R.I.P Rocmar. May you forever ride free!

Twangin

Twangin

Jan 19, 2018
NC
Ownership

1. 500
Only been on the forum a few months so didn’t know him very well, but he definitely contributed to a couple of my posts. Seemed like a cool guy and I mostly remembered him by both his writing style and the fact that he would ALWAYS insist people post pics whenever they posted about something they did on their P5 but didn’t include pics.. so if you’re reading, we’re gonna need some pics of the view up there!

Thoughts and prayers for his family.
Rest In Peace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Everyone here is awesome. In less than 24hours we all were able to contribute to his memorial fund and break the goal set by @Hondasxs Proud to call you all friends.

Just a reminder...HondaSxS's $1000 Family assistance fund goal was just a START... As members continue to find out about Rocky's passing... and add remembrances here... I urge you all to keep adding to the kitty for Mary. She's gonna have a lot of bills... and they didn't have a lot of $... (Rocky had diabetes... so didn't work too much... in case ya didn't know...)

I too, am proud to call y'all friends...Just my $0.02...

RIP RocMar!!!

WB

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Just a reminder...HondaSxS's $1000 Family assistance fund goal was just a START... As members continue to find out about Rocky's passing... and add remembrances here... I urge you all to keep adding to the kitty for Mary. She's gonna have a lot of bills... and they didn't have a lot of $... (Rocky had diabetes... so didn't work too much... in case ya didn't know...)

I too, am proud to call y'all friends...Just my $0.02...

RIP RocMar!!!

WB
Well said Willy.... Donate what you can....if you can.... even a few $$ can help!

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
More info:
Rocky Purser Obituary, Farmington, NM :: Myers Mortuary

Rocky Dean Purser, 58, passed away on April 23, 2018 in Farmington, NM where he resided. He was born on June 18, 1959 in Loma Linda, CA, to Larry and Gillian Purser.
Rocky was a true friend, there when you needed him. Would do anything for you. Always told it like it was, you knew what he was thinking and how he felt.
Rocky loved to ride his side x side, and share his experiences with others on the Honda side x side forum. He enjoyed music and recorded his videos with his tunes up. Camping with him was always fun, eating good food, sharing time by the campfire. He enjoyed gardening and shared what he grew in his garden. He loved to entertain and have luau’s with his friends and family, but it was best when mom showed up and turned up the music. He loved visiting family and playing with the grandkids and sneaking them candy.
He had a great sense of humor and loved to prank his friends and family. Every time he went to his friend Doug’s house he would move things around, he would find things moved days later. He love to tinker in his spare time, fixing things, remodeling the house, landscaping the yard. He had a great style and could envision things and create his vision, it was amazing!

Rocky is survived by his wife, Mary, two sons; Tramayne and Rhett, one daughter; Shantel, Stepsons; Brendan and Kyle, and daughter in law; Staci, brothers; LaRue, Troy and Shayne, and Sisters; Kim, and Tracy, six grandchildren; Chloe, Harley, Dierks, Haylie, Russel, Talia.

Rocky was preceded in death by, his parents; Larry and Gillian, and one sister; Zoey

There will be a Memorial Gathering on Saturday, April 28, 2018, at 1:30 P.M., at Myers Mortuary, 5865 South 1900 West, Roy, Utah.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 3748

Shocked and saddened to hear of Roc's passing. As many have mentioned, Roc was a unique individual who touched many, if not all, of us in his unique way. I got along with Roc just fine and I could always count on him for some likes. He's probably half of them. :) He was a good guy and kind enough to share a petrified rock and a Presidents in a rock band tshirt with me. I'm extra glad I have that petrified 'roc' now as a reminder of the guy who left his mark on us all.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Shocked and saddened to hear of Roc's passing. As many have mentioned, Roc was a unique individual who touched many, if not all, of us in his unique way. I got along with Roc just fine and I could always count on him for some likes. He's probably half of them. :) He was a good guy and kind enough to share a petrified rock and a Presidents in a rock band tshirt with me. I'm extra glad I have that petrified 'roc' now as a reminder of the guy who left his mark on us all.
That’s cool Piston!!! Very cool

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wow! Roc taged me a few months ago and sent me a petrified tree rock and a American Freedom shirt, I set the rock in the center of our fire place mantel, because it's so cool, had to get it down and hold it for a while after reading this thread. I would've loved to met him! May your soul be at peace and we'll miss you.....................

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Wow! Roc taged me a few months ago and sent me a petrified tree rock and a American Freedom shirt, I set the rock in the center of our fire place mantel, because it's so cool, had to get it down and hold it for a while after reading this thread. I would've loved to met him! May your soul be at peace and we'll miss you.....................
The rock he sent me has been in the fish tank ever since. It kinda means something different now.
AAC8EB1A F890 46B8 8B04 88583008F35A

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
ok guys, I gotta say it’s been rough today. Every post just puts him right in front of me. And the viewings tomorrow. Every one of you has a piece of what he meant to all us in you and you’ve said it well. The question comes to mind... we all care... 75 of us posted and I’m sure more did not...but still might or just shy....but if it was my wife lookin at hard times and my friends could only a third of em help with even a fiver or so, I reckon I wouldn’t feel too proud.
I feel like hell for saying this, and I hope you guys will forgive me or not take offense, but I want to hold my head proud when I see Mary tomorrow at the viewing.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Working something with Walter from @jrplaza2008 (CreativeUtvGraphics) and @Hondasxs on a remembrance sticker package for a for future donations. Look for this tomorrow. Please everyone let’s help and Help a little more for the family.

Edit:
Here it is
Rocmar Honorary decals

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Working something with Walter from @jrplaza2008 (CreativeUtvGraphics) and @Hondasxs on a remembrance sticker package for a for future donations. Look for this tomorrow. Please everyone let’s help and Help a little more for the family.
I agree, when you help someone out thats in need, you receive a quiet inter peace and satisfaction.

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Hey All,

When I saw Rocky's wife Mary at the Memorial Service today, I took the liberty of telling her that we here at the forum were "Passing the Hat" for her and would be sending her a check to help with things when we were done passing the hat, she was floored!!! She had no idea we would do something like this and it was such a blessing to see the light/relief in her eyes, that I knew we were doing the right thing. Due to the situation, she had not brought herself to go on the forum since RocMar passed so she had no clue. I didn't say anything about how much 'cause you guys are still rolling on the donations. I did leak a sneak preview of the stickers CP posted about to her and brother Shayne and both are hot to have some. Very Cool Momentos and I'm sure that they will be much appreciated.

RIP RocMar

WB

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey All,

When I saw Rocky's wife Mary at the Memorial Service today, I took the liberty of telling her that we here at the forum were "Passing the Hat" for her and would be sending her a check to help with things when we were done passing the hat, she was floored!!! She had no idea we would do something like this and it was such a blessing to see the light/relief in her eyes, that I knew we were doing the right thing. Due to the situation, she had not brought herself to go on the forum since RocMar passed so she had no clue. I didn't say anything about how much 'cause you guys are still rolling on the donations. I did leak a sneak preview of the stickers CP posted about to her and brother Shayne and both are hot to have some. Very Cool Momentos and I'm sure that they will be much appreciated.

RIP RocMar

WB
Count me in! I've got to find someone to build me a stand for the Roc Rock for the mantel! Where it will ever be....

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!