Talon Radius Rod bent

NemoDeven

NemoDeven

Jul 24, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Well on the second ride hit small bolder in a creek and bent the radius rod. So started to order the Super ATV replacements and then canceled them after finding the L&W Fab site. They make aluminum billet machined set high clearance lowers and uppers super stout. I dont think these can get bent .
L&W Fab also makes billet tie rods for the stock steering rack. I will post some pictures soon

20190831 114927

nm6r

nm6r

Jun 7, 2019
Sandia Park, NM
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have a set of L&W lower a-arms, radius rods, tie rods and shear stoppers (all powder coated) coming on the ups truck today.

I haven't hit anything yet but looking to be proactive after seeing what it cost someone that bent a radius rod and broke an axle at an event earlier this year. They spent the money for parts and labor to salvage the weekend that otherwise would have been a bust and still wound up without high quality, high clearance parts.

Allthingzutv.com has the set on sale. Honda Talon R ATU "Ultimate Suspension Package"

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have a set of L&W lower a-arms, radius rods, tie rods and shear stoppers (all powder coated) coming on the ups truck today.

I haven't hit anything yet but looking to be proactive after seeing what it cost someone that bent a radius rod and broke an axle at an event earlier this year. They spent the money for parts and labor to salvage the weekend that otherwise would have been a bust and still wound up without high quality, high clearance parts.

Allthingzutv.com has the set on sale. Honda Talon R ATU "Ultimate Suspension Package"

That's exactly why I upgraded my suspension components from the get-go. Throughout the course of riding SxS's I've had a few rides spoiled or nearly spoiled by broken/bent parts and it ends up costing me more in the long run by the time I drive to/from a place, buy the riding passes, food, etc...

I'm extremely pleased with my L&W stuff and have the lower a-arms, upper and lower radius rods, tie rods, and winch mount all from them.

Reactions: nm6r
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Well on the second ride hit small bolder in a creek and bent the radius rod. So started to order the Super ATV replacements and then canceled them after finding the L&W Fab site. They make aluminum billet machined set high clearance lowers and uppers super stout. I dont think these can get bent .
L&W Fab also makes billet tie rods for the stock steering rack. I will post some pictures soon

View attachment 154403

Worth a look.

Honda Talon R "Shear Stoppers"

Reactions: JimmyTalon

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!