P1000 Smallest Trailer Size

Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
Lmao I'm thinking probably not, no matter how much gas prices drop lol. I had a 66 VW shipped from oakdale, CA to TN several years ago lol. Seems like it cost me around 900 bucks.
Oh well, worth a shot.

Reactions: joeymt33
LaVell

LaVell

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Opp, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh well, worth a shot.
I haul mine on a 6x12 and it does ok. I would rather haul it on a larger trailer and I am now looking for one. I have a tractor I need to haul also so I will be looking for one that can fit both needs. Not too big and not too small. Whatever it takes....

CashMoney

CashMoney

Feb 5, 2016
Reno, NV
www.SRTNV.com
I'm in the same boat. Guys around here want way to much for a single axle trailer. So I'm probably going to build one when I get time. I'm kinda lazy though I'm either going to make a hydraulic or air tail on it so I don't have to mess with ramps. I've got trailers at work I can probably steal that design from.

Reactions: Itsalljake
Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
I'm in the same boat. Guys around here want way to much for a single axle trailer. So I'm probably going to build one when I get time. I'm kinda lazy though I'm either going to make a hydraulic or air tail on it so I don't have to mess with ramps. I've got trailers at work I can probably steal that design from.
Just make a simple tilt trailer.

Itsalljake

Itsalljake

Lifetime Member
Jan 27, 2016
Los Angeles
Somewhat off topic but I think my trailer plans have expanded to include a horse. Not at the same time of course. The wife's interest piqued at the idea of getting her horse to the ranch and seemed to think we should get a trailer for both purposes. Anybody here have experience with that?

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought a 7 X 12 tilt, aluminum trailer after agonizing over what to buy. Once thing to watch out for is making sure the doors will clear the sides of the trailer so you can get in and out, and a 6' wide doesn't give you any room to stand when getting in and out. My 7 X 12 is longer than you need if you want to use ramps, but the drive on and off is really nice. My side rails are only about 10" on the trailer, and you do need the doors to clear those rails (sides) for sure. I wanted to buy an enclosed 7' wide trailer, but it just won't work. I even tried a custom door on the side to allow the UTV door to swing open, and that wouldn't work because of the axle. The 8' trailers are just to big for me, and they create a lot of resistance too. You need a hefty, stable vehicle to pull one of those.

I wouldn't hesitate to pull the aluminum trailer all day with my Pioneer 1000. BTW, you might consider a wind deflector on your trailer since they aren't very expensive.

A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Our 7x16 double axle with front side load was $1,500 down here in Florida brand new.
20170922 102051

• Wow
Reactions: CID
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
We use a single axle 6 x 12 and it doubles as a utility trailer we pull with the Pioneer around the farm. It has an expanded metal gate so we use it to haul the zero turn or baggermower too.It has a pressure treated wood floor and 15 inch wheels with bearing buddies on the hubs.I think we paid 1100.00 new.

advertisement
tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I saw a comment that mentioned hydraulics on a tilt trailer bed, and the hydraulic load/unload feature makes it so easy and fast. I did get a 7 X 12, aluminum with the hydraulics and a 2 foot wind screen, but I paid about double of what you guys are talking about. I got tired of my wood floor trailers needing repairs, so in my old age I splurged on the aluminum. If I had a covered storage area, I wouldn't have spent the extra bucks, but it sure is nice (and light).

Reactions: JTW
J

JTW

I saw a comment that mentioned hydraulics on a tilt trailer bed, and the hydraulic load/unload feature makes it so easy and fast. I did get a 7 X 12, aluminum with the hydraulics and a 2 foot wind screen, but I paid about double of what you guys are talking about. I got tired of my wood floor trailers needing repairs, so in my old age I splurged on the aluminum. If I had a covered storage area, I wouldn't have spent the extra bucks, but it sure is nice (and light).
We’ve been doing the same.. they are very nice!

F

Futurelegend

Dec 30, 2018
Knoxville
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Looking to buy a -5.

I have a 5’6” x 10’. The numbers suggest it will work but barely. Should I trade trailers?

Reactions: TimG
TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV
Looking to buy a -5.

I have a 5’6” x 10’. The numbers suggest it will work but barely. Should I trade trailers?

I use a 5 1/2' x 10' carry on sold by TSC . Fits tight but works great. I bought the smallest trailer I could get by with for weight and convenience.

F

Futurelegend

Dec 30, 2018
Knoxville
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I use a 5 1/2' x 10' carry on sold by TSC . Fits tight but works great. I bought the smallest trailer I could get by with for weight and convenience.

Thank you!

Any advice or learnings from using the 5 1/2’?

Reactions: TimG
Redmoon

Redmoon

Feb 21, 2019
Prescott Az.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I found a guy on Craig's list that sells them lower than anyone else around here. He's retired and sells on the side. Got mine for 925.00. Plus 70 for the spare.

Hey Delton going to be in Memphis next week is your trailer guy close to there? I need a 7' x 12". Do you have any photos? Thanks

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!