P500 Question for hunters/shooters

Jkentj

Jkentj

Feb 18, 2017
Indiana
Ownership

1. 500
Does anyone have a proven method for carrying a rifle on a P5. I've looked at some of the stuff that's available on-line, but have not been too impressed. Some don't have very good reviews from folks who have tried them.

C

Cliorider

Sep 14, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I used a soft pack case that securely strapped to the back of ROPs. It is padded and has zipper closer. Will carry two rifles/shotguns in separate pockets. Works great. No dust or water gets in.

J

JTW

I used a soft pack case that securely strapped to the back of ROPs. It is padded and has zipper closer. Will carry two rifles/shotguns in separate pockets. Works great. No dust or water gets in.
I think that's the route I'm going in the 1000 but I'm attaching it to the roof.

Reactions: Jshell3
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
The Rhino mounts work great as long as it's not raining/snowing or dusty. My prairie dogs shoots are always pretty dusty....not good for a rifle. It's crazy just how dirty everything gets between the pastures and gravel roads.

Reactions: JTW
advertisement
Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I use a gun sock when I'm going to be riding gravel or dusty roads with the rhino grips. Not had any issues yet, but am considering adding a truck box and rack like the link above. Would nice to have lockable and weatherproof storage as well.

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Does anyone have a proven method for carrying a rifle on a P5. I've looked at some of the stuff that's available on-line, but have not been too impressed. Some don't have very good reviews from folks who have tried them.

I put in two sets of those Rhino UTV grips under the roof of the Dirt Pig. Stays dry and clean under there. The guns ride nice and haven't shaken out. I angled the yokes up abit so gravity tends to keep the rifles in the yokes. The grips are very 'grippy', so they're not the best for fast deployment during road hunting. But for transport, they're awesome.
20170301 152955 resized Lots of width to accommodate any length rifle.

20170301 153007 resized Super grippy. Note it's angled up abit. I have lots of headroom even with a helmet and I'm 6'1".

20170301 153054 resized A view looking straight up.

FYI Al

Last edited:
Reactions: monaco and eastenn
H

Heloron

Mar 5, 2017
Oroville, California
Ownership

1. 500
IMG 1710
IMG 1705
It all depends on how and where you hunt. In Idaho my rifle sits upright in a gun fork I mounted to the dash. In Colorado, the rifle has to be completely enclosed in a gun case, which I use a Kolpin gun case mounted on my rack right behind me for easy access.. whatever works best for you is the best option.

ShanethePain

ShanethePain

Sep 20, 2018
hanover, indiana
Ownership

1. 500
use the the bigger Koplin grip pro. use of a gun sock during dirty/dusty travel. Besides the rubber strap you can butt plate to the bottom of the bed similar to brand secure it brand gun safe kit

Resized 20191114 140038 Resized 20191114 140159

Reactions: 500oneer and monaco

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!