P500 Shifting problems.

B

Bridgie

Jun 1, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hey guys, I picked up a 2017 P5 that was sitting in someone's garage with 92 km on it. Everything is great, except in auto mode the second gear is shown as a dash. It won't shift above 2nd unless you do it with the paddles. Anyone know the fix for this?

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

B

Bridgie

Jun 1, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yeah it's latched, and if I use the upshift paddle it will shift through to 3rd

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
The auto shift wigs out until the engine temp comes up.
Somthing like the 1-2 shift fuel cut drops the rpm too low so it tries to down shift.
Mine just bounces back and forth until it shows the dash line for the gear position.

Once it is warmed up it works fine.
But try and explain all that to the wife and she's ready to dock my allowance until I have made up the cost of the unit.
I ever corner the moron honda engineer that released this to the public I'm turning my wife lose on them (may god have mercy on there soul).

B

Bridgie

Jun 1, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yeah it's in second gear and runs, but it shows the bar instead of the 2. It's not blinking, just a solid bar

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
The auto shift wigs out until the engine temp comes up.
Somthing like the 1-2 shift fuel cut drops the rpm too low so it tries to down shift.
Mine just bounces back and forth until it shows the dash line for the gear position.

Once it is warmed up it works fine.
But try and explain all that to the wife and she's ready to dock my allowance until I have made up the cost of the unit.
I ever corner the moron honda engineer that released this to the public I'm turning my wife lose on them (may god have mercy on there soul).
Before the machine is warmed up the fi doesn’t let the rpms down low enough to shift. My carberator Honda atvs would only shift in winter when I pushed down the choke before they were warm.

B

Bridgie

Jun 1, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No, just shows the dash in manual mode as well. Haven't had it out for a good run yet though

Reactions: Mudder

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!