Aaronroberts

Aaronroberts

May 8, 2020
Iaeger, West Virginia
www.blackgoldoffroad.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Will a rear wheel and tire fit on the front of a 2021 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe? I want to make a spare to keep on my ride and dont know if I need to get a front or rear setup for that. I have a good rear tire for the spare but need to know if I find a rear wheel if that will work all the way around for a spare of if I can put the rear tire on a front wheel and use it for a spare all the way around as well.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Will a rear wheel and tire fit on the front of a 2021 pioneer 1000-5 deluxe? I want to make a spare to keep on my ride and dont know if I need to get a front or rear setup for that. I have a good rear tire for the spare but need to know if I find a rear wheel if that will work all the way around for a spare of if I can put the rear tire on a front wheel and use it for a spare all the way around as well.
You need a front wheel for a spare.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Would I be able to mount a rear tire on a front wheel for a spare?
Negative

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
A rear rim/stock tire will fit on the front of your machine.
But wont turn worth a poop, will rub when turning. Id only use it for slow travel back emergency. When a buddy did that on trail at RRB a few takovers ago i think the front caliper rubbed a bit too i cajt remember? All i know is that he needed my spare front to get through the day

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
A rear rim/stock tire will fit on the front of your machine.
I ran a rear wheel on the front with a 28x10x12 evo on it and it rubbed a groove on my a-arm. I never knew it was rubbing. It must have been on full turns with suspension compressed. This was all because I got the wheels mixed up and didn't know it.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I ran a rear wheel on the front with a 28x10x12 evo on it and it rubbed a groove on my a-arm. I never knew it was rubbing. It must have been on full turns with suspension compressed. This was all because I got the wheels mixed up and didn't know it.
That must've been some good beer that day 😂

advertisement
Aaronroberts

Aaronroberts

May 8, 2020
Iaeger, West Virginia
www.blackgoldoffroad.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Well you know the unwritten gospel around here right
IMG 3991
Thats the only picture ive got of it, the day I brought it home. Ive put a super atv flip out windshield on it since then and extended my vent lines.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thats the only picture ive got of it, the day I brought it home. Ive put a super atv flip out windshield on it since then and extended my vent lines.
Sweet! Your awesome!
Nice machine!

little history with the pics.
See, some yrs ago cuz this forum is so BA we use to get alot of trolls and im sure we still do! But not as much. Some fingered it was mostly Poo Poo folks (for those from Reo Linda thats Polaris folk) they would post stupid stuff claiming things like the machine was a day old and cought fire and stuff but 99% of the time would not provide pics to there claims . So we would say “pics or it didnt happen” then they would leave fast! Lol. So it just stuck. So when someone is talking about or claim they have bought a machine especially in introduction, we like to see it or prove it if you will, naked or all dressed up!
So thanks for posting your pic. ;)

Aaronroberts

Aaronroberts

May 8, 2020
Iaeger, West Virginia
www.blackgoldoffroad.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I still havent been able to figure if a 14x7 4+3 offset wheel will work. I havent had any luck in finding a stock front wheel for sale without buying a whole set of wheels. Anybody know if I got a 14x7 4+3 offset wheel and mounted a 28/10/14 tire on it if Id be able to use it as a spare on all 4 corners? I put 28/10/14 rockabillys all the way around on my stock deluxe wheels and am trying to make a spare.

IMG 4157 IMG 4158

Last edited:
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes that will work one of my sets is a 28-10-14 tensor regulator on a method 4+3 wheel. I run them on all 4 corners. 5+2 will also work on all 4 corners. I have a full size spare and would recommend looking for a wheel and tire combo that are light if you plan to pack it with you. I've realized that my full size spare is too heavy to be practical for the way we ride.

Aaronroberts

Aaronroberts

May 8, 2020
Iaeger, West Virginia
www.blackgoldoffroad.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yes that will work one of my sets is a 28-10-14 tensor regulator on a method 4+3 wheel. I run them on all 4 corners. 5+2 will also work on all 4 corners. I have a full size spare and would recommend looking for a wheel and tire combo that are light if you plan to pack it with you. I've realized that my full size spare is too heavy to be practical for the way we ride.
Whats the best way to be able to haul the spare? Ive looked into the hitch mount carrier from tusk but I really dont want to loose the ability to use my dump bed.

Reactions: Lady01
Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Whats the best way to be able to haul the spare? Ive looked into the hitch mount carrier from tusk but I really dont want to loose the ability to use my dump bed.
I made a contraption to bolt the spare carrier into my bed them the spare ratchet straps to my contraption. I can get a pic of the bracket I made when I get home. I took it out for our most recent overland trip because of the weight of the spare.

9F52A490 5AB3 429B 955D D7DFA32AD893 D0D6CBEE F423 485F AB62 4B8AF23B3CF2

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!