P500 SSS Off-Road UHMW skids.....thoughts?

Signal_rig

Signal_rig

Mar 10, 2018
TN
Ownership

1. 500
You get 15% off if you fill out the online survey. Only problem it takes a few days to get the email and a link...No discount code. I did it and got the link. I haven't ordered yet, but hope to soon. Not sure about the sliders

Signal_rig

Signal_rig

Mar 10, 2018
TN
Ownership

1. 500
Where would I find the online survey?

Look on their website it's a banner that asks you if you want 15% off your order for feedback about the website.

It's strange how they worded it. But click on the 15% and full out the survey

Reactions: fp4
Signal_rig

Signal_rig

Mar 10, 2018
TN
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Signal_rig!
The wife says I can't hear and now I guess I'm blind too, go figure!
My wife said I hope this is it today, I brought home a new trailer to haul the pioneer. I guess I’ll have to wait on the skids:(

Reactions: fp4
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
My wife said I hope this is it today, I brought home a new trailer to haul the pioneer. I guess I’ll have to wait on the skids:(
Tell the wife that the cost of the skids are going to be less than the cost of damages because of the crappy factory skids when they fail you.

Reactions: Signal_rig and fp4
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I was curious as to how the skid mounts along the outside edge of the ROPS.
I installed carriage bolts along both sides, been on 3-1/2 years and a couple thousand miles working great.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I had the SSS on my 500 and worth every penny.
I'm going to get another set ,,,,unless I upgrade to the talon

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I had the SSS on my 500 and worth every penny.
I'm going to get another set ,,,,unless I upgrade to the talon
Yep, down there underneath out of sight, but really the best/most important accessory added....:cool:

Reactions: ncred02
seymore13

seymore13

Jul 9, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I just put my full set on last night. First impressions, wow. What a difference over stock. We were riding last weekend and had quite a few instances of sticks hitting the floor and making us nervous. Won't have to worry about that anymore. They do an amazing job at covering the entire underside and the rockers. The only thing I wasn't impressed with were the rear a-arm covers. Mounted with the included hardware, they slide around and are really loose. Looks like the straps supplied with them are too big for the a-arms themselves. The front ones bolt to the actual arm, so its much tighter. Will probably replace the straps that came with them with a size smaller to actually grab the arms and keep them tight.

J

jsanders

Dec 24, 2018
usa
Ownership

1. 500
Any new opinions on the a arm guards from sss offload?I'm thinking about getting the skid plate but not sure about the a arm guards vs aluminum ones.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Not gonna comment on SSS, I will say I’ve done a DIY skid plate, stir stoppers and other stuff made from UHMW. Excellent material, can use wood working tools to shape, build what you need. It’s VERY robust material, you can get in different thicknesses, by the sheet. Every couple years I buy a 4’x10’ 3mm thick for making stuff on various projects. For the DIY skid plate I used 9.5mm thick black UHMW, counter sunk and used same fastening washers and bolts. Had it since 2015, been great. Used the stock one as a pattern.

Richie23

Richie23

Nov 26, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have one on my p1000 and I love it. The only issue I have had is running mud will cause the trapped bolts on the outer roll cage rails to rust and pop out. It does not effect the others bolts due to the thickness difference between the frame rails and roll cage. I just threw bolted the outer mounts on the roll cage. Haven't had any more issues since.

Reactions: GrnP500
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I have had both alum. skids and A arm guards and now SSS OffRoad, I now consider aluminum entry level.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
I have had both alum. skids and A arm guards and now SSS OffRoad, I now consider aluminum entry level.

Aluminum is better than a torn stock skid plate, but it tends to grip or grab whatever you are sliding over, if it’s rocks, trees etc. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW PE) slides over debris easily without snagging up. Very robust material. Number of different derivative for UHMW, even comes with titanium particles if you require incredibly tough applications. Buddies of mine have used the Ti UHMW on bottoms of shallow water jet boats.... have literally slide downhill in basically dry stream beds (at speed) with nary a scratch on the boat bottom.

Reactions: Mudder and Mudwing
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Aluminum is better than a torn stock skid plate, but it tends to grip or grab whatever you are sliding over, if it’s rocks, trees etc. Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW PE) slides over debris easily without snagging up. Very robust material. Number of different derivative for UHMW, even comes with titanium particles if you require incredibly tough applications. Buddies of mine have used the Ti UHMW on bottoms of shallow water jet boats.... have literally slide downhill in basically dry stream beds (at speed) with nary a scratch on the boat bottom.
Mu SSS offRoads that seen stuff that would have ruined Aluminum and when I looked that them could not hardly tell they were abused. When I took off the factory skids I was suprised they were in in one piece.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FWIW I run Trail Armor which is UHMW and they are tough as nails. I actually gouged a piece pretty bad at Windrock on my 700-4 but it protected everything and did it’s job. I was impressed enough that I just bought another for my 1000-5. You can’t go wrong with UHMW.

Reactions: Mudwing

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!