Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm afraid off set will knock me out of fitting between fender wells of truck bed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well that's where I was going, didn't know if you were aware of that. There's no alloy AM's without offsets so you'll be stuck with steel. It's the same for me, you could go an inch wider on the tires for a little stability gain, and you can disconnect the ASB for additional stability gain.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Having experienced similar repercussions myself in the early years of matrimony, I'm quite cognisant of the hazards involved in such matters. I'm satisfied that time and empiricism will rule the day, and your P5 will be shod in the shoes of your predilection.
could you translate that to regular english for us less educated folk ? :D

Reactions: Moose308 and rocmar
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
I really like my Rip-Saws. Living in Colorado we get just about every type of terrain you can think of and they have not disappointed yet and they seem to be holding up really good. Close to 700 miles on them and no sign of wear. The only issue I had was on some really slick sticky surface mud and had to go so slow that the tires could not clean themselves out and got to be about 14" wide with mud.

I would not recommend the 26" as they will rob power. A P5 owner and a mechanic at the local Honda dealer has the 26" and he said he would not do it again but go with the 25"

Sedona tires run way undersize. The 25" Ripsaw is just barely any taller than the stock 24's (which are only about 23.5" dia.). And the 25's are incredibly heavy, about twice what the stock 4 ply tires weigh.

Reactions: 100Acre and rocmar
D

Deleted member 3748

Rember:::::::
With low psi....
you won't get the
true height...of any tire
just sayin.....
That's a very good point. But since we're determining size based on what other P500s are using, we just need to see if we're all running the same pressure. :)

Reactions: rocmar
ChungasRevenge

ChungasRevenge

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2016
The Land of Nod
Ownership

1. 500
but I understand if you don't want any more tire decisions to make!

Roun' here "tars" is important!!

You do get every conceivable (and genuine) opinion regarding the "perfect" set-up....I went through this choosing tires for my TLC. In the end I had to choose what was right for my particular needs..

ChungasRevenge

ChungasRevenge

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2016
The Land of Nod
Ownership

1. 500
OK I forgot to update this thread. I'm old, forgetful and prone to aimless wandering. Thank goodness the boys down at the VFW send out random patrols whenever my seat is empty...

I pulled the trigger on the Sedona Ripsaw tires. Five (5) are inbound courtesy of UPS. Ggot'ta love the boys in brown.
Went big, 11" on all four corners, on Honda OE rims.

I did have permission from the Princess. She was soooo elated over her new Chainsaw, 3x9x40 Leupold and Taser that she insisted I "buy what ever I need"...Assuming she would eventually sober-up or run out of batteries for the Taser, I tossed in a new cup holder for the TLC too.

I'll post up some pics of the up-grade unmounted/mounted in the next few days. Also, looking for some novel ideas for spare tire mounting..

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
OK I forgot to update this thread. I'm old, forgetful and prone to aimless wandering. Thank goodness the boys down at the VFW send out random patrols whenever my seat is empty...

I pulled the trigger on the Sedona Ripsaw tires. Five (5) are inbound courtesy of UPS. Ggot'ta love the boys in brown.

I did have permission from the Princess. She was soooo elated over her new Chainsaw, 3x9x40 Leupold and Taser that she insisted I "buy what ever I need"...Assuming she would eventually sober-up or run out of batteries for the Taser, I tossed in a new cup holder for the TLC too.

I'll post up some pics of the up-grade unmounted/mounted in the next few days. Also, looking for some novel ideas for spare tire mounting..
11's on the front!!?? Better tell the boys in brown to bring you an EPS..............too. :D

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

Check out....wat did ya do to your p5
@solrus ....spare tire set up
.......SWEET......

Reactions: ChungasRevenge
advertisement
ChungasRevenge

ChungasRevenge

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2016
The Land of Nod
Ownership

1. 500
@solrus

NIce!!

Img 20161227 201506024 jpg29666

Reactions: Dp5hunter
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I see this is older thread but I personally i love the ripsaw. They do well for all around and very lasting. Got a set on our quad now that were on our 700 Pioneer and will move to the the 1000 in a few months when the factory set are junk. It's a heavier rig but they've gone well over 2k now and look good yet

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That's what I was looking for...I'm in a little bit of everything here in WV (Cept' sand) and these have a great reputation. Heavier but indestructible!! << Reminds me of my High school prom Date...

Exactly what they are lmao.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That's what I was looking for...I'm in a little bit of everything here in WV (Cept' sand) and these have a great reputation. Heavier but indestructible!! << Reminds me of my High school prom Date...
Um........you didn't happen to marry that one did you. Better keep that pass word in your head feller. :D

Reactions: joeymt33
ChungasRevenge

ChungasRevenge

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2016
The Land of Nod
Ownership

1. 500
you didn't happen to marry that one did you

No sir..She is not the "Former Mrs Chunga". When not moonlighting as an attorney, the former Mrs Chunga works as a lesser known Imp or demon tormenting some other hapless soul in a nameless pit in the lowest levels of sheol.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: JWB and Tigermark
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

Wow... a woman that appreciates quality firearm optics???? Must be a keeper! Good to hear you got some new meats coming! Putting real tires on makes such a huge difference. You will love it!

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have the RSs and it made it a different machine. Cant compare as I never had another tire other than stock.
More important is that ZAPPA in your avatar?
I'm having flashbacks

Reactions: ChungasRevenge
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Heavy tars in sand....
not good...sink...
Maxxis use to have a
...flip tire. One way for
dirt & rock...the other way
for sand...had um on my
can am...they were
BadAss. ...best of both
world...
20140811 085820 2

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
No sir..She is not the "Former Mrs Chunga". When not moonlighting as an attorney, the former Mrs Chunga works as a lesser know Imp or demon tormenting some other hapless soul in a nameless pit in the lowest levels of sheol.;)
Hades should be so lucky. I'm inclined to postulate that the anterior Mrs. Chunga had some level of eminence in getting under your skin. My apologies for having brought to light such unpleasantries.

advertisement