monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
I’m about to take my 500 to Gunnison- thinking about unhooking the sway bar for a softer ride. Would that make it more tippy? How would it affect riding across slopes? Will have a passenger too.

Reactions: rtn001
mjager

mjager

May 10, 2019
Central Ontario
Ownership

1. 500
I bought mine used, a 2018 P500. Owned by a young guy who mickey moused everything he touch on this bike.

And yes the sways were disconnected, and I promptly reconnected them. It may be better for rock crawling having them undone, but definitely unsafe in terms of higher speed maneuvers.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
I’m about to take my 500 to Gunnison- thinking about unhooking the sway bar for a softer ride. Would that make it more tippy? How would it affect riding across slopes? Will have a passenger too.
See previous messages . TAKE IT OFF ! CUT IT IN HALF . MAKE HORSE SHOE STAKES OUT OF IT ! It's all benefit no negative on the lil P5s .

B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500

I am following this one too. We ride some technical stuff in which I think this will help a lot, but I ride with a group of rzrs also. It is not uncommon to be in 5th gear running pretty hard to keep up with them. I don’t want to have any high speed crashes for sure. Anyone else run fast with it disconnected? I would like some real world suggestions on running fast without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
THROW SWAY BAR IN THE GARBAGE ! IT IS A TOTAL WASTE ON THE 500 . IT IS A NEGATIVE NOT A POSITIVE . I AINT LYIN

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
How do you feel about the ride quality of the 500?
If you don't take issue with the ride, then no reason to remove it. But...if you prefer not to have your spine compressed, it certainly helps ride quality. I don't ride fast enough to see what it does at high speed*.

* 30+ MPH being "high speed" for a 500

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I am following this one too. We ride some technical stuff in which I think this will help a lot, but I ride with a group of rzrs also. It is not uncommon to be in 5th gear running pretty hard to keep up with them. I don’t want to have any high speed crashes for sure. Anyone else run fast with it disconnected? I would like some real world suggestions on running fast without it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple weekends ago I ran over 30 mph for the better part of the day. I also have 11's on the front which makes it softer as well, you just have to get a feel for the roll and slow down in the curves. In technical riding is where it shines without the ASB, better articulation and a better feel when creeping and crawling through stuff. Guess it all depends on what kind of riding you do most?

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Did 200 Km today on Fire Roads,Technical trails,Little Rock crawling ,Fast,Slow and dodging pot hole with no feel for roll over with it off well it's been off for 2 month now and say it doesn't feel tipsy AT ALL very slight rollover spungie kind of feel,but nothing to be scared about ....Do it you'll thank us later...lol..
Mine you I'm running small 25-10-12 with no spacer...but maybe once i upgrade to 27's or 28's with 1.5 spacer might be a whole different animal or it might be a better ride....

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Did 200 Km today on Fire Roads,Technical trails,Little Rock crawling ,Fast,Slow and dodging pot hole with no feel for roll over with it off well it's been off for 2 month now and say it doesn't feel tipsy AT ALL very slight rollover spungie kind of feel,but nothing to be scared about ....Do it you'll thank us later...lol..
Mine you I'm running small 25-10-12 with no spacer...but maybe once i upgrade to 27's or 28's with 1.5 spacer might be a whole different animal or it might be a better ride....
It will be slightly different animal . IT WILL BE EVEN BETTER >
I have 27s with 1.5 spacers and no sway bar . It's great !

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

'Spongie kind of feel' pretty much nails it. It will feel softer in the corners but makes for a softer ride and softer suspension for technical riding. ;)

Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
It will be slightly different animal . IT WILL BE EVEN BETTER >
I have 27s with 1.5 spacers and no sway bar . It's great !
Do you have 1.5 spacer on all 4 corners..Looks like rear width seem narrow.I'm going to check that out today

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Here is Colorado there is a lot of off camber riding so I prefer to leave mine attached and with so many 50" trails I cannot go to spacers.

Reactions: rtn001 and monaco
monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
Here is Colorado there is a lot of off camber riding so I prefer to leave mine attached and with so many 50" trails I cannot go to spacers.
Thanks - I'm about to do a week-long Gunnison ride. Was wondering if it would be better to take it off or leave it on for that... comfort might be nice, but I don't know how many cambered trails I'll see either. I'll have my 2" spacers by that time

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks - I'm about to do a week-long Gunnison ride. Was wondering if it would be better to take it off or leave it on for that... comfort might be nice, but I don't know how many cambered trails I'll see either. I'll have my 2" spacers by that time
It does depend on were you will be riding as anything can show up on the trails. Sound like you won't be riding any 50" trails since you are going with spacers so maybe disconnect the bar and tie it with zip ties and you can quickly reattach if you want.

monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
Tell me more about these 50" trails... are there a whole lot of them? if I went up to 54" would that still work?

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Tell me more about these 50" trails... are there a whole lot of them? if I went up to 54" would that still work?
There are a lot of 50" trails in Colorado and a lot of unrestricted. I am not sure about the Gunnison area but I am sure there are some so you can always just by pass those. We like the 50" because we like to look for wildlife and many fishing areas have access via the narrow trails. The wider trails will of course have the crazies and all those rental people that are clueless. They think when you give them the sign of how many riders behind you, they think we are all just friendly and wave back. I hate it when ther are 2 behind because then they assume you are giving the peace sign.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Forgot to answer you question about 54" width. These 50" trails just barely give you enough to get through with a 50" machine and you have to be paying close attention and take them straight on or you will scrape.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!