Rebuilt Sub trans won't go into park

J

jrihm

Dec 7, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just put new reverse and low gears in my pioneer and put it back in and park wont lock in. i ve pulled the sub trans back out a few times and everything seems fine, i can put it into park manually on the bench and it locks right in but once back into the machine it never locks. I ve pulled it back out twice and re adjusted the shift cable and its the same. I ve tried to manually shift it and still won't work. any thoughts?

H

HondaTech

Probably the park shaft isnt aligned properly to the shift drum. When its manually shifted it goes past where the cable allows it to and locks park.

There is supposed to be a paint mark to align it, but its almost always gone. The mark on the park shaft should line up just to the side of the slot in the shift drum end.

J

jrihm

Dec 7, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Probably the park shaft isnt aligned properly to the shift drum. When its manually shifted it goes past where the cable allows it to and locks park.

There is supposed to be a paint mark to align it, but its almost always gone. The mark on the park shaft should line up just to the side of the slot in the shift drum end.
Ok thank you, I will try it again

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check out posts 18 and 19. This is a subtrans reassembly on a Pioneer, but it's the same deal. It could be as simple as detaching your shift linkage from the subtrans, putting your shifter in the right position, then putting it back on.

More than likely, though, you'll need to go back in and get the drum right as HT mentioned.

Post in thread 'Sub-Transmission Service' P1000 - Sub-Transmission Service

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!