Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Axon is a good winch. Simple wiring with everything being internal. Only thing is that they dont make a wire less remote for it yet.
So you can’t use their normal wireless set up - when I was trying to read up it looked like the transmitter plugged in where the wired remote normal goes? I am glad that there is some innovation in winches with the winning and feedback it gives

When if the 4500super winch s***s the bed I'm changing over to one
Me too

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So you can’t use their normal wireless set up - when I was trying to read up it looked like the transmitter plugged in where the wired remote normal goes? I am glad that there is some innovation in winches with the winning and feedback it gives

Me too
Warn has a wireless remote with a plug that simply plugs into the same socket your wired remote would go. Its designed for truck winches so you can just plug in when you need it. I believe it works on all their winches.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Warn has a wireless remote with a plug that simply plugs into the same socket your wired remote would go. Its designed for truck winches so you can just plug in when you need it. I believe it works on all their winches.

Not the axons, they have extra wiring that is in the sockets for winch status leds. But I’m sure they will come out with something that costs $200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Me too
As of about a month ago when i called warn about a wireless remote, he told me there wasnt one out yet but should be any day.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not the axons, they have extra wiring that is in the sockets for winch status leds. But I’m sure they will come out with something that costs $200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So the plug is different?

Reactions: Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Which does not completely surprise me as their controllers have a LED light to communicate feedback -

Well I'll be....

Pic of controllers below - you can see the LED light
Upload 2019 2 25 8 39 28

Upload 2019 2 25 8 44 45

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks good, I was worried he was parting it out! Now if he can hook you up with some new front tires!
There is still a little bit of life in the fronts - but they did wear faster than expected when on the rear wheels. I don't want to go through the tire search again just yet...

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!