P700 Stalling -solved

A

Akitalover

Jul 27, 2019
Maui, Hawaii
Ownership

1. 700-2
Recently was driving my 2014 lightly used 700/2 up my very long steep driveway as I usually do. Halfway up it stalls. Restart it, stalls again when put into gear. Restart it again and immediately dies. Towed home. Intake ok, exhaust ok, has gas, tank like new new, oil looks brand new. Valve lash spot on. Now I’m worried about the rounded cam lobe syndrome. But went to change the spark plug because that’s on the list too.

A

Akitalover

Jul 27, 2019
Maui, Hawaii
Ownership

1. 700-2
68227360 200E 4ABE ABB9 8F5EE4001519 All good now

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Recently was driving my 2014 lightly used 700/2 up my very long steep driveway as I usually do. Halfway up it stalls. Restart it, stalls again when put into gear. Restart it again and immediately dies. Towed home. Intake ok, exhaust ok, has gas, tank like new new, oil looks brand new. Valve lash spot on. Now I’m worried about the rounded cam lobe syndrome. But went to change the spark plug because that’s on the list too.
Has anyone removed the cap?

I ask because I Always had trouble getting the cap off without breaking it. Antiseize...die grease... pliers...didn't matter, the end would pull out and the contents would get lost if you didn't keep track. After the third time, I simply bought an NGK aftermarket in the right resistance and never had it happen again. If the dealer or someone was messing with it, I can see the plug getting unknowingly cracked and then failing later.

A

Akitalover

Jul 27, 2019
Maui, Hawaii
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’m the original owner and to my knowledge the plug and wires have never been touched before. When I was trying to get the boot off the spark plug, it felt a little “weird”. I suspect the plug was cracked or partially broken and I finished it off. In any case, it runs well now, and I did try some dielectric grease. I’m also glad I found a “special tool” I made 8 years ago which was essentially the coil cap boot from an old set of wires with the wire pulled out. Made a hard job of getting the broken spark plug pieces out much easier. Also thanks to this forum for teaching me to do my own valve adjustments.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!