Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey all. New member with a P1000-5. Might not make this trip, live in @JenElio neck of the Woods. Look forward to meeting and riding with y’all at some point. Appreciate the input on food and gas. Interested to know what tools/parts y’all might carry on a ride like this. Thanks!
Other than the basic tools of metric wrenches, sockets (8, 10, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, 22 mm), allen wrenches( 5mm, 5.5 mm 8mm), large vise grips, crescent wrench, screwdrivers, etc. Several tire plugs, a Sidewall Slug for insurance, small air compressor. Extra length tow straps and a snatch block, better yet two. For parts an extra tie rod is a simple and inexpensive way to keep your ride from being cut short. That will do it for 90% of the people. If wanting very difficult trails, then you get into spare axles category.

Sidewall Slug can fix hole up to 50 plugs would fill. While letting you finish riding the weekend if halfway careful.

Rs w 1800 h 1800 1ac83a6b 1423 47ad a3fb fc14aa3034af 1024x1024

Here's the short list for field tie rod repair on a Pioneer 1000. Note the clamp shown is MUCH easier to apply and remove, factory assembled clamp is usually destroyed in a hurried field removal, get a couple and replace the two clamps from comfort or home, a muddy field repair will have you thanking this post later.

20180322 223943

20180322 212742

Yes they bend regularly
20180322 140709

Easily straightened with small press for emergency backup to give out to the unprepared.
20180418 125327

Tools needed for 15 minute repairs on trail. Note an 8"-10" Vise grips can be used instead of 1 1/4 "wrench (34mm)
20200523 160307

Why 2 snatch blocks? If completely alone and flipped or flat off wheel, run one out front, tie off 2nd off beside machine running winch line back to ROPS. from there can self upright machine or lift tires off ground in place of jack for repairs.

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey all. New member with a P1000-5. Might not make this trip, live in @JenElio neck of the Woods. Look forward to meeting and riding with y’all at some point. Appreciate the input on food and gas. Interested to know what tools/parts y’all might carry on a ride like this. Thanks!
I covered the tools, parts in previous post. Food fuel, lodging etc.

Off I75 exit 141 is the main crossover connection to the major trail sections, also there is a Pilot, TA, & a Shell station for fuel etc. For food there is an awesome Mexican restaurant (El Rey's), A Hardees, a Subway in the Pilot, Popeye's Chicken in the TA, for convenience of food while getting fuel etc.

Lodging, 3 campgrounds are run by same people we use for Honda Pioneer Takeover each spring. The closest to food and fuel is Eagle Rock campground and Resort only 1 mile up frontage road at Trail 1 trailhead. The other 2 Ride Royal Blue and The Ridges are 3 miles north at I75 exit 144 they connect to Trail 27 & 13 respectively and are 30-45 minutes from the aforementioned food / fuel by trail. All connected roadways were legalized ATV routes over 3 years ago. You can unload and get around without any trailering, just ride everywhere you want to go.

I'm free most anytime, hit me up would be glad to show you the main points of interest that are not on any paper map. Just start a conversation with me here on the forum to work out logistics.

This number will get you connected to all 3 campgrounds.

Screenshot 20200801 080432 Chrome

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hey neighbor! Welcome to the club!
Nice ride

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is another handy item to have with you on the trails, it’s great for washing out your radiator, washing off your windshield or any other time you may need to rinse out , wash off parts for repairs ect.
8345C51F EB93 4FD4 B8E8 C92775AE3313

Middy

Middy

Supporting Member
Jun 18, 2020
Loxahatchee, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Off I75 exit 141 is the main crossover connection to the major trail sections, also there is a Pilot, TA, & a Shell station for fuel etc. For food there is an awesome Mexican restaurant (El Rey's), A Hardees, a Subway in the Pilot, Popeye's Chicken in the TA, for convenience of food while getting fuel etc.

Lodging, 3 campgrounds are run by same people we use for Honda Pioneer Takeover each spring. The closest to food and fuel is Eagle Rock campground and Resort only 1 mile up frontage road at Trail 1 trailhead. The other 2 Ride Royal Blue and The Ridges are 3 miles north at I75 exit 144 they connect to Trail 27 & 13 respectively and are 30-45 minutes from the aforementioned food / fuel by trail. All connected roadways were legalized ATV routes over 3 years ago. You can unload and get around without any trailering, just ride everywhere you want to go.

I'm free most anytime, hit me up would be glad to show you the main points of interest that are not on any paper map. Just start a conversation with me here on the forum to work out logistics.

View attachment 215954
Thank you so much for all the great info and laying out the welcome mat for me. Much appreciated! Was out getting a bit muddy in Loxahatchee today, in the rain bands from Isaias;) Looks like installing a winch asap is a given. Glad to follow any recommendations on that. Thanks again to all that responded. My better half and I look forward to meeting y’all in the near future.

C

coleman4868

Myself and @Backwoods and possibly @Choogsbro will be riding at RRB on September 24-26, it is open to anyone that can make it, we would love to meet and ride with anyone that wants to go. Thinking about a ride to the prison one of those days. @Hondasxs could you set up an RSVP? Thanks.
I'll mark the calendar, I should be able to make that trip. I live about 1 hour 45 minutes from royal blue. We made the trip for the first time yesterday, and I plan on going back often.

C

coleman4868

View attachment 215954
I didn't this about exit 141. I thought royal blue was the whole park. I've got a few things to learn apparently. Thanks for the info.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'll mark the calendar, I should be able to make that trip. I live about 1 hour 45 minutes from royal blue. We made the trip for the first time yesterday, and I plan on going back often.
Great love to meet up with you and ride, if you do decide to go on page 1 of the thread is an RSVP at the top of the page, you will see a register button, hit that and sign up. It’s not mandatory just makes easiest to keep track of who to look out for. As always you can show up and ride, the more the merrier. 👍

C

coleman4868

Well, a lot depends on where you are riding, if you ask ten guys this , you’ll hear twelve opinions. If you are going to be riding rough stuff you might bring extra axles, ball joints spare tire. In my buggy I have an ammo can with basic tools like socket set,wrenches, pliers, ect. I also carry plug kit, sidewall slug, small air compressor, I carry a bag with soft shackles, 30 foot strap tree saver and snatch block, and a small first aid kit , ponchos, toilet paper and paper towels in a dry bag. Check out the build threads and you will get a lot of great ideas. Hope that helps a little.

I keep my toilet paper in a plastic domino sugar can. Because when your on the trail, and you get an "oh no" moment, Charmin is as sweet as sugar, lol. But an empty plastic coffee can would work just as good. I use the same thing for camping and boating too. Completely weather proof and doesn't squash the roll.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Thanks @JACKAL that was great information, are you planning on coming over that weekend?
I can, I really don't make plans, one of the benefits of being retired 🤣. A watch/clock & mobile phone is the modern day slaves collar.

Either way it's only a 15 minute ride from my house to the 3 campgrounds.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I didn't this about exit 141. I thought royal blue was the whole park. I've got a few things to learn apparently. Thanks for the info.

Ride Royal Blue is a campground. Royal Blue is a section of State land. Sundquist is the area most people are referring to when talking about Royal Blue trails. I know it’s confusing. There is also 2 privately run parks Windrock And Brimstone. This map may help.

BB33190C F67D 4EB7 97C9 454824B04FF2

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
What you are calling "Royal Blue " is only the Sundquist unit with the paper map of trails. That is only 10% of the connected trails. Royal Blue and New River Units are West of I75 and adjoins Brimstone and Windrock offroad parks at well. To the East of Sundquist is Tackett Creek recently renamed, with trails that go north and east into KY & VA. The concentrated trails are in over 300,000 acres and total area of connected trails is one 1.5 million acres running 118 miles East to West & 65 miles North to South.
TN Trails 117 miles E to W 1

Red dot is Ride Royal Blue Campground for reference.

20190408 135409

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Middy @coleman4868

I did this 5 years ago 2015, several changes and added places but it's still 90% accurate. Tons of information that people spend years finding out.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
New to the forum and may try to join you all as well, to meet some fellow UTV enthusiast. I've heard about this place but it's about a 7hr drive for us. Must be worth the trip if people are coming from Kansas. :)
We have had people from Idaho come here.

C

coleman4868

Ride Royal Blue is a campground. Royal Blue is a section of State land. Sundquist is the area most people are referring to when talking about Royal Blue trails. I know it’s confusing. There is also 2 privately run parks Windrock And Brimstone. This map may help.

View attachment 216344
I checked again via Google search. Probably the biggest reason I and so many others are confused, is that every search of royal blue brings up ride royal blue. No mention of anything at exit 141 anywhere on the search results.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well, we're going to try and make it up there again. Booked at the comfort inn. Hoping everything works out and I can make it happen 😉
That's a Hell yeah , this is shaping up to be a good one. I getting some stickers made you'll get a little something for your trouble:cool:

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I checked again via Google search. Probably the biggest reason I and so many others are confused, is that every search of royal blue brings up ride royal blue. No mention of anything at exit 141 anywhere on the search results.
Try Eagle Rock Resort and Campground

Exit 141 is just an exit not a destination, however it is the gateway to trails west of I75 and food / fuel for riders.

Screenshot 20200802 144118 Facebook

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!