Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
im a strong ny man with all my kids riding with me!!!! yes i said NY!!!! as in real new york!!!! not those kitty hating dick licking fags from i85south
Let's drink a beer jak!!

Reactions: jak9922
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
sry lol thats gonna get censored lmfao
My family's all from Syracuse, hope that's not where you were talking about lol.

D

Deleted member 3748

Back to the heat for a moment... I paid more attention tonight and my legs were warm. I found a lot of heat blowing in through the reverse lever hole. Has to be from the radiator. If I held my hand over it my legs cooled off. It also cooled off when I came to a stop.

Reactions: Sledge
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Back to the heat for a moment... I paid more attention tonight and my legs were warm. I found a lot of heat blowing in through the reverse lever hole. Has to be from the radiator. If I held my hand over it my legs cooled off. It also cooled off when I came to a stop.
I'm installing an after market air conditioning unit next year, problem solved.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I am considering installing a roof on my P5, now that I know I have adequate clearance loading into my cargo trailer.

Probably a Moose roof, as I like the sleek, clean look of it, in comparison to the Honda roof.

I've had NO seat-heat issues, up to 90+ degrees, and don't want any. If a roof will introduce such, or increase dust intrusion, I don't want one.

Most of y'all who have roofs also have windshields, and I have no interest whatsoever in a windshield. Wouldn't take one as a gift.

So...will a roof alone cause heat or dust problems, or do those only come with the windshield/roof combination?

Will a roof alone significantly affect how air flows to/within the cab?

Thoughts on various available roofs most welcome as well.

Thanks in advance.

Joe
Just received my Moose roof . Comes with pads to address any vibration noise issue and all the hardware .

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
I have a moose roof and half windshield. If I were to do it over again I would spend the extra on the honda roof. The Moose one doesnt offer much coverage, water drips in all over the place. Plus it just fits poorly and seems cheaply made. It does sort of work, but not the best option.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have a moose roof and half windshield. If I were to do it over again I would spend the extra on the honda roof. The Moose one doesnt offer much coverage, water drips in all over the place. Plus it just fits poorly and seems cheaply made. It does sort of work, but not the best option.
Yep, that's precisely why I went with the Honda roof, great coverage down low in the back and a drip edge up front.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You said you were done with expensive accessories? o_O
Busted!!! Haha, it was a joke, I don't think that there is an after market air conditioner for the P5, also, then I'd need those expensive full doors. I'm done.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Busted!!! Haha, it was a joke, I don't think that there is an after market air conditioner for the P5, also, then I'd need those expensive full doors. I'm done.
Me too monte...no more expensive sh**! Just cosmetics for me now.
Just bought wheels and tires for the pod trailer and thinking of making a simple skid plate under it.
Already have the material for that and wasn't happy getting bogged down in that mud hole.
Speaking of which, that's when the wife noticed the most heat coming from behind the seat.
Creeping through it with the throttle mashed.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Me too monte...no more expensive sh**! Just cosmetics for me now.
Just bought wheels and tires for the pod trailer and thinking of making a simple skid plate under it.
Already have the material for that and wasn't happy getting bogged down in that mud hole.
Speaking of which, that's when the wife noticed the most heat coming from behind the seat.
Creeping through it with the throttle mashed.
Oh hell yeah, we always notice after going through deepish water that a nasty smelling very hot steam comes gushing up through the buckle area. I like your little trailer. I have one that I converted from a small boat trailer. It's about the size of yours and has 12" wheels on it, but they're those narrow tires (not those really skinny boat trailer tires) you see on those old like 70's Honda cars. Would like to put the stock OEM's I took of the front of the P5 on it, but there's only about 1.5" between the inside of the tires and the frame now, so I'm not sure that will work. Any ideas??

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Yep, that's precisely why I went with the Honda roof, great coverage down low in the back and a drip edge up front.
Factory is 2 1/2 " higher than moose . Cant afford the extra height .

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Factory is 2 1/2 " higher than moose . Cant afford the extra height .
I hear ya dude, just like I can't handle the extra width of offset wheels.

Cowboy22

Cowboy22

Mar 31, 2016
Iowa
Btw, the Honda roof extends lower in the back providing more protection from rain and it has a built in drip edge on the front that helps keep rain from pouring down on the dash.
Did you buy on Amazon.com ??

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!