P500 Roof/Airflow

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
I considered enclosing the cab but there are gaps in everything they offer.
Never get it fully sealed. Been plowing with a quad forever so I'm getting more coverage regardless.
Yeah, nothing fits perfect but when it's in the low teens and we're out I'll try to use that cab heat issue to my advantage and keep as much of it in as possible. When the weather warms up they'll be off for the season unless it's pouring. A lot of the time we plan group rides a few weeks in advance and we go rain or shine so if it's pouring I can put them on and keep dry as well. It's not for everyone I'm sure but I'm gonna give em' a try. Dealer called me Friday and said they were in but I was out of town this weekend so I haven't picked them up yet. I'll post a couple pics once I get them installed.

D

Deleted member 3748

Ok ! Today p5 got the Moose roof treatment . Fit's perfect . Super easy install . IMO (the only one that counts) it is the best looking p5 roof .
Yes I had to add a lil bling front and rear .
At 135.00 with free shipping it is the absolute best deal out there . btw under hood storage box at extreme metal products for under 100 with shipping .

That looks great! This will definitely be my next roof. I'm not sure how much more 50" trail abuse my soft top can take so it may be soon. But it's held up well to pounding on the trees so far so who knows? Thanks for posting the pics!

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
That looks great! This will definitely be my next roof. I'm not sure how much more 50" trail abuse my soft top can take so it may be soon. But it's held up well to pounding on the trees so far so who knows? Thanks for posting the pics!
Not sure about Honda soft top but I have a Polaris one on my RZR and so far it has been great . Withstood lots of pine tree and juniper abuse . lol
Picked the moose top for the same reason I picked the Polaris soft top . I like the looks the best . Added bonus is they were both very inexpensive .

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
Truly? Tell me about them with pictures when you get them in, thanks webby.
Well, picked up the doors yesterday from Seltzer Powersports, got them home and as soon as I removed them from the box I noticed the gasketing at the bottom of the drivers side door was sliced cleanly off. When I called Seltzer back they told me this wasn't the first instance. I'll be returning them this weekend and I'm not so sure I'll be ordering new ones. I was disappointed in the overall quality of the doors. The fit seemed like it would be okay just not the quality I wanted.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Well, picked up the doors yesterday from Seltzer Powersports, got them home and as soon as I removed them from the box I noticed the gasketing at the bottom of the drivers side door was sliced cleanly off. When I called Seltzer back they told me this wasn't the first instance. I'll be returning them this weekend and I'm not so sure I'll be ordering new ones. I was disappointed in the overall quality of the doors. The fit seemed like it would be okay just not the quality I wanted.
That's too bad. Especially considering how expensive they are. Is that the only maker?

webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
That's too bad. Especially considering how expensive they are. Is that the only maker?
They retail for $449....I paid $329 after tax but still a bit salty. I haven't seen any other full doors for the P5 yet. I haven't looked all that hard for other manufacturers though. I'll most likely just take them back and have another set ordered in.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
They retail for $449....I paid $329 after tax but still a bit salty. I haven't seen any other full doors for the P5 yet. I haven't looked all that hard for other manufacturers though. I'll most likely just take them back and have another set ordered in.
But you said you were disappointed with the overall quality of the doors??

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I did,but I want doors and I want them to be easily taken on and off. It's what's available to me at this point.
I hear ya webby. Hopefully you'll be pleased with them in the end.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!