Ownership

1. 1000-5
J

Jleonard

Dec 5, 2020
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello. New here love my pioneer 1000 on my 2nd one. Joined to see if anyone else had issue with stick coming through floor. Well to my disappointed this seems to be more common than I hoped. I was only going about 10mph picked up 2.5 -3" stick and came right through. The scariest part is my 10yr old daughter was sitting there 15min earlier. Now I use my equipment in the woods and realize things can happen but this seems to be safety issue. After price of machine,tracks,soft cab,winch, radial tires, stereo... I would have certainly popped for any type of protection to prevent this. With ignorance not being valid excuse there should be some warning about this especially now I see it to be common. I'm working with my dealer right now and if Honda won't do anything about i will have to make insurance claim. Sorry for first post to be negative and do love machine but I guess I ass u med Honda would have taken more precaution to keep operator and passenger safer.
Screenshot 20201205 102719

R

RetSMSgt

Aug 19, 2015
Well chalk me up as a tree branch victim.. Luckily it only skimmed my wife's leg and took a little skin with it. Had to sawz all the limb to get it out. My p1k5 actually picked up 2 other limbs yesterday but only the one went through the floor. Went the hole way through the plastic under the seat to. Only going about 5 mph down a logging road. I didn't buy my buggy local but I'm going to call Altoona tomorrow and see if they'll warranty it. Otherwise looks like a ton of work installing a new floor.

Tree limb Tree limb 2

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well chalk me up as a tree branch victim.. Luckily it only skimmed my wife's leg and took a little skin with it. Had to sawz all the limb to get it out. My p1k5 actually picked up 2 other limbs yesterday but only the one went through the floor. Went the hole way through the plastic under the seat to. Only going about 5 mph down a logging road. I didn't buy my buggy local but I'm going to call Altoona tomorrow and see if they'll warranty it. Otherwise looks like a ton of work installing a new floor.

View attachment 263437 View attachment 263438
Not as bad as one would think, removing the front floor board, takes a lot of beer though! HA!

R

RetSMSgt

Aug 19, 2015
I took the p1k5 into the shop today, got the power steering fixed (recall). Asked if they would cover the floor under warranty. "NO". I'm out $90 and get to install a new floor (once it arrives).

Reactions: Mudwing
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No, glue won't normally work on UHMW-PE. Mechanical fasteners are the answer. Maybe not on this project, but when using UHMW to line my snow blower (prevents snow sticking and abrasion wear), one end gets fastened normally, the other end on longer pieces gets slotted to allow for the relatively large thermal coefficient of expansion compared to most substrates. - - This should not be a factor for fender well liners, though.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thats what scares the s*** outta me.
As soon as I get my new Green Pioneer 1000-3 thats one of the first mods.

Reactions: ChadD
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I had a stick come through the floorboard on me. I installed these while replacing the busted floorboard. I ran over a limb the other day and heard it break when it kicked up and hit the plate. Most likely would have busted my floorboard again if I hadn't had them.

Reactions: WagginTail

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!