socket question

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
has anyone taken the blank spot next to light rocker apart? Is it a bolt in plug /cover? I need 1 more rocker and that looks like good spot if can figure out how to use it??

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
H

HondaTech

Id say it a blank that would need cut out, thought the factory switches are a little larger than most of the rockers ive run across.

Reactions: BWAF
B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
has anyone taken the blank spot next to light rocker apart? Is it a bolt in plug /cover? I need 1 more rocker and that looks like good spot if can figure out how to use it??
It snaps out but is easier from the back. I have some module switch cut in type holders from Amazon that I could make work but I have ordered a 3 switch plate for the dash above from the Pioneer switch guy on the forum.

Screenshot 20190617 222101

Reactions: CumminsPusher
B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
thanks, I have to pull the dash top to do rest of wiring so will get it from back. I have a socket to hold rocker that looks similar to what you posted that looks close but wont know till get plug out.

B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
thanks, I have to pull the dash top to do rest of wiring so will get it from back. I have a socket to hold rocker that looks similar to what you posted that looks close but wont know till get plug out.
It easier to also remove the top part of the inner fender liner also. I pulled my dash top tonight also for the second time to install the windshield wiper.

viceversa

viceversa

Jun 5, 2019
Flagstaff, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I wonder if we could buy another Honda switch and rewire it for another purpose in this location?

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
The Honda switches are huge compared to others. I installed horn switch next to Honda removal plate.

spentcoins

spentcoins

Apr 19, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. Talon R
I talked with otrattw, who makes and sells most rocker switches. He is currently looking for a source for the larger Honda switches. I want one for my winch.

Reactions: Razorback
B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
please post if you come up with larger rocker switch for Winch - I would be interested too

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
So I have these. It's a switch holder like above but a single.

If someone has or is willing to punch their hole out I'll send you one to test.
Measurements are...
Roughly needs a 1" x 2" hole.

43d0ad4721022435152f32906f86df4073a32c85f319acbbdc67a36a47b6f7b7

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
So what you have is like a bushing for the large Honda hole. I would be glad to test for you.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
So what you have is like a bushing for the large Honda hole. I would be glad to test for you.
I think so.
Can you check measurements. I dont have a talon available?

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
The plug (dummy hole cover) measures 1 3/16" X 2 3/8". This is the area that sits flush in the panel.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The plug (dummy hole cover) measures 1 3/16" X 2 3/8". This is the area that sits flush in the panel.
Close. Think it's too long.
Sent you a message.

D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Did you notice when you buy the horn kit it does not even come with a switch that would fit in the hole left of the steering wheel. The switch that comes with the kit requires a new hole to be cut in dash.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Did you notice when you buy the horn kit it does not even come with a switch that would fit in the hole left of the steering wheel. The switch that comes with the kit requires a new hole to be cut in dash.
Yep. That hole was purposefully saved for Live Valve. Yes even tho it will not be available for eirler models.

Reactions: BWAF
spentcoins

spentcoins

Apr 19, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm gonna order a sport/auto-mt switch and label it for a winch. It is momentary 2 position and should work fine for winch control.

Reactions: viceversa and BWAF
B

Bigblue1

Feb 3, 2019
NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So I have these. It's a switch holder like above but a single.

If someone has or is willing to punch their hole out I'll send you one to test.
Measurements are...
Roughly needs a 1" x 2" hole.

View attachment 136540View attachment 136541

The one I posted a picture of will actually fit better with the side that doesn't have the flange on it up next to the headlight switch. The flange gets in the way. It fits but you will have to rig it to get it to stay in but it is doable. I test fit it a few months ago.

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
I have to remove the light / dimmer switch. Normal Rockers have a tab that you push down with screw driver. Does this one have same?when I shine light, I don't see tab??

spentcoins

spentcoins

Apr 19, 2019
Alabama
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm gonna order a sport/auto-mt switch and label it for a winch. It is momentary 2 position and should work fine for winch control.

Got the switch installed and worked out perfect.
You have to cut the connector off the new switch first.

Wiring,
Yellow is sport side at switch and I used it for winch in, connect it to the green control wire on winch contactor.

Blue is at/mt at switch and I used it for winch out, connect it to the black control wire on the winch contactor

Black is +12vdc common at switch and I used the switched white wire on the dead end plug to power this black

The two white wire on the switch are for lights and I chose not to use them. All that is left is stickers.

20190702 150458 20190702 151226

Reactions: nm6r and viceversa

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!