Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I completed the Door mod and went ahead and cut a hole in the rear panel on the drivers side. My original idea was to but red buttons on here and call it out as where the first aid kit was.... however I think it is easier to say "go get the red bag clipped on the passenger seat bar" than to explain how to access the panel and where it is to someone who does not know this is there - in an emergency.

So I am using this pocket to house some frequently used items that I used to store in the rear seat foot well (that usually got covered in some mud) I am housing my Tire plug kit and my Tree saver and D rings.

Here is the hole empty
View attachment 80124

Here it is with the latches installed
View attachment 80125

I will take a few pics of the gear inside but basically I have my tire plugs and tools in a zip lock tucked at the bottom of the pocket and then I have my Tree saver and D rings in a dry bag. I may end up moving my tire plugs to where the air compressor is as I figure if you use the plugs you will need the compressor.
Your rig is looking nice. I have a question, do u have a link for your red push buttons? That’s an excellent idea, more so to take one more question followed by a question away from my wife where things are lol. Seriously it is a great idea for identifying things and just looks BA.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your rig is looking nice. I have a question, do u have a link for your red push buttons? That’s an excellent idea, more so to take one more question followed by a question away from my wife where things are lol. Seriously it is a great idea for identifying things and just looks BA.
Thanks, I ordered the red ones from here - They come on a slow boat - be forewarned. Originally I had planned on that space housing my first aid kit but then thought that it would be too hard to explain to someone if I need to do so in a hurry.. I do like the way the red looks on the grey and I just received 3 more red ones for the other side to change out.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks, I ordered the red ones from here - They come on a slow boat - be forewarned. Originally I had planned on that space housing my first aid kit but then thought that it would be too hard to explain to someone if I need to do so in a hurry.. I do like the way the red looks on the grey and I just received 3 more red ones for the other side to change out.
Thanks for the link. Slow boat will have to be lol. I have time, with all the stuff we do with these machines, I’ll have plenty to keep me busy in the mean time ;)

Reactions: JTW
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Where and what did you use to mount your virb?

Also, i got those red push pins ordered yesterday and got a confermation for arrival on the 9th. They must have put it on a speed boat lol

Reactions: Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where and what did you use to mount your virb?

Also, i got those red push pins ordered yesterday and got a confermation for arrival on the 9th. They must have put it on a speed boat lol
I use a go pro mount that I picked up somewhere. I have a couple extra of the mounts with the adheasive on the back but have not needed them and the original has been on there at least a year and half

0E550503 7B0D 4415 906B 87F210549AB6 24678820 4176 4D13 A115 D376082DCD80

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I use a go pro mount that I picked up somewhere. I have a couple extra of the mounts with the adheasive on the back but have not needed them and the original has been on there at least a year and half

View attachment 101428 View attachment 101429
so right on the hood in front of the windshield. does it get nasty there when going through mud and water? reason i ask is that i have a ram mount and when i hit bumps and certain terrain i get vibrating video, im ocd so it kinda bugs me lol.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
so right on the hood in front of the windshield. does it get nasty there when going through mud and water? reason i ask is that i have a ram mount and when i hit bumps and certain terrain i get vibrating video, im ocd so it kinda bugs me lol.
Sometimes but not often.. I do usually wipe the camera lens cover when I stop. I like having a little bit of the hood on the bottom of the picture as a reference in the video. I just wished that it took better video ... seem I am always riding into the sun or on cloudy days lol. I see some footage from the gopro’s and they must have a better apature as it seems they get more light into their video

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sometimes but not often.. I do usually wipe the camera lens cover when I stop. I like having a little bit of the hood on the bottom of the picture as a reference in the video. I just wished that it took better video ... seem I am always riding into the sun or on cloudy days lol. I see some footage from the gopro’s and they must have a better apature as it seems they get more light into their video
10-4, i agree with the sun. i do that and when your riding you can't tell. but the Garmin app for the virb helps you see what your camera is seeing but kinda hard to do that when your driving a sxs lol

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Last weekend riding the water that splashed up froze my winch cable- even though it looked thawed out later when we needed it to help repair another’s ride it was not fully which resulted in the ripping of that “protective sleeve” that is on the rope. I finished removing last night and now debating running as is or putting on another sleeve
C8EAB0B3 CB4F 45A0 970B B53B329DAF87 B95B5359 0D18 4A0D 9053 B66159A851DC

Pulled out the rope once I got home so that it could dry all the way out and I could respool it - rope appears fine so don’t plan on replacing.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also decided to upgrade the Amazon 22” light bar to a 20” single row with more throw. While I just installed the RC I did hook up to a spare battery and shine it down the road and into the woods - definitely brighter and definitely more of a spot light.
D3A127C6 DECB 4CCF B4E9 4AEAEF3D25BC 1E9E8E79 DC42 4B64 9E4B C2B189A9E6F4

Not sure how long the cover will last

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also decided to upgrade the Amazon 22” light bar to a 20” single row with more throw. While I just installed the RC I did hook up to a spare battery and shine it down the road and into the woods - definitely brighter and definitely more of a spot light.
View attachment 109034 View attachment 109035

That 20" bar is awesome! I am impressed with mine.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That 20" bar is awesome! I am impressed with mine.
It definitely looks to fill the void I had. The X5 cubes do a great job on the sides and even overpower the headlights a little but I needed something that would get a little more distance. Leading the nightride last weekend I could always tell where @Cuoutdoors was in line based off his led bar

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 6" bars under each headlight. They work nice to fill in the left and right areas.

X5 in the back sides are nice for seeing your wheel placement while night driving as well.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 109034 View attachment 109035

RC’s are far better focused than any of the Amazon specials. The X5 cubes fill the sides out for me.

The Factory LEDs are BRIGHT compared to the Factory Halogens but the X5’s and the 20” bar make the Factory LEDs more like a match on a bonfire. I wish I hadn’t wasted money on the Amazon specials and paid a few extra dollars for the RCs

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I had to cut my winch sleeve off too. I'll probably order a new one since I use it a lot for plowing. Looks like you used the same light mounts as me too. I've been pretty happy with the light and it's a lot of light for the size.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
RC’s are far better focused than any of the Amazon specials. The X5 cubes fill the sides out for me.

The Factory LEDs are BRIGHT compared to the Factory Halogens but the X5’s and the 20” bar make the Factory LEDs more like a match on a bonfire. I wish I hadn’t wasted money on the Amazon specials and paid a few extra dollars for the RCs
I've got 4 rc's on my bumper , and the 2 that are in the bumper, just the led headlights, and 2 RC floods was great, I never ran the rc spots I was getting flak from what I had on lol

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!