Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
OK I forgot to update this thread. I'm old, forgetful and prone to aimless wandering. Thank goodness the boys down at the VFW send out random patrols whenever my seat is empty...

I pulled the trigger on the Sedona Ripsaw tires. Five (5) are inbound courtesy of UPS. Ggot'ta love the boys in brown.
Went big, 11" on all four corners, on Honda OE rims.

I did have permission from the Princess. She was soooo elated over her new Chainsaw, 3x9x40 Leupold and Taser that she insisted I "buy what ever I need"...Assuming she would eventually sober-up or run out of batteries for the Taser, I tossed in a new cup holder for the TLC too.

I'll post up some pics of the up-grade unmounted/mounted in the next few days. Also, looking for some novel ideas for spare tire mounting..
Spousal Units sometime surprise you about getting stuff. I just ordered the Ruger Precision Rifle with her blessing but she said I should get the Nightforce ATACR 4x16x50 scope, How she knew about that I have no clue but I did not argue. Maybe is was the Nightforce Product Catalog laying open on the kitchen counter with the ATACR model circled. I call her MOTO (master of the obvious)

D

Deleted member 3748

Doesn't a balance
tire...need the proper
air pressure. ..
I don't know...
just asking
Yes, it needs to be mounted on the wheel too. The mounting can be done at home if you have the tools, but not the balancing. Maybe you take them somewhere for mounting and balancing.

Reactions: rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, it needs to be mounted on the wheel too. The mounting can be done at home if you have the tools, but not the balancing. Maybe you take them somewhere for mounting and balancing.
Most of us...don't
run tires with the
recommended psi
My tires Maxxis Ceros
say 18 psi...I run
10psi...with slime

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Unless you happen to have a nice tire balancing machine in your shop, Dyna beads is the only way I know of to balance a UTV tire from home. Unless you run full recommended pressure and do a lot of higher speed traveling on asphalt, or other hard surfaces with radials, it's really not necessary. And, as previously pointed out, who runs recommended pressure in their tires?;)

Reactions: ChungasRevenge
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I Been balancing my tires
...with Slime for years
haha

ChungasRevenge

ChungasRevenge

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2016
The Land of Nod
Ownership

1. 500
Local shop balanced and mounted them.

After the morning's coffee I loaded El' burro rojo up and headed into town to mount the new "shoes"..

IMG 2589

advertisement
ChungasRevenge

ChungasRevenge

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2016
The Land of Nod
Ownership

1. 500
Mounted the new shoes. Local shop knocked it out >30 minutes. best $32 I ever spent.

I am very impressed with the new stance. Seems like this is the way it should look from the factory. I've take a couple laps around the homestead (over frozen ground), very impressed with aggressive responsiveness of the tires. I don't have a great deal of seat time in the P500 so I cant comment regarding significant power loss.

The Sedona's grab and hold on for dear life. I described them in another thread as "Tenacious".

Thinking about a trip out to my hunting property on Sunday IOT get a better feel for the tires on some of the trails I'll be riding. No winch yet so I'm not going to take it too deep into the hollar (AKA Hollow).

So far, this is the best upgrade to the little red donkey.

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Mounted the new shoes. Local shop knocked it out .30 minutes. best $32 I ever spent.

I am very impressed with the new stance. Seems like this is the way it should look from the factory. I've take a couple laps around the homestead (over frozen ground), very impressed with aggressive responsiveness of the tires. I don't have a great deal of seat time in the P500 so I cant comment regarding significant power loss.

The Sedona's grab and hold on for dear life. I described them in another thread as "Tenacious".

Thinking about a trip out to my hunting property on Sunday IOT get a better feel for the tires on some of the trails I'll be riding. No winch yet so I'm not going to take it too deep into the hollar (AKA Hollow).

So far, this is the best upgrade to the little red donkey.

HOLLAR....
is good...Hillbilly
.....Redneck
talk the same..
others might call
ya....illiterate.
Go Tear it up....
Don't get stuck...
& show pics of...a
PoPo pulling ya out...
...if so...Don't get any
on ya....HAHA
RIDE SAFE

ChungasRevenge

ChungasRevenge

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2016
The Land of Nod
Ownership

1. 500
Wat psi...you Goin with
...did ya gain any clearance

Running 7 PSI currently as a starting point. At that PSI it looks to be about 10" of clearance at the rear and about 10.5" in the front.

A tad better than the stock 8.5".

Reactions: rocmar
ChungasRevenge

ChungasRevenge

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2016
The Land of Nod
Ownership

1. 500
Ruger Precision Rifle with her blessing but she said I should get the Nightforce ATACR 4x16x50 scope,

You are going to love that scope! I've not fired the RPR yet but, by all accounts it is a beast...6.5 Creedmoor?

advertisement