P500 Rotopax installed. No end in sight.

Vaden01

Vaden01

Jul 4, 2018
Callahan, FL.
Ownership

1. 500
20180804 151317 20180804 151333

P

PNWGuy

Awesome! Hopefully some day I will get to go on a ride long enough to justify bringing extra fuel. So far, the 100-mile range of the factory tank is well within my tolerance for seat time.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Holy tuberculosis That’s a huge tank! You’ll fill up twice from empty with that! Looks good on the back, like it was made for it. Cool!

Reactions: Vaden01 and trigger
Vaden01

Vaden01

Jul 4, 2018
Callahan, FL.
Ownership

1. 500
Holy tuberculosis That’s a huge tank! You’ll fill up twice from empty with that! Looks good on the back, like it was made for it. Cool!
Lol! 4 gal tank. Nobody riding in my group will run out of fuel!!!!! Lol

Reactions: Remington
JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I have a smaller one, think is 1/2 that size and strap it down in my Tub tray on the back. I’ve never ran mine out, light flashing and sputtering running down hill, lucky remainder of that trip was flat. guess what I should do is runner out with little roto just to see, now with 27” tires. I usually carry the little Roto.

That’s a cool idea @PistonHonda there certainly is lotsa room under driver’s side and that tank would fit. Was also thinking about a gravity feed, but would have to be a custom fuel cell thin dimension with baffles for a roof mount out of aluminum. My roof is flat, (for the most part) custom made from clear Lexan, I could see where V2.0 could be Lexan again with a 1.5” deep baffled tank on the underside with a gravity feed to stock tank. 1.5” deep across the full width for the rear half the roof would be a fair amount of fuel and be tucked inside the ROPs tubing would work. Rough and dirty it’d be 3 imperial gallons. 1.5”x 40” wide 15” front to back. Lexan would protect in a roll over as that stuff is incredibly robust. Although I’m not keen on having fuel over my head after hearing about the guy in the RZR in the linked thread, Geeez.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 3748
G

Gcaron3

Nov 30, 2020
Ownership

1. 500
What mounting bracket did you use? The universal mount plate?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!