5. Talon X4
webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500
Truly? Tell me about them with pictures when you get them in, thanks webby.
Will do. I've been wrestling with the idea for a couple months and figured what the heck. We do a lot of riding in the winter so that's really why I got them. Seem fairly easy to take on and off. Got a decent price from my dealer also.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Will do. I've been wrestling with the idea for a couple months and figured what the heck. We do a lot of riding in the winter so that's really why I got them. Seem fairly easy to take on and off. Got a decent price from my dealer also.
Yep, we do more winter riding than summer as well, but I'm already on record as not doing anymore expensive mods, and as you no doubt have seen, triggers going to hold me to it!

Reactions: trigger and webby
S

Sledge

I have a moose roof and half windshield. If I were to do it over again I would spend the extra on the honda roof. The Moose one doesnt offer much coverage, water drips in all over the place. Plus it just fits poorly and seems cheaply made. It does sort of work, but not the best option.
Well, dang. I guess maybe I'll just buy a soft roof then. Or none at all.

Like Huck, I don't have room for 2.5" additional height, and frankly a roof is about equal in pluses and minuses to me anyway. I like the sun, and I dress for bad weather.

I never wanted to make my P5 into a mini-truck/jeep, although I get why some do, especially those who use them in adverse climates.

The primary advantages of SxS over quad are the steering wheel and a comfortable passenger to me. Not a windshield or a roof.

Honda's rapacious accessory pricing really annoys me too. To leave the obviously indicated underhood storage tray off, and then charge nearly $200 for it as an accessory, is just insulting.

It is almost like charging extra for a seat, or for headlights, or a glovebox...oops, check that.

Joe

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

Like Huck, I don't have room for 2.5" additional height, and frankly a roof is about equal in pluses and minuses to me anyway. I like the sun, and I dress for bad weather.

I never wanted to make my P5 into a mini-truck/jeep, although I get why some do, especially those who use them in adverse climates.

The primary advantages of SxS over quad are the steering wheel and a comfortable passenger to me. Not a windshield or a roof.

Honda's rapacious accessory pricing really annoys me too. To leave the obviously indicated underhood storage tray off, and then charge nearly $200 for it as an accessory, is just insulting.

It is almost like charging extra for a seat, or for headlights, or a glovebox...oops, check that.

Joe
The soft roof isn't too bad Joe. The only problem is that you can't trailer with it... but I believe you have an enclosed trailer so that won't be a problem for you.

Also, The soft roof can be removed in 3 minutes and stored in a small box.

It is nice to be able to sit in the shade, and keep the sun off the seat so it doesn't cook you when you sit on it...

Reactions: Sledge
webby

webby

Lifetime Member
Nov 25, 2015
Philipsburg, Pa.
Ownership

1. 500

Joe
The soft roof isn't too bad Joe. The only problem is that you can't trailer with it... but I believe you have an enclosed trailer so that won't be a problem for you.

Also, The soft roof can be removed in 3 minutes and stored in a small box.

It is nice to be able to sit in the shade, and keep the sun off the seat so it doesn't cook you when you sit on it...
For what it's worth, I have the soft roof/rear window combo. I have trailered with it on and have had zero issues. Now, that's driving around 60-65 MPH. Also, that's not to say that something couldn't happen but it hasn't to this point.

Reactions: Sledge
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
For what it's worth, I have the soft roof/rear window combo. I have trailered with it on and have had zero issues. Now, that's driving around 60-65 MPH. Also, that's not to say that something couldn't happen but it hasn't to this point.
I had a soft top on my Ranger for 5 years. I set often close to huge brush pile fires, regularly clearing land and occassional still hot embers would fall on it or I'd likely still have it. It had so many little holes in it that it was no longer useful. Trailered it 70 miles round trip for regular service at similar speeds with no problems to it.

Last edited:
S

Sledge

60-65? Yes Sir.

There was a time in my life when going fast was important. That time is past.

On my recent Colorado trip, I never set the cruise past 60. Saw a bunch of game and stuff I wouldn't have seen at 75, I reckon. Had time to look around. No reason to hurry.

Same with the P5, actually.

Slow Joe

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
advertisement
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I hear ya dude, just like I can't handle the extra width of offset wheels.
True dat ! I have a rzr 900 trail (50") and p5 . Bought 50's because thats what works here and one gate I go through leaves me about an inch on each side . With the p5's I understand people buying them and them making them wider for what ever reason but on the RZR , I just shake my head and wonder if the people are dumb or what . If you don't want a 50" then buy a plain 900 . Geeesh never could figure that out .

Reactions: Cowboy22
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Ok ! Today p5 got the Moose roof treatment . Fit's perfect . Super easy install . IMO (the only one that counts) it is the best looking p5 roof .
Yes I had to add a lil bling front and rear .
IMG 5285
IMG 5286
IMG 5289

At 135.00 with free shipping it is the absolute best deal out there . btw under hood storage box at extreme metal products for under 100 with shipping .

Cowboy22

Cowboy22

Mar 31, 2016
Iowa
True dat ! I have a rzr 900 trail (50") and p5 . Bought 50's because thats what works here and one gate I go through leaves me about an inch on each side . With the p5's I understand people buying them and them making them wider for what ever reason but on the RZR , I just shake my head and wonder if the people are dumb or what . If you don't want a 50" then buy a plain 900 . Geeesh never could figure that out .
Ok ! Today p5 got the Moose roof treatment . Fit's perfect . Super easy install . IMO (the only one that counts) it is the best looking p5 roof .
Yes I had to add a lil bling front and rear . View attachment 18014 View attachment 18015 View attachment 18016
At 135.00 with free shipping it is the absolute best deal out there . btw under hood storage box at extreme metal products for under 100 with shipping .
were did you buy this from??

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yep, made that point here myself many times.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
@HUCK, is that your shop/garage?

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
For what it's worth, I have the Honda roof, half windshield and cab net on back...
plenty of airflow and I feel that engine heat all the time. Thought about doing the heat shield/wrap thing
but wonder if it hinders the cooling or airflow over engine? Anyone notice their temp go up after installing it?
No....Bro
it keeps dust & heat & noise
Down....big time
$48
Well spent

Reactions: trigger
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!