them out at say...8psi. Give me a few weeks and I'll have more answers and photos and videos for you of these tires in action.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Say, I was looking Rambo over and noticed that you need to send @Chooglin a check.....:cool:

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You're talking about the box right? Yes I do...but first I need to send Trigger a check for a Trigger Shield. That is the next Rambo upgrade I'm saving for.
Hmmm, you have me in a pickle with that. Believe I’ll just back out the door slowly....:D

Last edited:
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I'm sure the rest of you are like me - it's fun to simply putt-putt around in the open spaces and find cool stuff, and the P500 is such a willing partner for this variety of riding. This past Saturday I found this long, 50" natural wash out in the middle of nowhere, and couldn't resist the temptation to take the road less traveled.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!