Rough starts

Honda4lifeKS

Honda4lifeKS

Feb 16, 2024
Kansas
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Brand new Talon, been started maybe 10.times & every time it cranks quite a bit before it actually starts, anyone experienced this? Does it get better?

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
Morning Brand new Talon, been started maybe 10.times & every time it cranks quite a bit before it actually starts, anyone experienced this? Does it get better?
I don't know about the Talons, but on the P5s you have to wait for the fuel pump to stop before cranking. The display will say hello, or welcome, or good morning, or some type of greeting (i cant remember). If you try to start it with out waiting it will do that.

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
It looks like you've just joined us so, welcome to the club from East Tennessee. We usually ask that when you join you make an introductory post and tell us a little about your self. Make sure to post a picture/s of your machine (rule #4) or the Shariff will be a long shortly and give you a ticket.

Honda4lifeKS

Honda4lifeKS

Feb 16, 2024
Kansas
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
It looks like you've just joined us so, welcome to the club from East Tennessee. We usually ask that when you join you make an introductory post and tell us a little about your self. Make sure to post a picture/s of your machine (rule #4) or the Shariff will be a long shortly and give you a ticket.
Done, thanks for the heads up!

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from NW Louisiana.
Not sure if this will help you, but my 2017 P1K is the same way. If I let the fuel pump pressure up, it busts right off. If I jump in and hit the key it's going to turn over a few seconds. Let's see some pic!!!

#NTC

Honda4lifeKS

Honda4lifeKS

Feb 16, 2024
Kansas
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Welcome from NW Louisiana.
Not sure if this will help you, but my 2017 P1K is the same way. If I let the fuel pump pressure up, it busts right off. If I jump in and hit the key it's going to turn over a few seconds. Let's see some pic!!!

#NTC
Awesome! I will start trying that! Thank you

Screenshot 20240217 074359

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
As others have said, wait for the dash lights to finish their 'chores'. One of those chores is taking a barometric pressure reading so it can set the FI. The only time mine might be hard to start is a hot start after a short stop and I've found it needs a full throttle when that happens (rarely, but it's become automatic for me, after a few seconds and my foot goes to the floor. Make sure you aren't in gear when you do this (it will crank in gear if your foot is on the brake).

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!