100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I covered 4900 miles across 17 States over the past 5 days, sorry I posted 6 hrs after Joey pointed it out. I have neither the time or inclination to go through every post of alcohol infused gibberish from lunatic minds. :p
I like to sometimes resemble that remark, but only as a plastic fish swimming in a butter churn.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I believe we should give credit where credit is due. Richard is the one that opened my eyes to this kit so I won't take credit for any of it's design except for adding the valve core extractor to it.

You'll need a CO2 tank. I bought one at a local paintball supply house and it was used and filled up for $20 I believe. I made a second one then I had to buy that tank new.

You'll need a hose to go from the tank to the air chuck. There are several options here. You can use a coiled hose meant for paintball or you can use a grease gun hose because they are the same threads or you can use one of these fancy air chucks with the hose made onto it. Some of the paintball coiled hoses already come with the valve you need to open and close the tank.

View attachment 46894

View attachment 46895

Then you'll need a locking chuck of your choice. There are several different styles so just choose one. You'll need to take the valve out of the air chuck so you can get more volume into the tire to pop a bead back on.

This next tool is not required but it is extremely useful. It will remove the valve core and retain it so you don't drop it in the mud and then it will allow you to re-install the valve core without losing any air.
View attachment 46896

If you choose to use a grease gun hose, here's the valve that you'll need for opening and closing the CO2 supply.
View attachment 46897

Here's a couple videos of the inflator in use and one video I made in the shop about how the valve core tool works.

That's bad ass

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have used this one for better than 20 years

Superwinch 7750A Pulley Block , 20,000 lb capacity, use with winches having maximum single line capacity of 10,000 lb Amazon.com: Superwinch 7750A Pulley Block , 20,000 lb capacity, use with winches having maximum single line capacity of 10,000 lb: Automotive

I had a snap ring fail and ordered better ones from McMaster. While waiting on the snap rings, I won one of these.

ARB ARB209 Snatch Block Amazon.com: ARB ARB209 Snatch Block: Automotive

For heavy pulls, this one is the cats meow with the greasable bushing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the ARB Snatch block too that I carry in my truck's recovery gear bag.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
D

Deleted member 3748

That's my problem... I went off topic and didn't include a banner. My ride videos do feature a hondasxs sticker though!

thanks for the info guys!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm starting to feel some 500 discrimination. :(
Well... read here until feeling goes away.
Pioneer 500 Shop Talk

If symptoms persist fill this out.
Butthurtform 135a49 5751639

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Along with the gloves, Snatch block, treesaver, shackle, shovel, chainsaw, CO2 Kit with Vulcanized patches and plugs.
I also have a 50' Winch rope extension, extra shackles, and a 20' - 2"strap the rope extension is Nice you can use it a couple of ways. Usually by add it to the end of the rope and running it through the snatch block or just adding it to the end and getting a LONG pull.
I need to add the extra rope - I however tend not to venture into areas that that require all this - I do however follow @nbomar , @my99svt and @Tigermark so I like to be prepared to help them out :)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
If you are talking about the Superwinch one, look at the snap rings. I'll see if I have any spares. The replacements are metric and I had to order a pack of 10. It's been almost 10 years since I had the issue so I am not sure I can pay my fingers on them.

The block failed as I was putting it up after a 5 hour winch fest winching a 3 wheeled Jeep up trail 39 at Windrock - I guess at some point we put a side load on it. Two $1 snap rings and it was good to go!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope, this one...
Snatch block thanks anyway elkaholic!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I believe we should give credit where credit is due. Richard is the one that opened my eyes to this kit so I won't take credit for any of it's design except for adding the valve core extractor to it.

You'll need a CO2 tank. I bought one at a local paintball supply house and it was used and filled up for $20 I believe. I made a second one then I had to buy that tank new.

You'll need a hose to go from the tank to the air chuck. There are several options here. You can use a coiled hose meant for paintball or you can use a grease gun hose because they are the same threads or you can use one of these fancy air chucks with the hose made onto it. Some of the paintball coiled hoses already come with the valve you need to open and close the tank.

snip

snip

Then you'll need a locking chuck of your choice. There are several different styles so just choose one. You'll need to take the valve out of the air chuck so you can get more volume into the tire to pop a bead back on.

This next tool is not required but it is extremely useful. It will remove the valve core and retain it so you don't drop it in the mud and then it will allow you to re-install the valve core without losing any air.
snip

If you choose to use a grease gun hose, here's the valve that you'll need for opening and closing the CO2 supply.
snip

Here's a couple videos of the inflator in use and one video I made in the shop about how the valve core tool works.

snip

snip

May I suggest 3-4" of duct tape to this setup.
I hit up my local tire store and asked for a few used tire valves. I stuck them to duct tape, and taped it to my tank.
That Milton tool works great, but the new users to it could lose the valve, which would really ruin a day.
Just a thought.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
May I suggest 3-4" of duct tape to this setup.
I hit up my local tire store and asked for a few used tire valves. I stuck them to duct tape, and taped it to my tank.
That Milton tool works great, but the new users to it could lose the valve, which would really ruin a day.
Just a thought.

Great idea. I have spares but they are in a zip lock bag. I like your idea better. Thanks.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!