Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You'd never know they are on. There's over 600 watts on the nose of ours if needed so those are like candles. I'd rather use that power for fun stuff. Keep in mind there is only so much available power we can't even come close to having everything on at once at least for the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Yep, keep in mind what CP said. Charging system is rated around 650 watts @ 5000 RPM. That much power being used by accessories at less then 5000 RPM, your batteries won't be getting a charge. Don't know if anyone runs that hard all the time. I usually cruise around 3000.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Sucks but it's the truth! Don't mess around with waisted light always make sure everything is lite where you need it. Lots of separation on light so you're not running down the road with 300backup on. Sometimes less is better. We've got 3 separate rows of just side lighting on each side for this reason. Lots of light yes but it can't all be on at once so place it well

J

JTW

So you're saying I'd be better off with off with 18watt cubes on the side corners than one central 12 or 18 inch bar?

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
So you're saying I'd be better off with off with 18watt cubes on the side corners than one central 12 or 18 inch bar?
Go with the bars. You can't get a good spread with just cubes, for the fronts at least. I run a 32" and 2 8"ers up front, I think about 300 watts total. Voltage is stable, until I flip more switches or have some heavy winching sessions.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What the hell do you have on that thing CP?

On the nose it's got 360w,168w,2x50w,2x36w,4x18w plus headlights. Sides have three separate rows of 3 fixtures apiece,so 6x15w and 3x9w on each side. Full back lighting is 2x18w 2x15w and lower corners on sides that come on same with 4x15w. Party lights underneath 8x9w. Rock lights on tires 8x15w. Whip lights 2x80w. Interior 10x3w. I think that's it lol. 1388watts LED. But that's just lights using power. (First time I figured that out actually) that's not including headlights. Separate systems come on on different things automatically as well. It's hard to see everything because I keep it small and tucked in so it doesn't break off in the heavy stuff. Nothing sticks out.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTW and joeymt33
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
On the nose it's got 360w,168w,2x50w,2x36w,4x18w plus headlights. Sides have three separate rows of 3 fixtures apiece,so 6x15w and 3x9w on each side. Full back lighting is 2x18w 2x15w and lower corners on sides that come on same with 4x15w. Party lights underneath 8x9w. Rock lights on tires 8x15w. Whip lights 2x80w. Interior 10x3w. I think that's it lol. 1388watts LED. But that's just lights using power. (First time I figured that out actually) that's not including headlights. Separate systems come on on different things automatically as well. It's hard to see everything because I keep it small and tucked in so it doesn't break off in the heavy stuff. Nothing sticks out.

1388! I be like at night.

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK

I'm guessing that you are brainstorming a way to mount an alternator to that motor.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm guessing that you are brainstorming a way to mount an alternator to that motor.

I have looked into it you are correct
But honestly I'm not worried about everything on at once I guess it would be cool is all

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Pulley on the rear drive line, a bracket for the alt and a tensioner. I'm sure that's more work than is worth, if there was even enough room.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I was looking at the front of the crankshaft. It would be protected and even without the gearing of a pulley I think there'd be enough rpm because an alternator doesn't require full rpm to get maximum power and the r's would be up lots from that of a car. Idk we'll see. I miss the alt in my red one it had more but I stupidly forgot to pull it. I'd be happier with around 900. If I do an alternator it'll be a complete separate setup from the Honda system directly to the accessory batt. Depends how bored I get this winter

Reactions: Eltobgi and JTW
J

JTW

Go with the bars. You can't get a good spread with just cubes, for the fronts at least. I run a 32" and 2 8"ers up front, I think about 300 watts total. Voltage is stable, until I flip more switches or have some heavy winching sessions.
I'm was thinking a 50" curved bar mounted at the base of the windshield and 2x18watt work lights on the sides of the machine, basically above the driver and passengers head and then above the rear passengers heads mounted to the rollbars.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Definitely go curved. I love my 52 but yes 50 is the same thing. That light is always on. Everyone has different ideas on many choices but a big bar for the front is mandatory.
We do so much because of where we go and isn't necessary for most but I like to see without compromising. Light is a great thing and the more technical the night ride the more light is required. I truly see better at night then day. The big light bar a must but consider tire lights they are cheap and really help it's nice to see tire placement it's not about looks there that's why mine are white and have separate colored. The corner lights mounted in the front lower fascia on mine are money too I can't believe more people don't do that. Upper corner lights aren't as important if you run curved but nice and even a low power bumper light is nice when not running the big one. I choose a very high power one that shoots a pencil beam because it's awesome for certain things.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
IMG 7313

This one is strictly nose no sides on at all

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
View attachment 27250

This one is strictly nose no sides on at all
I saw a photo and a link on this forum somewhere for a plug and play harness to use the backup alarm for reverse lights and can’t find the bugger now. Do you know about it, where it can be found?? Thanks CP

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!