P700 Sunroof, Moonroof ideas needed..

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
OK. @Lynn started this..lol. I have been kicking the idea around for a while, just not sure which way to go. Looking for ideas, always nice to have other's input. I like the idea of being able to see up, only sometimes. @Lynn through a whole new idea in with the venting. Being installed in a aluminum roof.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
That's tough. I think a scoop similar to Lynn's but lower profile might be good for occupants in the vehicle when it's hot out. Are you thinking something that opens like a door/scoop or something you can see through like a window?

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
@Tflynn yea want to see through like a window now but then don't. lol plus venting would be great for the dust and cool air. We modded some up but nothing worth showing or riding with. Thinking sunroof with vents with a piece on inside that slides to look like nothing there. Hell we made T-tops but no good way to attach that wasn't tacky looking. Just a side thing I'd like. Most of are time is going into engine mods.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ive been thinking about this since the 700-4. If I were to do it I want to see through it be very clean lightweight and seal up well. I want one front and rear. The only couple things I came up with were either taking the rear sunroof out of late 80s early 90s Ramcharger looks very close or take aftermarket sunroof cut down tig back together and replace glass with acrylic. Either you could take out or even reverse for max flow. The second I may do this winter. I know 700 and 1000 have different lines but small is what we're looking for. I'm curious on this post and will be watching hoping someone comes up with something good and easy.

Last edited:
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
@Tflynn yea want to see through like a window now but then don't. lol plus venting would be great for the dust and cool air. We modded some up but nothing worth showing or riding with. Thinking sunroof with vents with a piece on inside that slides to look like nothing there. Hell we made T-tops but no good way to attach that wasn't tacky looking. Just a side thing I'd like. Most of are time is going into engine mods.
Care to elaborate on the engine mods you have planned?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
OK. After more riding and loving my roof, I need to see out of it. So no one else will do it. Parts ordered, part of winter rebuild.

Reactions: Hondasxs and Tflynn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!