P1000 SuperATV windshield question

R

Red21

Aug 9, 2021
sioux falls, sd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I recently installed a SuperATV Pioneer 1000 scratch-resistant flip windshield on my new P 1000-5 SxS. I mounted the bottom portion as low as I could possibly install it without damaging anything, and I installed the top section the same. The problem is, I can't get the two faces to match up where I would put the foam strip. Either the lower section needs to go about a 1/4"+ lower, or the top go about a 1/4"+ higher.
I have tapped both sections, higher or lower, carefully with a rubber mallet, but they are as high or low and won't move anymore.

For those of you that have installed this windshield, did you run into any similar problem? If so, how did you resolve it?

Reactions: Lady01
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I recently installed a SuperATV Pioneer 1000 scratch-resistant flip windshield on my new P 1000-5 SxS. I mounted the bottom portion as low as I could possibly install it without damaging anything, and I installed the top section the same. The problem is, I can't get the two faces to match up where I would put the foam strip. Either the lower section needs to go about a 1/4"+ lower, or the top go about a 1/4"+ higher.
I have tapped both sections, higher or lower, carefully with a rubber mallet, but they are as high or low and won't move anymore.

For those of you that have installed this windshield, did you run into any similar problem? If so, how did you resolve it?
Just like @bumperm said.
you HAVE to loosen all the clamps and mounts in order to get it lined up right for your machine then tighten them. Its gonna be a complete whore and you may say a few choice words cuz its a tight fit.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Just like @bumperm said.
you HAVE to loosen all the clamps and mounts in order to get it lined up right for your machine then tighten them. Its gonna be a complete whore and you may say a few choice words cuz its a tight fit.
Would you please tell it like it really is! HA!

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just like @bumperm said.

Hmm, and all this time I thought those two were mutually exclusive, "tight fit" and . . .

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Mine was difficult. loosen all clamps. Rubber mallet helps, too. I never got mine to meet 100% perfectly. Even with the rubber gasket provided with the windshield, the gap was just wee bit too much for my liking.

I reached back out to SuperATV and asked them if I could purchase a second gasket (I wanted the exact same material), which they shipped me at no charge. So I have two gasket strips - on on the lower half and one on the upper half. Works great.

advertisement
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I have decided to get a roll of 3/8" - 1/2" thick weather stripping with adhesive and use. I appreciate all the suggestions, but I tried them all.
SuperATV will send you a second gasket, free.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If I can figure out how to send a pic, I will.
What u using a cell phone?
I can walk you though how to post a pic

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have an iPhone 13
sorry this might get winded. Im assuming your using your phone to look at the forum? If so, this will be easy. Ill provide some pics for you.
Now back to the thread your posting in, click the “attach files“ box bottom left. From there a box will come up and says photo library or take a photo. photo library with take u to photos in your phone u already have and you can click on them and follow the directions and there you go! If u hit take a photo, it will take your phone to your camera and you can snap a pic of whatever u like and then bingo click the pic for full image and your good to go. Take your time and try it out. Don't let it frustrate you. Youll get it.
7820B6AE B384 4E23 9254 B98D27C75BE4
5EA047F9 E01D 41BA 9F93 38C4F1F2CEC8
CA2561D7 37E7 4908 B3F0 82D7D0A2346D

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Take your time. Get somebody to help you line up the top. Before that....make sure the bottom seal has been tapped on all the way with a little deadblow. It can often be the problem if its not on all the way....and sometimes its a pain to get on all the way...and you don't even realize it.
Also...loosen up the front of your roof to get it all installed. These guys are incredibly helpful, and it really can be a pain to install. BUT...its worth it once its all on there.

Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SuperATV will send you a second gasket, free.
I had the same issue when installing mine, and the perfect fix was to use a second layer of gasket. When I reached out and explained the problem I was having, I asked for a gasket strip to take care of the issue. I was not provided one, and left to solve the problem on my own. I am glad to see others have had better luck than I but I tried to get that help and it wasn't answered. I guess it depends on who reads the email? I am overall happy with the company, just that one issue.

I had the top portion of the windshield, extreme bottom edge, making contact with the bottom portion just below the gasket. So, they were touching plastic on plastic. A second gasket would push the top section out to stop the contact. I loosened my lower portion clamps a bit and pushed down pretty darn hard on them to compress that bulb gasket against the dash. Once that bulb gasket was compressed, I tightened the clamps. This lowered the bottom section just enough to get the top from touching it.

Then I have the issue where the upper portion is touching the side clamps on the A pillars. I'll try to attach pics if I have them. I have not found a solution to this but again, a second gasket would sweep the bottom of the top portion outward and keep it from touching the bracket. Alas, no second gasket....

Pics are showing the result of the double gasket....top glass and bottom glass are not touching anymore. I did not leave it like this however.

Last pic is the upper section, far edge that is touching the bracket on the pillar.

IMG 8384 IMG 8385 IMG 8386 IMG 8387 View

Last edited:
Reactions: Remington
R

Red21

Aug 9, 2021
sioux falls, sd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had the same issue when installing mine, and the perfect fix was to use a second layer of gasket. When I reached out and explained the problem I was having, I asked for a gasket strip to take care of the issue. I was not provided one, and left to solve the problem on my own. I am glad to see others have had better luck than I but I tried to get that help and it wasn't answered. I guess it depends on who reads the email? I am overall happy with the company, just that one issue.

I had the top portion of the windshield, extreme bottom edge, making contact with the bottom portion just below the gasket. So, they were touching plastic on plastic. A second gasket would push the top section out to stop the contact. I loosened my lower portion clamps a bit and pushed down pretty darn hard on them to compress that bulb gasket against the dash. Once that bulb gasket was compressed, I tightened the clamps. This lowered the bottom section just enough to get the top from touching it.

Then I have the issue where the upper portion is touching the side clamps on the A pillars. I'll try to attach pics if I have them. I have not found a solution to this but again, a second gasket would sweep the bottom of the top portion outward and keep it from touching the bracket. Alas, no second gasket....

Pics are showing the result of the double gasket....top glass and bottom glass are not touching anymore. I did not leave it like this however.

Last pic is the upper section, far edge that is touching the bracket on the pillar.

View attachment 321987 View attachment 321988 View attachment 321989 View attachment 321990 View attachment 322006
Those are the same issues I am having. I decided to get a thicker piece of foam gasket, similar to what is available yo put on a door to stop air infiltrationl. That did the trick. Thanks for letting me know and sharing pics. The upper left picture you posted is exactly the same problen I was having

R

roughrd00

Nov 27, 2018
az
Ownership

1. 1000-5

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!