• Thread starter EastCoastCan700
  • Start date
EastCoastCan700

EastCoastCan700

Nov 8, 2017
New Brunswick, Canada
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have aftermarket tires and rims on my 2017 Pioneer 700-2. The width of the tires are 62 inches from outside tire to outside tire. Wondering if I should go with the 66 inch wide plow or 72. My concern is when I have the plow turned completely to One Direction or the other with 66 will it still plow enough to clear my 62 wide tires. My driveway is not very long or wide so I was hoping to go 66 to make it easier go get around cars but will go with 72 if necessary. Looking at Eagle Manufacturing Plow Kit.
Thank you for any suggestions!

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Interesting. I have a "new" 2 year old Denali Pro plow put together that's never been on my 700 and it hasn't snowed enough to use it since I bought it. 1st winter I had the 700 it was wow on the snow hence the purchase and a few pictures in the past, lots of it and fun but no blade. Something from the internet. >>> According to Warn, the general rule of thumb is that you want your plow blade to be about six inches wider than your ATV or UTV. This allows the snow to clear the tires when fully rotated.<<< Mines a 72" and I'm gonna mount it this year so maybe it won't snow much again. I think you should consider a 72". Have fun and welcome to the forum. ;)

Reactions: mole
Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
I recently had this same decision to make. Thanks to @swsebek I went with the 72".
Here's a link to the thread and a pic of mine I have stock tires and wheels.
P700 - KFI Plow Mount

IMG 1019

Last edited:
Reactions: Eltobgi and swsebek
EastCoastCan700

EastCoastCan700

Nov 8, 2017
New Brunswick, Canada
Ownership

1. 700-2
Interesting. I have a "new" 2 year old Denali Pro plow put together that's never been on my 700 and it hasn't snowed enough to use it since I bought it. 1st winter I had the 700 it was wow on the snow hence the purchase and a few pictures in the past, lots of it and fun but no blade. Something from the internet. >>> According to Warn, the general rule of thumb is that you want your plow blade to be about six inches wider than your ATV or UTV. This allows the snow to clear the tires when fully rotated.<<< Mines a 72" and I'm gonna mount it this year so maybe it won't snow much again. I think you should consider a 72". Have fun and welcome to the forum. ;)
Hi Jawquin, thanks for the reply. I think you’ll be Ok since you got the 72”.

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi Harman24630, can I ask why you decided to go 72” instead of 66” ?
@swsebek told me that with stock tires and a 66" at full angle it would leave a stripe of packed snow and if I ever wanted bigger wheels and tires the stripe would get bigger. After I installed mine I can see if it was 3" shorter on each side the 66 would clear the 700's path but snow that falls back from the sides would get packed by the tires.

EastCoastCan700

EastCoastCan700

Nov 8, 2017
New Brunswick, Canada
Ownership

1. 700-2
@swsebek told me that with stock tires and a 66" at full angle it would leave a stripe of packed snow and if I ever wanted bigger wheels and tires the stripe would get bigger. After I installed mine I can see if it was 3" shorter on each side the 66 would clear the 700's path but snow that falls back from the sides would get packed by the tires.
That is exactly what I was worried about, thanks for the info, I think it’s clear now that I am going to order the 72 inch wide.

Tradertrent

Tradertrent

Lifetime Member
Apr 7, 2017
MONTANA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As you can see in my Avatar, I am sporting a 72" Moose Plow on my P1K. I am now into my second season with this plow and my advice to you with the 700 is to plow early and plow often. Don't let the snow get above say 4" - 5". I have plowed as much as 8" deep and I do have the power for it, but I am not sure about how the 700 would handle it? Also, If you run on gravel like I do, be sure to set the skid shoes at the correct height to avoid wearing out or tearing up your plow blade and road. Matter of fact, get yourself some spare skid shoes and bumpers. I zip tie my pins in place. This helps keep them in place and reduces the risk of losing a skid shoe assembly. I probably do not have to say this, but - by all means, operate in LOW range when you are plowing! Hope this helps.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think you will really enjoy plowing with your new machine. It is a night and day difference between plowing with a utv vs an atv. I think you definitely want the extra width to cover your tire tracks. I actually made the blade for mine out of a 60 inch moose atv plow and added 8 inches to either side. They sure can push alot of snow. I took the plow shoes off of mine and welded a round pipe to the bottom to keep from tearing up the yard and pushing my gravel away. In my opinion the 700 is set up better to snow plowing because you can just push it around easily at slow speeds and if you do come to the stop it just stalls out without hurting clutches.

Reactions: EastCoastCan700
Tradertrent

Tradertrent

Lifetime Member
Apr 7, 2017
MONTANA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think you will really enjoy plowing with your new machine. It is a night and day difference between plowing with a utv vs an atv. I think you definitely want the extra width to cover your tire tracks. I actually made the blade for mine out of a 60 inch moose atv plow and added 8 inches to either side. They sure can push alot of snow. I took the plow shoes off of mine and welded a round pipe to the bottom to keep from tearing up the yard and pushing my gravel away. In my opinion the 700 is set up better to snow plowing because you can just push it around easily at slow speeds and if you do come to the stop it just stalls out without hurting clutches.
Hey.. that's a good idea about the round pipe. Have you got pictures of this mod to share? What kind of pipe did you use and what size of pipe?

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey.. that's a good idea about the round pipe. Have you got pictures of this mod to share? What kind of pipe did you use and what size of pipe?
I can get a picture this weekend. I actually tried slitting a piece of 1" water pipe and putting it on but found it was too hard to try and get it mounted. I finally used a piece of 2 3/8" oil field pipe and welded it to the blade in a couple of spots. I figured I would take it off after and couple of weeks when my gravel froze over, but I decided to leave it on. It leaves a little skiff of snow but that's what I was wanting. It keeps from pushing the gravel off and doesn't tear up my lawn. Trust me it wasn't my idea but a couple of great guys on the forum that gave me the idea.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!