Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
Engine heat getting in my cab was one of the main reasons I got rid of my Pioneer. I don’t notice any engine heat getting in the cab of my RMAX. If you have a good fix coming out I imagine you’ll sell a ton of them.
Engine heat isn’t an issue in the Talon X4 either Fro….👍

Reactions: ChadD
Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
If you understand how dual rate and cross over rings work, you will not ever want to ride on a single spring again. My race quads (Roll Design Lobo 250R (sold it), and 09 LTR450 with Gen 1 Honda 450R engine) have triple rates (3 springs, 1 main and 2 tender) with 2 cross over rings on the front and dual with 1 cross over ring on the rear. Talk about dialing in shocks. The Lobo felt like riding on a cloud and the LTR very close. Both use Custom Axis piggy back shocks with high/low comp adj and rebound. You have to understand what you are doing or you can screw your ride all up. For instance I have my shocks set up with stiffer springs and less compression valving. As this to me makes the shock less harsh from mid stroke to bottom. Then crank up the rebound to keep from having the pogo effect.

As far as the R Max goes I think they look sweet. Really checked one out because a buddy wanted a sport utility, he looked at General, Commander, and Rmax. Have not gotten to drive his Rmax yet due to hunting season and now holidays. He bought the loaded version.

sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
I am currently back and forth between a P1K5 Deluxe, and an RMAX RSpec.

Where I live the heat likely would rarely be an issue, and nothing fan fix wouldn't solve. I would rarely need more than the 3 seats (mostly me and 2 young kids), but I like the option to have 5, and I like the dump bed even if I only need it sometimes.

For me the RMAX offers a better trail machine, nicer rear seats, better shocks and a roof. I could likely live without the dump bed. The fancy interior isn't a big deal. I am fine with the Pioneers soviet-era interior design.

But at the end of the day the $5k price difference is just too much. With the $22k for the Pioneer I can convince my smarter half that $20k will be worth it. But rounding out the RMax, it is basically $30k. I'll live with the Pioneers stock shocks for a while, and if I end up doing more trail riding I'll add Elkas.

If I had the ability to do more trail rides, and didn't share my finances with anyone, I'd definitely get the RMax. But between work, kids, kids sports, work around the house/property, it doesn't make sense for me to spend 20% more.

edit: prices are all in Canadian Pesos.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I am currently back and forth between a P1K5 Deluxe, and an RMAX RSpec.

Where I live the heat likely would rarely be an issue, and nothing fan fix wouldn't solve. I would rarely need more than the 3 seats (mostly me and 2 young kids), but I like the option to have 5, and I like the dump bed even if I only need it sometimes.

For me the RMAX offers a better trail machine, nicer rear seats, better shocks and a roof. The fancy interior isn't a big deal. I am fine with the Pioneers soviet-era interior design.

But at the end of the day the $5k price difference is just too much. With the $22k for the Pioneer I can convince my smarter half that $20k will be worth it. But rounding out the RMax, it is basically $30k. I'll live with the Pioneers stock shocks for a while, and if I end up doing more trail riding I'll add Elkas.

If I had the ability to do more trail rides, and didn't share my finances with anyone, I'd definitely get the RMax. But between work, kids, kids sports, work around the house/property, it doesn't make sense for me to spend 20% more.

edit: prices are all in Canadian Pesos.
That is a tough choice to make, maybe test drive them both. My Wolverine 850 XTR was a bargain as far as I am concerned. It rings all the bells. Power steering, good suspension and a very comfortable interior.

sheamus

sheamus

Supporting Member
Oct 8, 2021
Bridgewater, NS
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-5
Yeah, the X4 is an interesting option... likely has all the power I need... and price point it basically the same as the P1k5. Plus comes with the roof, skid, winch, etc. It will be a while before the p1k's are available, so I have time to see if I can test drive both somehow.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
For the sake of completion:
X4 - 1786
P1K5 - 1709.
Didn't realize the P1k was that heavy.
That extra weight that the krx carry’s is pure muscle 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I've never seen one up close in person, but when they dropped, several people commented that both the KRX and RMAX we're very beefy machines.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Sport model. I really like it so far the rough trails are gonna be a lot better now

20220430 145119 20220430 145031 20220430 145218

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I looked really hard at one of them before I bought my pioneer. They are a slick machine.

I also looked really hard at a YXZ before I bought my talon. Yamaha makes some good stuff.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!