iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
S7 525016 imageset 01
I've been looking around for a good quality rearview mirror (center in-cab mount) that doesn't cost anything close to what honda wants. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a mirror that is sturdy and reasonably built?

something like this is what i'm looking for: Amazon.com: 15" Wide Rear View Race Mirror Convex Mirror with 1.75" Clamp for ATV UTV Polaris RZR800 1000 XP900 1000 S: Automotive
I have the ATV TEK mirror on mine it mounts nice and solid,I just wish it had a longer arm on it,I have to look up to use it, what ever one you get look at the length of the arm coming down to the mirror, the longer the better I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: monaco
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I didn't want to pay Honda's inflated price either and went with the Moose one. Too short, like IG said, it didn't have a long enough arm. I ended up buying the Honda mirror, then made a bracket to push it down even further. It's actually sharing a clamp with the roof. I feel you should just be able to shift your eyes and not your head, like in a car.Mirror

gullyjumper

gullyjumper

Sep 30, 2016
cookeville tn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I didn't want to pay for the honda mirror either but the last one I had moved all the time , didn't fit good but was cheep, So this time I did get the one from honda and works great so glad I did.

Reactions: trigger and monaco
J

JTW

I didn't want to pay Honda's inflated price either and went with the Moose one. Too short, like IG said, it didn't have a long enough arm. I ended up buying the Honda mirror, then made a bracket to push it down even further. It's actually sharing a clamp with the roof. I feel you should just be able to shift your eyes and not your head, like in a car.View attachment 30674
I agree with you on having to move your head.

Reactions: trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I agree with you on having to move your
head..
get use to moving head...
cause your face will meet you
rearview..when ya have a mishap

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
The rearview ones....
should..be Breakaway

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I was gonna... go with one.
but in my.... unexperinced rides
my heads hit the roof...probably
1/2 a dozen times..& nose marks
on windshield at least...twice
side mirrors my option

Reactions: monaco
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I didn't want to pay Honda's inflated price either and went with the Moose one. Too short, like IG said, it didn't have a long enough arm. I ended up buying the Honda mirror, then made a bracket to push it down even further. It's actually sharing a clamp with the roof. I feel you should just be able to shift your eyes and not your head, like in a car.View attachment 30674
I'd say it's short...for safety
reasons..just my guess

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I'd say it's short...for safety
reasons..just my guess

I understand. ..your advised
to wear helmet..& eye protection
...I dont...unless sunglasses count

D

Deleted member 3748

Somebody told me the 86' model was a better fit. :D

My mirror with the soft top was great, then I added the Tusk rear panel and it was okay. Now I added the Cab frame cargo bag and my custom ultimate rear box and I have just a sliver of viewing area. I may need a rear view mirror from a 76 Thunderbird. Or some fold away Jeep mirrors for the sides. Anything that won't be destroyed by a tree.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!