P500 Shocks

G

goodiemob

Apr 11, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone know where I can order Walker Evans or Elkas and ship them asap? I've been searching and messaged 3 or 4 vendors and still have yet to get a solid answer. At this point I'll take what I can get as long as it's with reason $.
I have a trip coming up at the end of July and last year sucked with stock suspension. Any help would be appreciated, I'm considering the air shock mod but I don't feel like going down that path just yet.
I also searched for the Yamaha rhino shock mod but I can't find anything anymore. I would definitely be willing to move some shock mounts, I just need to verify what to order and what and where to move, to late to play the buy and return game at this point.
Thank you, any help is greatly appreciated!

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Hi,

I hate to tell you that those of us that have ordered Elka or WE shocks, we all had to wait 12-16 weeks to get them. Every online dealer will likely be the same, none of them will have them in stock.

One option that hasn't been kicked around would be buying a set of shocks from a member, but I haven't ever seen anyone give them up after getting them.

I haven't installed mine yet, got them almost two months ago but it went from snow/rain and cold temps to upper 90s and bugs. I plan on getting mine installed prior to our trip to Wyoming in August. I'm excited to see how big a difference they make.

Rob

G

goodiemob

Apr 11, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
I just called Chris at Walker Evans and he said I'll have them in a week, I bumped up the shipping to 3 days so I'll let you know. He said they had a set of 4, front silver springs and rear red springs. I just ordered them.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I just called Chris at Walker Evans and he said I'll have them in a week, I bumped up the shipping to 3 days so I'll let you know. He said they had a set of 4, front silver springs and rear red springs. I just ordered them.
That’s awesome! That is the fastest turnaround I have ever seen on shocks.
I bet you will love them.
Rob

Reactions: Backwoods
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Anyone know where I can order Walker Evans or Elkas and ship them asap?
I would say good luck! But it looks like u might debunk what's been happening with shocks the last 3 yrs.
Hope your right and didn't have to overpay to make it happen. As we say.. PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

Oh and Welcome to the forum lerker

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Just teasin'. I did a bunch all at once myself. A neat (but expensive) way to go about it!
I figure if I'm going to be without the machine for a bit, I might as well do it all at once and enjoy the transformation.

I'm really excited for it all to be done... but as many know, these things will never be done...

And there is no reason not to rib me some, all of these expensive parts just laying around in my garage... kind of perverse to blow the money on them and then just let them collect dust.

R

railrunner

Oct 5, 2019
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ownership

1. 520
I figure if I'm going to be without the machine for a bit, I might as well do it all at once and enjoy the transformation.

I'm really excited for it all to be done... but as many know, these things will never be done...

And there is no reason not to rib me some, all of these expensive parts just laying around in my garage... kind of perverse to blow the money on them and then just let them collect dust.
No worries, I got my 22 model early December 21.......$5000 worth of accessories later, first ride June 19, sometimes it just works out that way.

Railrunner

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!