P1000 Rough Country lift kit

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the high lifter 2.5" lift. Very similar in design. I had to run wheel spacers even with my aftermarket 5+2 wheels. I am not a picky person so the ride quality from factory to lifted height feels the same. I know most will claim it's stiffer. I like my lift and I accompanied it with the arched arms and that combo seems to work super well for clearance.

Some extra info:
I chose the high lifter for the fact my pioneer dealer is a high lifter dealer and told me they would warranty my machine thru their extended warranty program as long as I chose to stick with high lifter products. If I were braver and did not worry about warranty coverage I would have gone cfab without thinking twice. However, I financed my machine and therefore purchased the extended warranty with the sole mindframe that if I'm making monthly payments I don't want to pay more out of pocket for repairs.

Last edited:
Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Has anyone installed the Rough Country 3 inch lift on their P1000? If so, how do you like it? I’m needing a little more ground clearance for our Arizona trails.
2019 P1K-3 yes, we have the 3" RC lift front and rear... I know there is a lot of good info about ride quality on factory and it gets worse with the bracket lift. They are probably correct but I don't think the ride is that bad (although I would probably think differently if I installed any other shocks). Anyway, we also installed 28" tires on 5-2 15" wheels, we really like this set-up!

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Personally I would get bigger tires, fox shocks and set your preload and get that 3” yet not reduce handling and improve your ride.
And some forward arched arms!

@BillChestnutt, your question besides the rough country part has been beat to death at mercy on this forum. Basically, the bracket lift F’s with the geometry of your suspension putting your shocks in an almost vertical position, not to mention your camber is now way off thus Making your ride much harsher and all kinds of abnormal things that in time having you doing repairs that could have been prevented. I did a Bracket lift early on for a year and a half and fiddle fuced with all kinds of $hit, took it off and did the above mentioned and it was like going from a dozer to a Lincoln And bever looked back!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!