highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I spent some time discussing with R2C the need for a non-oiled intake pre filter for guys that want to snorkel up to cleaner air.

They specified this filter for the application:
R2C part number: CO105109
Size specs are: 3" ID connection, 5" dia. base, 6.5" tall
An R2C filter guard FGA134 (like outerwears) is also available to keep large particles from clogging the exposed filter and is water repellent!

This filter is not oiled like the UNI and other brands, so by natural vibrations some of the accumulated dirt will shake itself loose from the media. Cleaning with compressed air is quick and simple. A more thorough cleaning can be accomplished by soaking the filter in a Simple Green and water solution, rinsed and allowed to air dry. All filters ship with cleaning instructions.

Store link here

I'm working for you guys to locate and offer valuable solutions to common OEM design problems.

Photo:

CO105109

Last edited:
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
I spent some time discussing with R2C the need for a non-oiled intake pre filter for guys that want to snorkel up to cleaner air.

An R2C filter guard FGA134 (like outerwears) is also available to keep large particles from clogging the exposed filter and is water repellent!

This filter is not oiled like the UNI and other brands, so by natural vibrations some of the accumulated dirt will shake itself loose from the media. Cleaning with compressed air is quick and simple. A more thorough cleaning can be accomplished by soaking the filter in a Simple Green and water solution, rinsed and allowed to air dry. All filters ship with cleaning instructions.

Store link here

I'm working for you guys to locate and offer valuable solutions to common OEM design problems.

Photo:

View attachment 281463

Now you need to package a kit with everything required!

Filter, outerwear Pre filter, silicone couplers, hose clamps, pipes, drill template, hole saw and arbor.

$$$

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Now you need to package a kit with everything required!

Filter, outerwear Pre filter, silicone couplers, hose clamps, pipes, drill template, hole saw and arbor.

$$$
That will take some time to figure out and source all the parts and pieces. baby steps first. Remember I'm just one person with a day job also.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
That will take some time to figure out and source all the parts and pieces. baby steps first. Remember I'm just one person with a day job also.
It's actually fairly simple to put a kit like that together. (1) 90° 3" diameter pipe, (1) 3" diameter silicone coupler and clamps, (1) 8" long 3" diameter straight pipe and that RC2 filter and cover in a kit would get you 90% of the way there.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
It's actually fairly simple to put a kit like that together. (1) 90° 3" diameter pipe, (1) 3" diameter silicone coupler and clamps, (1) 8" long 3" diameter straight pipe and that RC2 filter and cover in a kit would get you 90% of the way there.
I need to go back and look at your snorkel job. I remember it looked clean and simple.

Reactions: Smitty335
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I just ordered a filter and cover for my car. It will be on there at the next race on the 16th. I hate washing my K&N and having to play the oiling game, this should solve that problem. :cool:

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I just ordered a filter and cover for my car. It will be on there at the next race on the 16th. I hate washing my K&N and having to play the oiling game, this should solve that problem. :cool:
Thanks Chris! I'll have it shipped ASAP. This should work great for your racing. I usually just tap the dirt off my R2C filters into my hand and stick it back in the box!

I'll be studying your snorkel this weekend.

After the Takeover ride in Tennessee the family went to Pigeon Forge. Our hotel was only 1/2 mile from your buddy Chrispin's rental store. I tried to get over there to meet him but as usual we didn't have enough time to do everything we wanted to do. Now I'll just have to go back!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
If you need exact tube dimensions or for me to make a template based off the hole I drilled I can do that for you no problem.

Edit: The fact that the filter isn't oiled and that it will sort of self clean while racing is what sold me on it. My K&N definitely doesn't do that... 🤣

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
If you need exact tube dimensions or for me to make a template based off the hole I drilled I can do that for you no problem.

Edit: The fact that the filter isn't oiled and that it will sort of self clean while racing is what sold me on it. My K&N definitely doesn't do that... 🤣
Btw, you keep calling it your “car”…..🤔
Is it not a Talon off road SXS?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

Store link here

Photo:

View attachment 281463
Nice!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No, once it has numbers and gets raced it's a race "car". 😁 🤣
Honda races them all the time, but they don’t call them cars…..lol….

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I missed a few comment notices yesterday!

I've been thinking about your setup chris. If parts have to be made for this then the ideal design would be a one piece plastic or aluminum tube to minimize parts and reduce weight.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!