P1000 Radio Communication

D

Dasmoeturhead

For those of you who are using the uv5r's , and the external speaker/Mic do yourself a favor and go on line and look for Baofeng Mic mod. 1st off they sound fine on receive, but sound like garbage over the air. Its an easy fix, and your pals will appreciate the better sound quality. Its super easy, and everything is already inside the Mic . its just moving some foam around the speaker cup differently. Also look up Tiger tail. Its just a 19 inch piece of insulated wire ( 12-14 ga stranded) that you slip under the rubber ducky and it makes the Dipole antenna complete. Seems to work.

Last edited:
advertisement
Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
That's fine. I live with it but I understand that there is an element that cannot live within rules and laws and pretty much believe it is all about them. I was just raised differently. Military and civilian police work will shape you that way. Rules were made for everyone else.

J

JTW

That's fine. I live with it but I understand that there is an element that cannot live within rules and laws and pretty much believe it is all about them. I was just raised differently. Military and civilian police work will shape you that way. Rules were made for everyone else.

21E51E18 B176 4299 81B1 4DA8B4E44653

F98C42B0 9AC3 4A43 8772 685CCD364E15

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Keep trying. You may justify your idea of ignoring all laws altogether.

J

JTW

Keep trying. You may justify your idea of ignoring all laws altogether.
Did you bump your head? Pretty sure I never said that. I have said and have eluded to the fact that I’m not a fan of the absurd amount of retarded laws and regs that plague our society. Such as, the focus of this whole argument... FCC rules.
Dude.. my dad was a LEO for 35 years. Just because something is the “law” doesn’t make it right or just. You can get off your high horse with that hippocratic bulls***. I’m sure you’ve never sped, rolled thru a stop sign, or made a “mistake” on your taxes either.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Who actually cares??? I'll take my chances! They have no way of knowing who is actually using what.
LOL ...... that is about the way I see it also. Dang, it aint like I am in a office using it 40 hr/week. Before anyone could track me down (like they don't have better things to do), I would be 3 states away.

Get a life. I got bigger things to worry about than the seldom used ILLEGAL radio ...... lol

Last edited:
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Until you get into the amateur bands. You'll first get a polite warning. After that, the dogs of hell will hunt you down... lol. And those dogs have the equipment to do it.
I do not believe they can track you down when the radio is turned off ...... pretty sure is does not have GPS capacity.

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yep those laws and rules they just get in the way of the rest of the world. All about you.

advertisement
Bartman

Bartman

Jun 24, 2016
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've said it before and I'll say it again since this old post has resurfaced. If you guys have a regular group you ride with just get your Ham license. You only need the entry level license to use the VHF and UHF bands, and there are so many underutilized repeater systems around the country. There's even linked systems available that will get you around the globe. Not to mention the high quality radio gear available to the ham community. And in the rare chance you bump into the FCC, you'll be legal.

Lynn1130

Lynn1130

Jun 22, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
For a fellow LEO (35 years here) that is a pretty dumb statement and makes me wonder about what all laws you broke while a LEO??
The word here is "knowingly" and you paycheck is not worth the bet.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For a fellow LEO (35 years here) that is a pretty dumb statement and makes me wonder about what all laws you broke while a LEO??
The word here is "knowingly" and you paycheck is not worth the bet.
What is 'pretty dumb' is you arrogance and BS. Whether a person is LEO or not, is not relevant. EVERYONE breaks laws ..... that includes YOU, hot-shot ....... me too. The difference between us is I do not have my uppity nose up in the air, thinking I am superior. Get off your 'high horse'. A radio violation is not the big deal you make it out to be ....... a LOT less important than speeding, which can end in DEATH. FCC does NOT come running out to hunt down the infrequent improper user of the radios. Tell that lie to someone that does not already know the truth.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Let me rephrase that: Who knew radio enthusiasts could be so entertaining?

Go find a local ham radio club and attend one of their fox hunts - the can locate a intermittent transmitting signal from 20 miles away in a surprisingly short amount of time. Are they going to track you when you are not transmitting on Ham bands (probably not unless tasked by someone else).

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For those of you who are using the uv5r's , and the external speaker/Mic do yourself a favor and go on line and look for Baofeng Mic mod. 1st off they sound fine on receive, but sound like garbage over the air. Its an easy fix, and your pals will appreciate the better sound quality. Its super easy, and everything is already inside the Mic . its just moving some foam around the speaker cup differently. Also look up Tiger tail. Its just a 19 inch piece of insulated wire ( 12-14 ga stranded) that you slip under the rubber ducky and it makes the Dipole antenna complete. Seems to work.

I also did this and then compared the audio from the Baofeng mic with mod to two other Mics - I think you are much better off trashing the Baofeng mic and purchasing one like This

Upload 2019 2 22 9 1 23

the audio on you end and more importantly your audio on the other end is going to be so much better

Reactions: sharp and JTW
Bartman

Bartman

Jun 24, 2016
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
" FCC does NOT come running out to hunt down the infrequent improper user of the radios."

NOT true ! Just recently a radio repeater in New Hampshire started sending out spurious emissions on one of Logan Airports air control frequencies. the FCC was out, located and shut that machine down in short order. Start causing interference on a public safety, aircraft or military frequency with one of the cheap Chinese radios you bought off Amazon, and you'll see how fast the FCC comes running.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!