Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is a short video of the Rough Country X5 Cubes on the trail. I toggle the fronts ones on and off in the beginning on a tight trail, then at the end you see me come to a stop in an open area. I switch the rears off (not much to tell there as they shoot off to the side), then I turn the front side cubes that are angled off - leaving on the Deluxe Led Headlights. This is where you get a good glimpse of how the cubes make the Deluxe headlights look bad. All in all I am really happy with them and will now look to replace my led bar that is upfront down the road (it is not seen in this video)

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is after I left isn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, I started taking this video about halfway up this trail - which is the first one we all took after you left. I was 2nd behind Cody and we were hauling - I only slowed down a couple of time to wait on the next in line. I wish I had filmed the rocky first part of this section - it was my first time really going for long with the Fox shocks on Soft which I liked

SupermanHonda58

SupermanHonda58

Lifetime Member
May 3, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I h
I went through 2 amazon cheap subs that I had installed under the drivers seat - seems that they would handle the ride vibration fine but water got both. I said that if I ever replaced again I would replace with a wet sounds sub. I did not want to have the Sub in the floorboard as my son will still ride in the middle seat from time to time and no doubt something would happen. So I went with the 8" Wet sounds under the drivers seat. Yes it fits but it takes up all the room. Prior to ordering I even went an built a cardboard model to test fit.

It is still working after Takeover (and we went through a lot of water and mud) only thing I need to do is change some settings - I made all adjustments when the Honda was in the garage (it was cold outside) and I need to go back and adjust the Gain and bass boost when it is outside - both have lots of adjustment left. below are pics when first test fit
View attachment 73552 View attachment 73553

I have the same sub first tried roof mount now have it in floor. Not as loud as I wanted with Wetsounds bar in addition. Looking at other options how is yours doing

Reactions: sharp and Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I h

I have the same sub first tried roof mount now have it in floor. Not as loud as I wanted with Wetsounds bar in addition. Looking at other options how is yours doing
You tried to roof mount the Wet sounds AS8 sub? Making sure I am reading that right. Mine is still doing good, I have been through quite a few mud hole and streams that have reached the sub's current level. I simply lift the seat and spray off - seems to be holding up well. I still have not gone back and adjusted the 3 dials in the back of the sub since my first attempt. it is plenty loud and really adds to / completes the sound from the WS soundbar.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

How do you have the sub audio Fed?

I ask because if you are splitting from a single output on a radio or phone etc... to then send to the sound bar and the sub. You are going to get less than half of the output that each can provide. I had to find a radio that had multiple pre-outs that would feed a full signal to the inputs to get any real volume. I even had WetSounds Bluetooth Rocker and it wouldn't feed enough power....

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp
SupermanHonda58

SupermanHonda58

Lifetime Member
May 3, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You tried to roof mount the Wet sounds AS8 sub? Making sure I am reading that right. Mine is still doing good, I have been through quite a few mud hole and streams that have reached the sub's current level. I simply lift the seat and spray off - seems to be holding up well. I still have not gone back and adjusted the 3 dials in the back of the sub since my first attempt. it is plenty loud and really adds to / completes the sound from the WS soundbar.
I
How do you have the sub audio Fed?

I ask because if you are splitting from a single output on a radio or phone etc... to then send to the sound bar and the sub. You are going to get less than half of the output that each can provide. I had to find a radio that had multiple pre-outs that would feed a full signal to the inputs to get any real volume. I even had WetSounds Bluetooth Rocker and it wouldn't feed enough power....
The sub feeds through my Stealh sound bar. The stealth syncs with it and runs it.

SupermanHonda58

SupermanHonda58

Lifetime Member
May 3, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I

Ragnar yes I drilled holes through roof and bolted sub to roof right at windshield facing me in middle. I was worried about getting water and mud in it. Then I just put super ATV 6 inch lift on and I didn't like the big feeder wire coming down so changed it back to floor. I wanted it under seat but actually had put marine battery there to power all this. Have another Kicker flat 8 inch sub in roof in back and 2 Kicker 6 inch wake speakers from back roll bar

Reactions: Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got it, I know the sub has a little weight to it so that why I asked. Wet Sounds also says to experiement with placement as the front of the sub needs to be facing a wall(?) to load into. Granted what is loud to both you and me is different but mine definitely puts out some bass. I don’t even have my gain or bass boost turned up all the way. I am assuming that you adjusted the three dials on the back. Did you see much change doing that. Give me a song to play and I’ll see what I can record as an example of mine.

SupermanHonda58

SupermanHonda58

Lifetime Member
May 3, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't adjusted any controls on back so I do need look at that. My kicker roof sub blew so getting ready try regroup. Crutch field has a bass tube deal they suggested. Mine is plenty loud sitting off but going down road or riding is when is when all drowns out. I was worried about roof weight too but it was fine on stock roof no sagging. My buddy has Kicker 12 sub under Polaris Ranger seat and it is loud as heck any time. I'll try those controls thanks I really mounted and forgot may make a difference.

SupermanHonda58

SupermanHonda58

Lifetime Member
May 3, 2018
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got it, I know the sub has a little weight to it so that why I asked. Wet Sounds also says to experiement with placement as the front of the sub needs to be facing a wall(?) to load into. Granted what is loud to both you and me is different but mine definitely puts out some bass. I don’t even have my gain or bass boost turned up all the way. I am assuming that you adjusted the three dials on the back. Did you see much change doing that. Give me a song to play and I’ll see what I can record as an example of mine.

Another question completely off topic. Mine is all white and I like the black models. How hard or better expensive is it do you know if I wanted to mix some black panels like doors to change the look to more custom can you order different color plastics?

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Another question completely off topic. Mine is all white and I like the black models. How hard or better expensive is it do you know if I wanted to mix some black panels like doors to change the look to more custom can you order different color plastics?
So you can order different plastics and i don’t the Part numbers are listed on this site some where. I want to say for everything (this includes fenders) different color plastics were around $200ish (probably a little more). But you can order them and they are cheaper at a place like bike bandit or Rocky Mountain Atv.
I haven't adjusted any controls on back so I do need look at that. My kicker roof sub blew so getting ready try regroup. Crutch field has a bass tube deal they suggested. Mine is plenty loud sitting off but going down road or riding is when is when all drowns out. I was worried about roof weight too but it was fine on stock roof no sagging. My buddy has Kicker 12 sub under Polaris Ranger seat and it is loud as heck any time. I'll try those controls thanks I really mounted and forgot may make a difference.

I think you will see a pretty good difference once you adjust those dials. If I remember correct my gain was set from factory at about 25% and I have it set now at 75%. I know I could have one as high as 100% with no distortion.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well the rear boot got tore sometime in my last two rides. I decided that instead of taking it to Honda like last time I would do it myself. I already had the boot kit (learned last time as it took them 2 weeks to get a kit in). So I started the process
F41A973F 9DF1 436C 9251 A30BB820BFDB 104B08E0 9959 4531 9F87 B3CF844E4612 48CAEB48 5006 4B02 B81E E527468C0B63 6FE96005 815C 4747 910C 2BD8447E8116 AD13835D 8934 4EB7 9132 CB888DAC0D46

Now to put it all back together

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I opened up the rear boot kit from Honda
4936B3DC 49EA 4CF2 9DFF 8FAE721D8BA5 A pouch and a bottle of grease
A new c clip
E01ABCC2 F6B9 4957 BDCD FEE01A6B7AE7
Boots and bands
CD06FE36 3437 4939 BECB 355C8BB1844F

I then opened up the front CV boot kit and what the heck the grease is mustard color
7BEE985B 250E 47C8 98F3 8902209FA3D3

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That looks more like baby s***... I thinking someone is f***ing with you!
Maybe... those fing cv boot bands sure are. I had ordered some of the easier ones but only received the short size so I have take pause from trying to get the factory one installed - that SOB sucks

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would love to see someone put on one of the big factory boot bands. Along with the tool they use.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!