P1000 Debris (sticks, leaves) in air intake

S

Shannon840

Apr 2, 2016
Nova Scotia
Have about 2000 miles on my P1K3 and decided to check the big air filter behind the seat and the sub air filter under the hood. The sub air filter well had some light debris in the well that I noticed once I took the foam out. I vacumend it up and then moved to air filter behind the seat. I took the mud cover off and cleaned the filter well cover off carefully. Took out the screws and slid it off to the right side of the machine. I was surprised to find a fair bit of small debris in the well bottom sitting between the 2 intakes on the left going to the engine and the big one on the right coming up. There was any a piece of leaf lodged in the grooves of the intake on the right that i couldn't shop vac out - had to get a pair of needle nose pliers to pull it out. I'd say it had been there a while. Anyone else find this? Is it normal and any idea how this crap would get in there?

D

Dasmoeturhead

Have about 2000 miles on my P1K3 and decided to check the big air filter behind the seat and the sub air filter under the hood. The sub air filter well had some light debris in the well that I noticed once I took the foam out. I vacumend it up and then moved to air filter behind the seat. I took the mud cover off and cleaned the filter well cover off carefully. Took out the screws and slid it off to the right side of the machine. I was surprised to find a fair bit of small debris in the well bottom sitting between the 2 intakes on the left going to the engine and the big one on the right coming up. There was any a piece of leaf lodged in the grooves of the intake on the right that i couldn't shop vac out - had to get a pair of needle nose pliers to pull it out. I'd say it had been there a while. Anyone else find this? Is it normal and any idea how this crap would get in there?
I checked the air filter on mine at 500 miles, and it was perfectly clean. I ride in an area that has lots of dust, so I was pleasantly surprised at how clean it was.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!