P1000 Radio Communication

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not only do I use my radio without a license, I also fly my fly my drone without a license. I'm doomed!

Oh yeah, you are in soooooo much trouble ........ lol. I bet the mattress tag police are probably looking for you ..... haha.

Yep those laws and rules they just get in the way of the rest of the world. All about you.

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Lmao... I bet you were a joy for your supervisor!
I was the top supervisor. And in agency three times the size of the entire LA state police, or whatever they call themselves. And when you have to result in name calling (AH) you have lost the argument. I am sure this guy was a supervisor's worst nightmare. I have to wonder with the handle of "bigol" if that isn't short for one of those fat police officers I see photos of from down south. LOL

J

JTW

I was the top supervisor. And in agency three times the size of the entire LA state police, or whatever they call themselves. And when you have to result in name calling (AH) you have lost the argument. I am sure this guy was a supervisor's worst nightmare. I have to wonder with the handle of "bigol" if that isn't short for one of those fat police officers I see photos of from down south. LOL
Lmao... that was pretty good! What agency?

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love it when folks show their ignorance. There is a saying ...... better to be thought stupid, than to open you mouth and remove all doubt! Started in '71 wearing a 32 waist, after about 10yrs I was wearing 34 waist, and promised myself I would not go to larger uniform. Retired in '04 still wearing those 34, been retired 15 yrs and STILL wearing 34 waist today ...... so .......... now you have no need to 'wonder'. 70 yrs old, 6' tall, 180#, and the handle is NOT bigol, it is BigOL3 ..... as in nickname, BigO and unit # L3, as in senior shift Lt at Troop L. I can honestly say, I have receive nothing but praises from the men I worked with, up to and including being the very best supervisor most of them ever worked with/for/around, each time I run into any of them, I am told that. Additionally I was the FIRST retiree EVER at Troop L that received a new weapon (Glock .45) paid for by donations from the men at the troop. I did not have a suck-ass HQ job like some folks. It was the REAL police, you know those that work 12hr shifts, weekend, holidays, dog shifts ...... the REAL DEAL where your nearest back up literally may be an hour away, and 15 min response would be about average. So forgive me if I am not impressed in the least with your 'radio expertise' ...... LOL. Feel free to take the AH out of the comment and replace with whatever makes you happy, my statements still stand as 100% correct.

Last edited:
J

JTW

I love it when folks show their ignorance. There is a saying ...... better to be thought stupid, than to open you mouth and remove all doubt! Started in '71 wearing a 32 waist, after about 10yrs I was wearing 34 waist, and promised myself I would not go to larger uniform. Retired in '04 still wearing those 34, been retired 15 yrs and STILL wearing 34 waist today ...... so .......... now you have no need to 'wonder'. 70 yrs old, 6' tall, 180#, and the handle is NOT bigol, it is BigOL3 ..... as in nickname, BigO and unit # L3, as in senior shift Lt at Troop L. I can honestly say, I have receive nothing but praises from the men I worked with, up to and including being the very best supervisor most of them ever worked with/for/around, each time I run into any of them, I am told that. Additionally I was the FIRST retiree EVER at Troop L that received a new weapon (Glock .45) paid for by donations from the men at the troop. I did not have a suck-ass HQ job like some folks. It was the REAL police, you know those that work 12hr shifts, weekend, holidays, dog shifts ...... the REAL DEAL where your nearest back up literally may be an hour away, and 15 min response would be about average. So forgive me if I am not impressed in the least with your 'radio expertise' ...... LOL. Feel free to take the AH out of the comment and replace with whatever makes you happy, my statements still stand as 100% correct.
Uh oh.... Gunna need something bigger than a yard stick to top that one lynn1130!

Reactions: sharp and Neohio
Kilo427

Kilo427

Not about the destination Its about the journey
Lifetime Member
Dec 10, 2015

Woooooooo damn, I think BigOL3 gotcha beat!

J

JTW

For those just tuning in...

The Battle Of The Badges highlights....

F3FEA02D 6602 4CCF A582 A450549C4D41
C07EAE49 D6D6 47B3 ABAB A0C9EA6EE7C3

52B34970 2394 4A96 8FF4 2D46770BFFEF

E95AB088 8EEC 4396 9E29 92AD26E4B018

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For those just tuning in...

The Battle Of The Badges highlights....

View attachment 111466 View attachment 111465
View attachment 111467
View attachment 111468
Fight! Fight! That was entertaining. Most of us use the radios for emergencies like " stay to the right" , "hold up I have a flat", " stop, @JTW needs help flipping his rig back over", " @Tramguage1 when to you want to stop and eat?" " @joeymt33 do you have a extra beer?" Etc. I dont ever recall a conversation over the radios. Just quick statments. Lol

J

JTW

Fight! Fight! That was entertaining. Most of us use the radios for emergencies like " stay to the right" , "hold up I have a flat", " stop, @JTW needs help flipping his rig back over", " @Tramguage1 when to you want to stop and eat?" " @joeymt33 do you have a extra beer?" Etc. I dont ever recall a conversation over the radios. Just quick statments. Lol
And playing kick ass music that comes on for EVERYONE to enjoy!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I recall a single sided conversation once that had everyone else turning their radios off...I was considering calling the FCC on that one myself.

Other wise you are exactly right, generally short trail condition updates or food orders. If there was a frequency being taken over for long periods of time I can see an issue but staying on the public use frequencies, and keeping broadcasts short I don’t think anyone other than an overzealous bored stick in the mud would even attempt to do anything about it or care.

It’d probably be the same type of people that tax your tax refund.

J

JTW

I recall a single sided conversation once that had everyone else turning their radios off...I was considering calling the FCC on that one myself.

Other wise you are exactly right, generally short trail condition updates or food orders. If there was a frequency being taken over for long periods of time I can see an issue but staying on the public use frequencies, and keeping broadcasts short I don’t think anyone other than an overzealous bored stick in the mud would even attempt to do anything about it or care.

It’d probably be the same type of people that tax your tax refund.
Tax refund?? What the f*** is that??!

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!