P1000 Stock Rear Camber with Fox Shocks - Need help

Carleton

Carleton

Nov 28, 2014
Utah
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm always turning to ya'll when I have questions because many of you already know answers. My rear end is running stock A arms and fox shocks. I haven't adjusted the spring rate on the fox shocks, but my wheels are leaning in at the top quite a bit. Is the only way to fix this by stiffening the spring rate (minimizing the sag)? If so, how hard is this to do on the fox shocks. From what I've read, it sounds pretty hard.

IMG 4612

Reactions: BWAF
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
All the P1K are like that, both regular and FOX shocks. Since the A-arms are not adjustable the camber is what it is. Increasing the spring preload will only change the amount of sag and make the ride stiffer.

I found you never notice it from the drivers seat, only while following other P1K's. :D Just drive and enjoy, nothing unusual to worry about.

J

JTW

All the P1K are like that, both regular and FOX shocks. Since the A-arms are not adjustable the camber is what it is. Increasing the spring preload will only change the amount of sag and make the ride stiffer.

I found you never notice it from the drivers seat, only while following other P1K's. :D Just drive and enjoy, nothing unusual to worry about.
Exactly.. the only way to adjust it is by buying an aftermarket a arm like SATV.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Exactly.. the only way to adjust it is by buying an aftermarket a arm like SATV.
Or if your not a suspension junkie, buy the high lifter a arms, most of the Honda shops sell these as an up grade for clearance for 30 inch tires, no adjustments necessary, if you go the Super ATV a arms, there are some threads here that will get you real close in set up, toe in/out and camber. It's just a pain to have to take your A arms lose just to make an adjustment, Super ATV needs to fix this, big time! Im a suspension junkie, so I went with the Super ATV A arms, HA!

R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Won’t installing the Highlifter 2.5” lift partially fix this problem since it relocates the top of the shocks out and downward? It seems like it would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Won’t installing the Highlifter 2.5” lift partially fix this problem since it relocates the top of the shocks out and downward? It seems like it would.

It will straighten the rear wheels up but the SATV a arms allow you to adjust the camber specifically for your set up on the machine.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I'm always turning to ya'll when I have questions because many of you already know answers. My rear end is running stock A arms and fox shocks. I haven't adjusted the spring rate on the fox shocks, but my wheels are leaning in at the top quite a bit. Is the only way to fix this by stiffening the spring rate (minimizing the sag)? If so, how hard is this to do on the fox shocks. From what I've read, it sounds pretty hard.

View attachment 78047
If you watch the Super ATV a arm video it says to set them up with a little positive camber or is it in the instructions that come with them?

Reactions: ohanacreek and BWAF
zmnypit

zmnypit

Oct 20, 2017
alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I had to remove my lift because the rear wheels were leaning out so badly and I didn't like the way if rode. I ended up adding 1/2" preload on pass side and 3/4" on drivers side and it evened out the the lean a good bit. FWIW I have a 1000-3 so you may need to add a little more with the added weight.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!