P1000 skid plate removal

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just wondering if someone can tell me what tools I need to remove the factory skid plate. My pioneer is 250 miles away. I'm gonna go down and ride this weekend and while I'm there I want to remove the facotry skid plate to test and see if something between the floor and the skid plate is rattling against the skid plate causing the chattering sound I hear when the motor is lugged down.

Reactions: BWAF
Bubba

Bubba

Lifetime Member
May 5, 2016
Belle Chasse La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check your bed latch, hold down on handle and see if it stops. I had a rattle that was driving me crazy and that's what it was. Don't see how it would be the factory skid plate because it is plastic.

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check your bed latch, hold down on handle and see if it stops. I had a rattle that was driving me crazy and that's what it was. Don't see how it would be the factory skid plate because it is plastic.

I got my bed latched down real tight. Doors and stuff too. But this is a different sound anyway, it's definitely coming from down below and sounds like a chatter. Does it pretty much any speed, as long as the engine is lugged down with the RPMs low, you know where the engine would be real shaky. For example if I'm climbing a long steep paved Hill at about 2500 rpm or so it is pretty bad. Soon as I shift down and get it up to about 4000 RPM it goes away. I know another member on here mentioned he had some cables or rods or something between the floor and the skid plate that were rattling around and he stuffed some foam in there and that solved the problem. Whatever it is it isn't rattling against the floor because I've stepped all over the floor trying to figure out if I could get the rattle to stop. So the only thing I can figure is maybe it's slapping up against the skid plate. And my stock skid plate is bent and stretched all out of shape so it's definitely not in the factory position anymore LOL.

J

JTW

I got my bed latched down real tight. Doors and stuff too. But this is a different sound anyway, it's definitely coming from down below and sounds like a chatter. Does it pretty much any speed, as long as the engine is lugged down with the RPMs low, you know where the engine would be real shaky. For example if I'm climbing a long steep paved Hill at about 2500 rpm or so it is pretty bad. Soon as I shift down and get it up to about 4000 RPM it goes away. I know another member on here mentioned he had some cables or rods or something between the floor and the skid plate that were rattling around and he stuffed some foam in there and that solved the problem. Whatever it is it isn't rattling against the floor because I've stepped all over the floor trying to figure out if I could get the rattle to stop. So the only thing I can figure is maybe it's slapping up against the skid plate. And my stock skid plate is bent and stretched all out of shape so it's definitely not in the factory position anymore LOL.
Sounds similar to the rattle I have.. shake the s*** out of the motor and see if it’s the motor mounts? This is easiest if you lift the front of the machine. Tighten the motor mount bolts and see if that changes the sound. I still have a little rattle in mine but tightening those bolts quietened it down A LOT. May not be the same issue but I looked forever before I found it!

83D79310 0CF2 4D0D B939 801744BF6C5D

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Will do, thanks for the tip man! The skid plates going to come off anyway, going to replace it with some half inch uhmw, so I guess I'll get a closer look from underneath that way. Hopefully I can track it down because it is driving me nuts!

J

JTW

Will do, thanks for the tip man! The skid plates going to come off anyway, going to replace it with some half inch uhmw, so I guess I'll get a closer look from underneath that way. Hopefully I can track it down because it is driving me nuts!
Yup.. I understand!

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only way to go without replacement plate check all of your air intake clamps while you're there

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Stevo

Stevo

Apr 8, 2017
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Mine make a rattle sound and sounds like tin rattling but machine is so loud that I cannot pin point were it is coming from.

Reactions: JTW and BWAF
J

jzimbo12

Aug 15, 2022
New York
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue with my 2022 1000-5
Just wondering if someone can tell me what tools I need to remove the factory skid plate. My pioneer is 250 miles away. I'm gonna go down and ride this weekend and while I'm there I want to remove the facotry skid plate to test and see if something between the floor and the skid plate is rattling against the skid plate causing the chattering sound I hear when the motor is lugged down.
Did you ever figure this out? MY 2022 is doing the same thing and it's driving me nuts.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!