Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will check them out. Did you get honda replacements or something else?
I did not get the OEM replacements. I am trying these and will let everyone know how they do.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078J9HGYN/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Their Sintered pads where I believe the OEM are organic. I bought them because of price but have read where Sintered pads are a little better in muddy, wet and dusty conditions ... but honestly I have no idea on the difference.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don't know I still cant seem to get mine clean lol every time it dries there is still dirt everywhere. I would like to find a hot water power washer I could rent once to see if that makes a difference. Need to find a local car wash with hot water to try it.. Granted I really only want to clean it really good once a year.
Check out a Woodford Model 22 frost proof, that's what I have. My water heater is on an out side wall, couple of holes and a little piping and I have cold, warm ( washing pups in the winter ) and hot for pressure washing.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check out a Woodford Model 22 frost proof, that's what I have. My water heater is on an out side wall, couple of holes and a little piping and I have cold, warm ( washing pups in the winter ) and hot for pressure washing.
I don’t know that I will go as far as installing one at the house but I did find a local car wash that has hot water... I may have to stop by there after really muddy trips :D

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
About to do all that and then some, how quick was the brake job?
I did all 4 corners on mine in 45 min, not getting in any hurry, was very easy. Pop off wheel, takec2 smaller bolts off calipers center slips off with pads, replaced them after compressing piston ad right back on. About 10 min per corner.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I did all 4 corners on mine in 45 min, not getting in any hurry, was very easy. Pop off wheel, takec2 smaller bolts off calipers center slips off with pads, replaced them after compressing piston ad right back on. About 10 min per corner.
I better check mine. Big Utah ride coming up.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Probably do it quicker with one of the fancy lifts like @joeymt33 ....

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Replaces the Air filter this weekend - the other was pretty dirty by my observation.
IMG 3156

Also finished installing and wiring up some side lights that I have coming off the seat belt brace in the back. I replaced the current bolt with a longer one that would drop down below enough to position the light bracket below the seatbelt cover. I used an 1" spacer to get the distance I needed as well as sandwiching the light bracket in between two rubber washers - to hopefully cut any noise and make it more likely not to rotate unless I want it to.
IMG 3142
Still need to go out and adjust to get correct position on the cubes
IMG 3084 IMG 3086

Wiring is all done - I dislike wiring but I am finding more tricks and ways to make neater the more I wire -
IMG 3085

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Because I sometimes I am a Hypochondariac and I have seen @ohanacreek and @Windrock1000 post on the super ATV arm wearing the hole on the frame portion - I decided I had to check mine out. The top bushing bolt hole on the frame looked to spec. :DBut when I pulled the bottom A arms and looked at the sleeves and bushings I noticed what I thought was a raised area:eek:. Having nothing to compare to and know that I would need them eventually I ordered a set of the replacement bushings from Super ATV.

Here is how the bushing set comes for the front
IMG 3163
Here are the new and old bushings and sleeves for comparison
IMG 3169

I then measured everything only seeing slight variations - not going to go through all the measurements but will post some of the Pics
IMG 3171 IMG 3174 IMG 3178

the major difference is in the sleeves - the old one has wore down a little (very little) to where it looks like the section not covered by the Bushings is slightly raised like a a couple thousandths of an inch - as if the bushing "sanded down the sleeve"
IMG 3194

I am now keeping them full of grease on an pretty regular basis - since changing out the grease ports to angle ones that I can actually get a grease gun on to.

for now I don't think i will change them out as i am not getting any movement when i shake the A arms back and forth. - just keep them greased up and watch.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How many miles on your machine Ragnar?
I need to go look, the A arms were just installed in Jan. There is nothing but hard, bumpy rock trails around here so they do get a good work out around here..

Reactions: sharp
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Those X5’s are really bright for their size!
Yea, I am really impressed with them.. I hope the same cube will fit on that fender bolt when I have the Super ATV windshield on - I may have to get another set

When I turn on the amazon specials that are there now.. I can hardly tell they are on with the rear ones turned on

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yea, I am really impressed with them.. I hope the same cube will fit on that fender bolt when I have the Super ATV windshield on - I may have to get another set

When I turn on the amazon specials that are there now.. I can hardly tell they are on with the rear ones turned on

Good point! I haven’t tried them with the windshield.

Reactions: sharp and Ragnar406
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

What brand are the pods?

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Gosh we need to get together and you convince me to do some maintenance. I’m such a lazy owner. Hence the Honda... makes me embarrassed. I know my bushings in my arms are shot! Joe was supposed to order me some months ago and said he had to call them because they didn’t sell the bushing separate or something. Where did you get yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What brand are the pods?
Rough Country they are $$ but there is a difference.

Let me know - the only reason I even thought of it is I had a different set of the Amazon specials that would not fit do to how the base sat back into the Windshield. It would be worth it to do some sort of bracket for those lights there

Reactions: sharp
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!